NYPD officer in Eric Garner case fired

If the cig tax wasn't around six dollars up there, the guy would still be alive today. New York's war on smoking is comparable to the failed war on drugs. They raise those taxes so high and then naturally the products go underground and then the cops are directed to arrest people for loose cigs, similar to when men with guns sent from the government kick down the doors of raw milk folks.

Government is force.

The bigger travesty, aside from a needless loss of life, is that grown men stood around and watched them publicly execute him. And then they wanna pop off about some new civil war breaking out. Pfffft. Please.

Your too stupid to answer. Death penalty. He died of a heart attack. Also you haven’t seen mad yet isn’t a threat. Another moron that doesn’t know the law. Your as dumb as the other gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a serious question as to if he intended to apply a chokehold, or was just wrestling with a very large, resisting man, along with other officers.

The Admin Judge called it a chokehold, but many disagree.

Many disagree with a judge's ruling in many cases. Does that matter?

It matters in this case because you are arguing he should have been fired.

Based upon court findings. I hold the officer to the same standard I would have been held to.

Don’t. Your not a cop and you have never been in the situation. He did his job and got screwed for it. It was a political statement.

His job wasn't to kill a man.

Cops have to make split second decisions. They don’t have the luxury of being able to think about it. The guy kept resisting and they were trying to subdue him. Sad that he died but it’s not the cops fault. Your just a Monday morning quarterback Until you walk in the shoes and do the job your opinion is shit

Sorry that weak ass excuse won't work. I am pretty sure you thought Johannes Mehserle was innocent as well.

He died of a heart attack. They were try to subdue him and he resisted. All he had to do is put his hands behind his back and it would have been over. He resisted arrest. Him dying wasn’t the fault of the police as he was obese and had heart issues. That’s what caused his heart attack. I’ll be the first one to slam a bad cop as they make the rest of us look bad. I don’t know if you remember or are old enough but remember the cop that arrested a black man and at the station took the prisoner in the bathroom and violated him with the handle of a plunger. That cop deserved what he got. He got charged and fired.

Many disagree with a judge's ruling in many cases. Does that matter?

Based upon court findings. I hold the officer to the same standard I would have been held to.

Don’t. Your not a cop and you have never been in the situation. He did his job and got screwed for it. It was a political statement.

Cops have to make split second decisions. They don’t have the luxury of being able to think about it. The guy kept resisting and they were trying to subdue him. Sad that he died but it’s not the cops fault. Your just a Monday morning quarterback Until you walk in the shoes and do the job your opinion is shit

Sorry that weak ass excuse won't work. I am pretty sure you thought Johannes Mehserle was innocent as well.

He died of a heart attack. They were try to subdue him and he resisted. All he had to do is put his hands behind his back and it would have been over. He resisted arrest. Him dying wasn’t the fault of the police as he was obese and had heart issues. That’s what caused his heart attack. I’ll be the first one to slam a bad cop as they make the rest of us look bad. I don’t know if you remember or are old enough but remember the cop that arrested a black man and at the station took the prisoner in the bathroom and violated him with the handle of a plunger. That cop deserved what he got. He got charged and fired.

The officer here was fired. Not good enough but at least a step in the right direction. The police should be fired whenever they violate a persons civil rights. It should be known that the possibility of that is very real when you do that.

If I break a policy at work I'm likely going to get fired. If I break a policy at work and someone dies, you can bet I am going to get fired. Pantaleo list a job and can ho and find another, Garner was murdered and he doesn't get a do over.

I have no idea why some hold a police officer to a different standard. Just do what you are instructed and no one gets fired.

There is a serious question as to if he intended to apply a chokehold, or was just wrestling with a very large, resisting man, along with other officers.

So you think it is ok for a police officer to choke a man to death. This guy should be doing 20 to Life, it just shows that there is still 2 Justice Systems in this country. I also believe all the officers who watched this murder should pay a price as well.
Eric Garner was not choked to death. He died of a massive heart attack incident to morbid obesity and diabetes.

Stop lying.

I think the Examiners stated he died of "compression of the neck". Contributing factors were his weight, heart condition, position etc. So he didn't really die of a heart attack. He also was not choked to death. There was a combination of things.

If I break a policy at work I'm likely going to get fired. If I break a policy at work and someone dies, you can bet I am going to get fired. Pantaleo list a job and can ho and find another, Garner was murdered and he doesn't get a do over.

I have no idea why some hold a police officer to a different standard. Just do what you are instructed and no one gets fired.

So you think it is ok for a police officer to choke a man to death. This guy should be doing 20 to Life, it just shows that there is still 2 Justice Systems in this country. I also believe all the officers who watched this murder should pay a price as well.

He was not choked to death. There were a numbers of factors involved in his death. "Choking" was not listed.

He was not choked to death. There were a numbers of factors involved in his death. "Choking" was not listed.

With none of it happening if the police hadn't insisted on him relinquishing his civil rights.

With none of it happening if the police hadn't insisted on him relinquishing his civil rights.
Selling untaxed cigarettes isnt a civil right, for the record.

Which he was not doing. He didn't have cigarettes on him. He had in the past. You can't demand to search someone over something they had done in the past.

Eric Garner was put into a submission hold a grand total of 15 seconds. He had medical issues and he shouldn’t have been resisting. This was an unjust firing.

Last edited:

Which he was not doing. He didn't have cigarettes on him. He had in the past. You can't demand to search someone over something they had done in the past.
Yes he did.

Garner actually had with him five packs of Newports that contained a total of less than 100 cigarettes. The cigarettes were marked for sale in Virginia, a sign they were being resold illegally in New York.

NYPD officer says he inflated charge against Eric Garner

The officer here was fired. Not good enough but at least a step in the right direction. The police should be fired whenever they violate a persons civil rights. It should be known that the possibility of that is very real when you do that.

You still don’t get it. There was no violation of civil rights. They sued because a lawyer told them that the City will cave and agree on a settlement. The only reason the cop was fired because the mayor and police chief didn’t want backlash. We all know NYC mayor Democrat moron.

Eric Garner was not choked to death. He died of a massive heart attack incident to morbid obesity and diabetes.

Stop lying.

I think the Examiners stated he died of "compression of the neck". Contributing factors were his weight, heart condition, position etc. So he didn't really die of a heart attack. He also was not choked to death. There was a combination of things.

So from what you just said he didn’t kill him on purpose. It was numerous things that lead to his death. So the cop didn’t do anything wrong the suspect did by resisting arrest.

He didn’t choke him to death. The cause of death was a heart attack.

It’s a crime.

Making up more stories.

Eric Garner was put into a submission hold a grand total of 15 seconds. He had medical issues and he shouldn’t have been resisting. This was an unjust firing.

Thank God. Someone else with brains and common sense. It was a political firing. The cop should now sue the city.

Fellow officers are NOT happy with this. They fear it will lead to cops being told to back off and not enforce laws. Like they already do in Chicago, San Francisco, and these other Drm run cities. In turn, that just leads to more crime and more attacks on police, who have their hands tied.

Forum List

Back