NYC School Children Heckled By Adults While Singing “God Bless the USA”

If the school knew it was going to be unpleasent why did they force the kids to sing it?

Because they didnt care about the kids

Nio one forced the kids to sing it. Why would adults heckle kids singing? O h because they didnt care about the kids, but fo you if it's for the "cause" its ok. Defending this just shows what a tool you are.

Religious songs DONT belong in public schools

Nazi alert, funny how before the 60s they were fine, until the atheistic left wanted it gone. FREE exercise of religion is in the Constitution, leftwing politics arent. But liberals like to IMPOSE atheisim on people. all for the "cause"

CaféAuLait;5479874 said:
who picked the song.

I bet it wasnt the kids

Their TEACHERS picked it and they were going to sing it until the Principal said they could not because it may offend some cultures. So they staged the protest to sing it anyway with their parents permission. The principal is a Jehovah Witness and would have objections to the song given her religion. I do not know if that is why she rejected it though.

So Possibly RELIGIOUS reasons why.....and yet, once again, Secularism gets blamed sight unseen......

Sad, Some of those kids looked terrified of those liberal idiots..

What an awful display.

A group of New York City school children were not allowed to sing “God Bless the USA” in school during their Kindergarten graduation ceremony. So, the children went to a playground to sing it where a group of adults heckled them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X3Hkx-Liwk]Bob Turner's Patriotic Presser 6-18-12 - YouTube[/ame]

imagine those religious adults who put the kids up to this feel real good about themselves now. Religious whackos using children? Reminds me of Palestinians using their kids, :eusa_whistle:

no shame, any of these religious jerks. I say beat the shit out of some of these adults who use kids

What an awful display.

A group of New York City school children were not allowed to sing “God Bless the USA” in school during their Kindergarten graduation ceremony. So, the children went to a playground to sing it where a group of adults heckled them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X3Hkx-Liwk]Bob Turner's Patriotic Presser 6-18-12 - YouTube[/ame]

imagine those religious adults who put the kids up to this feel real good about themselves now. Religious whackos using children? Reminds me of Palestinians using their kids, :eusa_whistle:

no shame, any of these religious jerks. I say beat the shit out of some of these adults who use kids

My Gopd you use projection. the kids went off the school to sing it, WHY did liberals go there to heckle? And you blame religious people for singing God Bless the USA. Whast bastards, to try and even defend this shows youre a liberal zealot and a partisan hack

CaféAuLait;5479874 said:
who picked the song.

I bet it wasnt the kids

Their TEACHERS picked it and they were going to sing it until the Principal said they could not because it may offend some cultures. So they staged the protest to sing it anyway with their parents permission. The principal is a Jehovah Witness and would have objections to the song given her religion. I do not know if that is why she rejected it though.

Finally found the link again that brings up Hawkins beliefs. Interesting that this had been a tradition at the school for years.

Here's part of the article.

n past years the kids would sing the song with pride at the end of their June 20 commencement, waving tiny American flags, all dressed up for the occasion.

But Hawkins has pulled the plug on their patriotism, much to the annoyance of many parents.

'A lot of people fought to move to America to live freely, so that song should be sung with a whole lot of pride,' mom Luz Lozada told the New York Post.

She recalled one of her children singing the song at last year’s celebration.

'Everybody applauded and whistled,' she said. 'They gave it a standing ovation.'

It is not the first time that Hawkins, a Jehovas Witness, has tried to stamp down on the school's patriotic rituals.

A few years ago she tried to end the tradition of students reciting the Pledge of Allegiance and singing ‘America the Beautiful’.

Staff objected and she was forced to back down but it has been noted that she does not herself recite the pledge because of her religious beliefs.

She has in the past been called a tyrant and bully by staffers and was reprimanded in 2010 by the Department of Education after complaints arose that she had called the school racist.

Read more: 'You are a filthy, dirty, ugly subhuman gorilla': The shocking hate mail sent to New York principal who banned God Bless the USA from kindergarten graduation | Mail Online

CaféAuLait;5479874 said:
who picked the song.

I bet it wasnt the kids

So Possibly RELIGIOUS reasons why.....and yet, once again, Secularism gets blamed sight unseen......

That really has nothing to do with grown adults screaming that they all should "Go and burn in hell!!", for singing the song, does it?

Bob Turner's Patriotic Presser 6-18-12 - YouTube

My Gopd you use projection. the kids went off the school to sing it, WHY did liberals go there to heckle? And you blame religious people for singing God Bless the USA. Whast bastards, to try and even defend this shows youre a liberal zealot and a partisan hack

Kindergarten kids? STOP Hateful Christians from brainwashing and going after America's children for political gain!

Kindergarten kids? STOP Hateful Christians from brainwashing and going after America's children for political gain!

So you assume that the teachers who picked the song before it was stopped by the principal were Christian and or politically motivated? :confused: It has nothing to do with the fact that many in the US embraced this song after 9-11?

you really are stupid, so you're anti-christian, anti-america and you're a hedonistic collectivist, wow you are the total commie package, good for you.
Onward Christian Soldier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its fine to be patriotic.

Its not OK to promote one religion

yeah it is, it's called freedom and if you believe in a religion, you dont believe in others. boy you are retarded. Is your head still in Obama's ass or did you come up for air?

Translation, He wants Parents to be banned from Teaching their Kids Religion.

Tell me again how Liberals are Pro Choice?

Free to Choose to Kill a Kid, But not to Teach them what you believe? Really?

The liberal hecklers should have joined in and sang with the kids wouldn't that be nice

Ok, Will one of you Libs just admit it and go on record.

You would support a Law, Banning Parents from Teaching Their Kids about the Religion they believe in.

well unless it was Islam.

Right?

lol

Forum List

Back