NYC To Fund Abortions

It's a step in the right direction and long over due.

My state has been funding abortions through Medicaid since 1981.

I'm glad to see a city try to catch up with the 17 of us states that already pay for abortions for low income women.

This is for any woman who needs one. The woman doesn't have to live in NYC. All she has to do is be in the city to get the abortion.

New York could become first city to provide abortion funding

Why can't anti-life people like yourself just pony up to pay the Abortionists?

Why do you feel it necessary to impose this on your fellow citizens who actually cherish the gift of life itself?

I do.

I voted in 1981 to allow my state tax dollars to pay for abortions. The initiative passed with a good margin. I voted in the majority.

I've been paying for abortions since 1981 with my state tax dollars.

I've been sending money to Planned Parenthood's fund that pays for abortions for low income women in other states since the 1990s.

I've been sending money to another private organization that all they do is fund abortions and pays for travel and lodging for abortions since the early 2000s.

So when have you helped a single mom? What have you done to back your words with action? Or are you all words and zero action? How many unwanted kids have you adopted? How many foster children have you opened your home to?

Why not instead donate to schools to teach about safe sex?

The assumption you are making is that the men won't step up to support their own children if it was for abortion.

I don't think that's a valid assumption.

Further, a lot of those aborted would have never been conceived in the first place if the parents knew they couldn't get free and easy abortions.

Yes it is. Millions of men have sex then walk away without looking back to see what they've caused. Millions deny the child is even theirs. Their own flesh and blood. A DNA test is forced because that man is too much of a jerk to support his own flesh and blood.

My education is in accounting and finance. I worked in the field for decades. I worked running the payroll department of a large home improvement chain in the west. One of my jobs was garnishments. I would say that about 90% of those garnishments were for child support. I had two very tall file cabinets filled with files on child support garnishments. In all those thousands of files only ONE was on a woman. The only reason being she set it up as an automatic deduction on her check so she wouldn't get behind in payments. The rest were men and all of them were court ordered. None of them were voluntary like the one with the woman. Everyone of them were behind on their chid support payments and had to be garnished to get the money and to put the children on health insurance. I got calls daily by those men threatening me because I legally garnished their wages to support their own flesh and blood.

The majority of unplanned pregnancies are caused by just such men. Men who don't use birth control and walk away from their own flesh and blood.

I worked for decades garnishing men for child support. Every time I got the court order papers and found another deadbeat all of us in my department did our happy dance. Another child will be helped who wouldn't have been helped because that man refused to pony up and take care of their own flesh and blood.

The fact that men walk away from their own flesh and blood is one of the major causes and reasons for abortion. If all men were treated the same way women are, there would be less abortions. If more men didn't walk away from their own flesh and blood there would be less abortions.

No, most men don't take that responsibility and do everything they can to not have to take that responsibility.

You all did a happy dance? Gawd that must have been a horrid bunch of people to work with. No wonder you're such a bitter person.

But it is interesting you think killing babies is just dandy due to child support. Good grief

Final note...it takes two to concieve...both bear personal responsibility. If a man can't support use protection...if a woman can't...use protection. Abortion numbers would sink like a stone
Actually they have. Abortions have fallen from 1.4 million in 1990 to 638,000 in 2015, down 54% due largely to more effective and widely use of contraception. Studies indicate that if contraception was free to all and readily available, the number of abortions would be cut in half.
Abortion statistics in the United States - Wikipedia

It's been free for decades. So tired of these idiot talking points.
It is only free if your income is low enough. Generally, it's the same as Medicaid in most states. However, what should be free and readily available is contraception, the pill, IUDs, morning after pill, etc.

Lie...you can get birth control free or next to nothing at any county public health office.

Listen up Flop you are in waaaay over your head here. Sit the fck down dude. Seriously...you look ridiculous

I'm glad to see a city try to catch up with the 17 of us states that already pay for abortions for low income women.

This is for any woman who needs one. The woman doesn't have to live in NYC. All she has to do is be in the city to get the abortion.

Only a fucking leftist would see government paying to abort babies, as "a step in the right direction".
God I despise you people.

Yet another abortion thread, yet further proof of the authoritarian right’s contempt for the will of the people and the rule of law.

Indeed, it exposes true conservative hypocrisy – conservatives who claim to be ‘advocates’ of the will of the people, that state and local government should be at liberty to govern as they see fit – clearly conservatives believe no such thing.
Anti-abortion has always been about hypocrisy. People wanted it banned but they wanted it available just in case they needed. Prior to Rowe v Wade, clean safe abortions were always available for those with money or a cooperative family doctor. When the poor had more kids than they could feed they turned to back alley abortion or at birth they disposed of unwanted babies in the same way they disposed of an unwanted litter of kittens.

Why do you feel it necessary to impose this on your fellow citizens who actually cherish the gift of life itself?

I do.

I voted in 1981 to allow my state tax dollars to pay for abortions. The initiative passed with a good margin. I voted in the majority.

I've been sending money to Planned Parenthood's fund that pays for abortions for low income women in other states since the 1990s.

I've been sending money to another private organization that all they do is fund abortions and pays for travel and lodging for abortions since the early 2000s.

So when have you helped a single mom? What have you done to back your words with action? Or are you all words and zero action? How many unwanted kids have you adopted? How many foster children have you opened your home to?

And make contraceptives free and readily available.

I do.

I already do that with my property taxes.

Who do you think you are that you can tell me how to spend my own money and who I can donate money to?

You really have a lot of nerve.

Yes it is. Millions of men have sex then walk away without looking back to see what they've caused. Millions deny the child is even theirs. Their own flesh and blood. A DNA test is forced because that man is too much of a jerk to support his own flesh and blood.

My education is in accounting and finance. I worked in the field for decades. I worked running the payroll department of a large home improvement chain in the west. One of my jobs was garnishments. I would say that about 90% of those garnishments were for child support. I had two very tall file cabinets filled with files on child support garnishments. In all those thousands of files only ONE was on a woman. The only reason being she set it up as an automatic deduction on her check so she wouldn't get behind in payments. The rest were men and all of them were court ordered. None of them were voluntary like the one with the woman. Everyone of them were behind on their chid support payments and had to be garnished to get the money and to put the children on health insurance. I got calls daily by those men threatening me because I legally garnished their wages to support their own flesh and blood.

The majority of unplanned pregnancies are caused by just such men. Men who don't use birth control and walk away from their own flesh and blood.

I worked for decades garnishing men for child support. Every time I got the court order papers and found another deadbeat all of us in my department did our happy dance. Another child will be helped who wouldn't have been helped because that man refused to pony up and take care of their own flesh and blood.

The fact that men walk away from their own flesh and blood is one of the major causes and reasons for abortion. If all men were treated the same way women are, there would be less abortions. If more men didn't walk away from their own flesh and blood there would be less abortions.

No, most men don't take that responsibility and do everything they can to not have to take that responsibility.

You all did a happy dance? Gawd that must have been a horrid bunch of people to work with. No wonder you're such a bitter person.

But it is interesting you think killing babies is just dandy due to child support. Good grief

Final note...it takes two to concieve...both bear personal responsibility. If a man can't support use protection...if a woman can't...use protection. Abortion numbers would sink like a stone
Actually they have. Abortions have fallen from 1.4 million in 1990 to 638,000 in 2015, down 54% due largely to more effective and widely use of contraception. Studies indicate that if contraception was free to all and readily available, the number of abortions would be cut in half.

It is only free if your income is low enough. Generally, it's the same as Medicaid in most states. However, what should be free and readily available is contraception, the pill, IUDs, morning after pill, etc.

Lie...you can get birth control free or next to nothing at any county public health office.

Listen up Flop you are in waaaay over your head here. Sit the fck down dude. Seriously...you look ridiculous
I said free and readily available. That means free access to anyone, at any time, and at place that provides them.

I said free and readily available. That means free access to anyone, at any time, and at place that provides them.

It is....if you make the effort. Give It up flop. I'll cruicify you on this one

What you don't seem to understand is that most unwanted pregnancies occur because people do not take the effort. Reducing the effort involved reduces the chance of pregnancy.

What you don't seem to understand is that most unwanted pregnancies occur because people do not take the effort. Reducing the effort involved reduces the chance of pregnancy.

What you don't understand is I'm all about personal responsibility. If you can't do it murdering the end result is unacceptable.

It's not rocket science

What you don't understand is I'm all about personal responsibility. If you can't do it murdering the end result is unacceptable.

It's not rocket science
What you don't understand is that most people that show up at abortion clinics are not what you would call responsible. Sex without birth control always carries the risk of pregnancy. Responsible people take their birth control bills, don't forget their prophylactics, Have a morning after pill just in case. Most of those that aren't that responsible will use birth control provide they don't have to make a special effort to get it; that is they can pick it up at no cost almost anywhere. If they have to ride a bus to planned parenthood or a free health clinic, then they will probably take their chances.

It's not rocket science
What you don't understand is that most people that show up at abortion clinics are not what you would call responsible. Sex without birth control always carries the risk of pregnancy. Responsible people take their birth control bills, don't forget their prophylactics, Have a morning after pill just in case. Most of those that aren't that responsible will use birth control provide they don't have to make a special effort to get it; that is they can pick it up at no cost almost anywhere. If they have to ride a bus to planned parenthood or a free health clinic, then they will probably take their chances.

Then get responsible and YOU need to cease making excuses for murdering the most innocent of all. Seriously dipshit who do you think you're fooling? Good grief you couldn't be more transparent

Forum List

Back