NYC School Children Heckled By Adults While Singing “God Bless the USA”

Pul-leeze....The lyrics seem to infer that only men have died for this country.

Sad event, I hope the guy who set up this photo op loses.

Read the whole thread, Peach... The pol was INVITED by the children's parents. The screamers were NOT parents of the singing children. Do you libs EVER bother to DIGEST what you read?

I read thread and find the candidate, and parents, disgusting. I'm a centrist, by the way. Parents do not always do what is best for children; I am glad the principal put a halt to it; you might consider the fact this is a POP song, not our national anthem NOR America the Beautiful. Free publicity for a multi millionaire TV singer. Gross.

Last edited:
Of course attributing the whole thing to "liberal idiots" was your first mistake, and ever since that blew up in your face it's been a desperate attempt to veer the discussion over to why liberals on this thread condone yelling at kids, as if noting your fail is equatable to that.

This is how a fail is done kids. :thup:

What politician doesn't have some sort of campaign moment with kids? I'm sure the last thing anyone thought would happen would be a batch of rabid adults screaming their heads off.

Especially since Democrats are know for their civil discourse. :lol: Like the crazy loon out in Montana swatting away at the Republican candidates wife.

This is an election year. Hello?

Sad event, I hope the guy who set up this photo op loses.

Read the whole thread, Peach... The pol was INVITED by the children's parents. The screamers were NOT parents of the singing children. Do you libs EVER bother to DIGEST what you read?

I read thread and find the candidate, and parents, disgusting. I'm a centrist, by the way. Parents do not always do what is best for children; I am glad the principal put a halt to it; you might consider the fact this is a POP song, not our national anthem NOR America the Beautiful. Free publicity for a multi millionaire TV singer. Gross.

What are you speaking about? The school PLANNED on singing "God Bless the USA" and then the Principal decided that the song may be offensive to some cultures and changed the song to Baby by Justin Beiber. Turns out she has personal religious reasons for not wanting that song sung.

The parents and children planned the protest of not being able to sing "God Bless the USA" by actually singing the song, to show such was not an “offensive” song as stated by the Principal. Turner reached out to the parents and attended the protest.

And those parents are "disgusting" to you? Because they feel the song God Bless the USA should be able to be sung in an American School?

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;5478710 said:
Sad, Some of those kids looked terrified of those liberal idiots..

What an awful display.

A group of New York City school children were not allowed to sing “God Bless the USA” in school during their Kindergarten graduation ceremony. So, the children went to a playground to sing it where a group of adults heckled them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X3Hkx-Liwk]Bob Turner's Patriotic Presser 6-18-12 - YouTube[/ame]

Wow, the one guy is telling the little kids they are going to BURN In HELL? WTF!?!!?!?!?!?

You know rdean, joeb, huggy, and some of the other idiots here would have eagerly joined them in harassing those kids.

God Bless the USA? That isn't a traditional song; isn't that by some country/rock clone?

IMO it should be the national anthem. For one thing, people can actually sing it as opposed to the Star Spangled Banner, which , while I have it memorized, I would be driven out of town on a rail if I actually tried to sing it.

And yes, telling kids they are going to hell, yelling at them and frightening them IS harassing the kids.

Yes, I read the lyrics, and Lee Greenwood got a 'hardship deferment', because he had 'kids at 17' & made little money dealing cards in Vegas during his year or two of eligibility. A3 classification. Oddly, my father made to Vietnam at age 40+, with two children, age ten & five. Greenwood said he WOULD HAVE gone, if drafted! He is proud of his profit, that is it.

Ok, stupidest comment I have read today was this quote in the NYT. The head of the PTA actually believed the song shouldn't be sung because it was a freaking country song and that it had no place in the city.

Drum roll. And what's frightening this stupid statement was made by the head of the PTA.:lol: You can't make this shit up!

“This is a country song,” said Dina Rosado, president of the school’s PTA and a great believer in Ms. Hawkins. “This is Brooklyn. This is not the country.” Ms. Rosado’s husband, Jorge, directed a sign at Representative Turner that said, “Shame on You.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/20/n...turner-joins-protest-at-school-principal.html

Ok, stupidest comment I have read today was this quote in the NYT. The head of the PTA actually believed the song shouldn't be sung because it was a freaking country song and that it had no place in the city.

Drum roll. And what's frightening this stupid statement was made by the head of the PTA.:lol: You can't make this shit up!

“This is a country song,” said Dina Rosado, president of the school’s PTA and a great believer in Ms. Hawkins. “This is Brooklyn. This is not the country.” Ms. Rosado’s husband, Jorge, directed a sign at Representative Turner that said, “Shame on You.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/20/n...turner-joins-protest-at-school-principal.html

I saw that and nearly spit my water all over the computer screen.

Did you also see they are now playing the race card too?

God Bless the USA? That isn't a traditional song; isn't that by some country/rock clone?

IMO it should be the national anthem. For one thing, people can actually sing it as opposed to the Star Spangled Banner, which , while I have it memorized, I would be driven out of town on a rail if I actually tried to sing it.

And yes, telling kids they are going to hell, yelling at them and frightening them IS harassing the kids.

no, they don't; in fact, lyrics can't infer anything.

It was a political statement by a Republican candidate for Senate. This was a press conference photo op. A setup. A scheme using kids for political purposes.

We should be shocked some political opponents expressed their thoughts? Really?

They weren't harrassing the kids. They were harrassing the politician.

They were cursing and acting like classless asses in front of children. Really? You are such a partisan asshole that you can't denounce these people?

BTW moron, Obama has used children as his backdrop plenty of times and not once have conservatives acted in such a disgraceful classless manner
PHOTO: Obama poses with student Madalyn Starkey at Colorado bar

...and when Obama used schoolchildren as a political prop, the shitstorm of "outrage" from Conservatives was tremendous.

Why is there no "outrage" about Bob Turner's stunt?

And yet NOT ONE Republican ever shouted at CHILDREN while they were used for Obama. Notice the difference? Clueless classless dumb fuck.

CaféAuLait;5479257 said:

The 'country' referenced the fact is it is a COUNTRY music sing. Read the entire quotes, and surrounding sentences. Greenwood is clever, he made a ton of $$$$ off his "pride" in being American, after skipping service. A TV commercial used this song also.

The Star Spangled Banner is our national anthem, America the Beautiful, and God Bless america traditional songs. I think This Land is Your Lshould be in the top tier, the copyright has expired.

CaféAuLait;5479257 said:

The 'country' referenced the fact is it is a COUNTRY music sing. Read the entire quotes, and surrounding sentences. Greenwood is clever, he made a ton of $$$$ off his "pride" in being American, after skipping service. A TV commercial used this song also.

The Star Spangled Banner is our national anthem, America the Beautiful, and God Bless america traditional songs. I think This Land is Your Lshould be in the top tier, the copyright has expired.

I totally get that. Tell me why a country song should not be played in the City? That is what makes her statement funny, because it makes NO SENSE. I don't care if he served or not, he is praising all the troops who have died.

CaféAuLait;5479257 said:

so in your opinion, no one in the city should sing a country song?

are you this stupid in real life?

CaféAuLait;5479314 said:
CaféAuLait;5479257 said:

I totally get that. Tell me why a country song should not be played in the City? That is what makes her statement funny, because it makes NO SENSE. I don't care if he served or not, he is praising all the troops who have died.

Exactly. It's hysterical. I guess you can't play "city songs" in the country now either.:cuckoo:

CaféAuLait;5479314 said:

Exactly. It's hysterical. I guess you can't play "city songs" in the country now either.:cuckoo:

It's nothing more than an excuse and a not even a lame one, it's that stupid!

ETA to add:

Can't play Country songs in the City and you can't write songs about the troops unless you have served. Whose making up these rules?

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;5478839 said:
CaféAuLait;5478778 said:
You need to watch the video again the first man that starts shouting is directing his speech to the kids. "You all are going to burn in Hell" Burn in HELL".

No, he is making direct eye contact with the adult male in the back row in the off-white shirt.

ETA: You can see them exchanging words with each other at the beginning of the video.

One can't see "direct eye contact" in the video and I am quite sure the kids KNEW exactly who you claim he was speaking to. Not.

All you have to do is see the look on that one girl's face that he's standing right next to to know that SHE at least thinks he's aiming at her.

CaféAuLait;5479314 said:
CaféAuLait;5479257 said:

i once sang the 59th street bridge song on 7th avenue. :eek:

CaféAuLait;5479314 said:

i once sang the 59th street bridge song on 7th avenue. :eek:

LOL

I think you should be banned from 7th ave now, in fact all odd number streets. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: del
CaféAuLait;5479257 said:

Honest to goodness I can't believe what I'm reading here. Greenwood wasn't being "clever".

He's a singer songwriter and just so you know, the song was first released in 1984.

Other artists like Neil Young was with "Let's Roll" or Alan Jackson with "Where were you?" were deeply moved by 9/11.

They are artists for heaven's sake. And I don't begrudge them one penny of their fortunes. They share their souls with us and keep us entertained.

Even Beyonce did a cover of the song and her sales proceeds go to charities.

Here's a great quote from her:

2011: Beyoncé Knowles (originally recorded in 2008) released the single to the iTunes Store; the proceeds of which go to charity.

In a statement Knowles said, "I cannot think about anything more appropriate to do to help these families... Almost 10 years [after 9/11], it is still so painful for all Americans, especially those who lost loved ones. We were all affected by the tragedies of 9/11 and continue to keep the families who lost loved ones close to our hearts."

God Bless the USA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back