THE President Obama Education Speech Transcript

The T, I'm a teacher...you don't have to tell me that this should be coming from the parents. And in many cases, it isn't.

One of the things I most respected about Obama while he was running was the fact that he said on several occasions that he could raise teachers salaries, lower classroom size, give every kid a laptop, etc. etc....but unless parents made their kids put down the video game controller and do their homework...it wouldn't matter.

Unfortunately...its a whole lot easier to say that than it is to find some way to MAKE parents take an active interest in their child's education and to make them be responsible parents.

Obama's speech was nice...I don't actually think it will accomplish anything (other than the little controversy it stirred which gave us all something to talk about for a few days).

Being a teacher....how many other politicized "lesson plans" are sent to you directly through the Education Dept. pipelines....?

The T, I'm a teacher...you don't have to tell me that this should be coming from the parents. And in many cases, it isn't.

One of the things I most respected about Obama while he was running was the fact that he said on several occasions that he could raise teachers salaries, lower classroom size, give every kid a laptop, etc. etc....but unless parents made their kids put down the video game controller and do their homework...it wouldn't matter.

Unfortunately...its a whole lot easier to say that than it is to find some way to MAKE parents take an active interest in their child's education and to make them be responsible parents.

Obama's speech was nice...I don't actually think it will accomplish anything (other than the little controversy it stirred which gave us all something to talk about for a few days).
Gem, I'm a teacher too. I found the speech fine, though I don't think it was what he was going to deliver originally, at least based on the first lesson plans I saw.

They changed the lesson plans twice. My guess is the speech reflected that, chicken and egg like.

It's not the governments responsibility (read my taxes) to give every kid a laptop computer or any other type of computer.
Or anything else. There's alot to be said of personal responsibility as it relates to children and having them. If you aren't willing to support the children you have 100%? Then don't give birth to them, and don't above all come screaming to Government, via TAXPAYERS when you fall short.

Oh, yeah, like that's so easy.

Typical day in a mom's life:

Get up before everyone else and make lunches, breakfast, make sure everyone is up
Get kids to school and get to work on time, do 8 hours of work, pick up kids, be expected to have dinner on the table within the hour of arriving home, dishes, laundry, help with homework, (WHERE is the time for this QUALITY time again?)

Then once you get the kids in bed, if you're lucky enough to have a husband you gotta be sure his needs are met no matter what...

Now it's about 11 o'clock, (okay some added time for your own needs) and you're exhausted, and teachers seem to expect you to stay up until 2am checking out the curriculum?...yeah, right. (I did that, I think they regret it)

WE PAY TEACHERS to teach our children. Somehow it's our fault that even though they spend more waking hours with our kids than we do (seriously against our wishes but somebody has to work) it's our fault they're not learning?

Guess we should just go on welfare and home school.

I have seen no conservatives or Republicans make any argument even remotely along those lines.

Would you like me to introduce you to tha malcontent?

My friend, tha malcontent, had a problem with the speech that was prepared as spelled out in the OP (again tipping the cap to Bodey who got the link out there for us to peruse)? Really?

He might have had a problem with the prospect of THE speech before it got posted. Before it got posted the hub-bub had been about how far the President was willing to go to use the public school system to engage in his typical propagandizing.

It is believed that President Obama was compelled to change what he was GOING to say (and no, I don't actually have any concrete proof that he did). And that might mean that the ensuing hub-bub WORKED. Maybe.

But that's a pretty much different question than whether the malcontent had any real problems with the final version of THE speech as pre-released by the White House.

Limiting my comment to just THAT speech, I still say I see nothing offensive in it and I have difficulty believing that tha malcontent has a problem with the final version of that prepared written effort. If I'm wrong, please show me where tha malcontent criticized the merits of that final draft.

Last edited:
I have seen no conservatives or Republicans make any argument even remotely along those lines.

My friend, tha malcontent, had a problem with the speech that was prepared as spelled out in the OP (again tipping the cap to Bodey who got the link out there for us to peruse)? Really?

He might have had a problem with the prospect of THE speech before it got posted. Before it got posted the hub-bub had been about how far the President was willing to go to use the public school system to engage in his typical propagandizing.

It is believed that President Obama was compelled to change what he was GOING to say (and no, I don't actually have any concrete proof that he did). And that might mean that the ensuing hub-bub WORKED. Maybe.

But that's a pretty much different question than whether the malcontent had any real problems with the final version of THE speech as pre-released by the White House.

Limiting my comment to just THAT sppech, I still say I see nothing offensive in it and I have difficulty believing that tha malcontent has a problem with the final version of that prepared written effort. If I'm wrong, please show me where tha malcontent criticized the merits of that final draft.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/revie...speech-to-the-children-and-my-commentary.html

Limiting my comment to just THAT sppech, I still say I see nothing offensive in it and I have difficulty believing that tha malcontent has a problem with the final version of that prepared written effort. If I'm wrong, please show me where tha malcontent criticized the merits of that final draft.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/revie...speech-to-the-children-and-my-commentary.html

Thanks for the link. I had not seen that post. I see, now, what Xotoxi was referring to.

For what it's worth, yeah. I guess there may be some conservatives (I think I allowed-for room for some disagreement) who do not share my point of view on this one.

And that means that this is one of the instances where tha mal and I are not exactly on the same page.

A President exhorting school kids to accept responsibility and to work hard -- a bit of a rah-rah speech though it might be -- is HARDLY something I disagree with. SUBSTANTIVELY, tha malcontent may not disagree with what the President said, either. On a quick scanning of the mal's points, it appears that he is objecting to the manner in which the President chose to go about it and objecting to timing and issues of style. But on substance? I dunno. What is there to object to?

Thanks for the link. I had not seen that post. I see, now, what Xotoxi was referring to.

For what it's worth, yeah. I guess there may be some conservatives (I think I allowed-for room for some disagreement) who do not share my point of view on this one.

And that means that this is one of the instances where tha mal and I are not exactly on the same page.

A President exhorting school kids to accept responsibility and to work hard -- a bit of a rah-rah speech though it might be -- is HARDLY something I disagree with. SUBSTANTIVELY, tha malcontent may not disagree with what the President said, either. On a quick scanning of the mal's points, it appears that he is objecting to the manner in which the President chose to go about it and objecting to timing and issues of style. But on substance? I dunno. What is there to object to?

nothing, IMO.

yesterday was the first day of school here. as far as i can tell, no one in the local schools saw the speech in school.

obama's biography was on the required summer reading list, though. :lol:

Hingham school assignment of Obama biography riles parents - BostonHerald.com

Funny how some people on this thread claimed that conservatives or Obama haters are claiming this speech is a terrible thing, or imparting their own false claims about conservative action, when nothing of the sort was done on this thread.
Keep lying to yourselves, see where it gets you.

Not on this particular thread, but other threads on this site and Fox.

Fox is a hoot. I watched Laura Ingram, Michelle Malkin and Sean Hannity going nuts over this speech. Which is why I translated it into "Republicanese" at the beginning of the thread. After watching Laura and Michelle, I was amazed how close I was.

FOX said something, therefore it must be true? :cuckoo:

Thats as :cuckoo: as saying FOX said something therefore it must be a lie.

;).

nothing, IMO.

yesterday was the first day of school here. as far as i can tell, no one in the local schools saw the speech in school.

obama's biography was on the required summer reading list, though. :lol:

Hingham school assignment of Obama biography riles parents - BostonHerald.com
Yes, that was a local school issue.

I have seen some conservatives here (looking at you, for one, Plymco Pilgrim) who stated earlier OBAMA made reading his biography part of the 'lesson plan.'

That was never the case,

Thanks for clearing the record.

Not on this particular thread, but other threads on this site and Fox.

Fox is a hoot. I watched Laura Ingram, Michelle Malkin and Sean Hannity going nuts over this speech. Which is why I translated it into "Republicanese" at the beginning of the thread. After watching Laura and Michelle, I was amazed how close I was.

FOX said something, therefore it must be true? :cuckoo:

Thats as :cuckoo: as saying FOX said something therefore it must be a lie.

;).
well, going strictly with the odds....

Kids Reply to Obama: Stop Spending the Money we haven't even earned yet and don't kill our Gramps!

OBVIOUSLY you're NOT a listener. And that's OK. Your answer reflects it. Everything he says is backed UP by him.

You really need an education and stop relying on what others tell you to SAY of him. And as a matter of course? He is in the same camp as Ingraham, Boortz, Hannity, Levin, and others...but I suspect that you don't patronize them either and rather default to whatever you are told by whatever means.

And Limbaugh is Audited for accuracy.

Your choice. But I beg you to wake up before you find yourself wishing that you hadn't taken the stance that you are...(And I don't mean Limbaugh), but rather your OWN Liberty prescribed by the Government so proudly you hail.

Ahh yes, Limbaugh's famous "Audits". The ones that are "done by a complex computer program" that are so "complicated" that he "can't explain the process".

Yet I see you did not answer the question by providing us with an example of Rush's amazing prognostication skill.

Perhaps you meant when Rush predicted the Iraqi's would "welcome us as liberators with open arms" in 2003.

Last edited:
One underlying POINT here? Why isn't it coming from the PARENTS? Have some of you forgotten thisaspect of it? And WHY aren't some of you holding them responsible?

WHY does this word have to come from a POTUS that doesn't BELIVE A friggin' WORD of what he uttered today by his past actions? By his Associations?

Have you all gone MAD?

What point, specifically, in Mr Obama's speech would be contradicted by Mr Obama's past actions?

The speech was changed.

The lesson plan was ditched.

Another fail for Obama.

The bigger event is tomorrow night - but the Democrats are already scratching at each since returning to DC, so the president has his hands full trying to coordinate anything with this increasingly angry Democrat infighting...

There was one admitted minor change in the wording of the lesson plan, and it was documented.

Please feel free to provide proof of your fallacious statements.

I'm quite sure you will not be able to.

anything fox says is more of a lie than a truth you can see anyone who its not brainwash by the channel can tell fox is so much on republican side its not even funny.

Now have you parents are saying the speech was change the only thing we know what was change was "how could you help president obama"

Bithers still think he does not have a legal birth certificate.

If obama didn't give the speech repbulicans would cry wolf and say he should of show he cared for students.

Yet have of hte people in the usa jump on republican bandwagon without any proof of what was in the speech.

i know some local schools here said they wouldn't show it some switch there minds on Tuesday morning to show it.

anything fox says is more of a lie than a truth you can see anyone who its not brainwash by the channel can tell fox is so much on republican side its not even funny.

Now have you parents are saying the speech was change the only thing we know what was change was "how could you help president obama"

If obama didn't give the speech repbulicans would cry wolf and say he should of show he cared for students.

Yet have of hte people in the usa jump on republican bandwagon without any proof of what was in the speech.

i know some local schools here said they wouldn't show it some switch there minds on Tuesday morning to show it.

Not that you wouldn't end up babbling anyway. Clearly, you would. But, dude, seriously. It's called "punctuation." It makes it much easier for us, your would-be readers, to "get" whatever the hell it is you think you're trying to spew.

Not that you wouldn't end up babbling anyway. Clearly, you would. But, dude, seriously. It's called "punctuation." It makes it much easier for us, your would-be readers, to "get" whatever the hell it is you think you're trying to spew.

Unlike how repbulicans are trying to cause stuff or wait fox.... helping you i dont need help i know the truth and i know the bias from each channel.

msnbc- dem
fox-repulican
myfoxboston-local diffrent opioions in new enlgand
wmur news 9- local in state have there share of diffrent opioions
cnn- fair

Unlike how repbulicans are trying to cause stuff or wait fox.... helping you i dont need help i know the truth and i know the bias from each channel.

msnbc- dem
fox-repulican
myfoxboston-local diffrent opioions in new enlgand
wmur news 9- local in state have there share of diffrent opioions
cnn- fair

random wait i dunno what well sure but as then whatever FOX and also too to be it might not on the other and you hand it well it shouldnt but ... not need help and capitalizashun is for REPUBLICANS and wait FOX and i sure wish i knew how to yuz a dickshunary or maybe even what punctuation was for then dem and FOX repulican spelling opshunel and opionons are not what they seem too bee some are diffrent opioioioions somewhere in americuh and even in new enlgand

Forum List

Back