NYC Mayor Guarantees Comprehensive Health Care for All in Historic Surprise Announcement

If you thought the cost of living in NYC was expensive now, wait until the health care is "free"

New York City will begin guaranteeing comprehensive health care to every single resident regardless of someone's ability to pay or immigration status, an unprecedented plan that will protect the more than half-a-million New Yorkers currently using the ER as a primary provider, Mayor Bill de Blasio said.

It's not health insurance, his spokesman clarified after the surprise announcement on MSNBC Tuesday morning.

"This is the city paying for direct comprehensive care (not just ERs) for people who can't afford it, or can't get comprehensive Medicaid — including 300,000 undocumented New Yorkers," spokesman Eric Phillips tweeted.

NYC Guarantees Comprehensive Health Care for All
Very interesting post.

"There will be no tax hikes to fund it, the mayor said." NYC will pony up the at least 100 million to fund the program to cover 600,000. If I read that correctly, seems really cheap in preventative care maintenance instead of waiting til folks wind up in the ED. Hope it works.

hmmm I wonder if free healthcare will attract more illegal immigration?
immigrationTijuana-border.jpg

This is good news!

How is it good news when the middle class bails from N.Y. and low life bums flood the place for "free" medical care?
It's a recipe for disaster.
Why would the middle class bail?

They're already leaving due to high taxes.
So what do you think they'll do when they see the price tag on this moonbat plan?
How much will their taxes go up with this boondoggle?
California already rejected the same shit because of the cost,what makes you think this will be any different?

I swear you lefty's are some stupid MF's!!

And by the way, you'll now be seeing big cities all ran by Dims eventually following suit.

Think the founders ever envisioned in their wildest dreams that America would end up becoming a giant welfare state ?

God I hate you fucking bastard Dims.
The founders could not have envisioned an automobile

Well of course, however that doesn't have anything to do with what the basic foundations of this country.

If you thought the cost of living in NYC was expensive now, wait until the health care is "free"

New York City will begin guaranteeing comprehensive health care to every single resident regardless of someone's ability to pay or immigration status, an unprecedented plan that will protect the more than half-a-million New Yorkers currently using the ER as a primary provider, Mayor Bill de Blasio said.

It's not health insurance, his spokesman clarified after the surprise announcement on MSNBC Tuesday morning.

"This is the city paying for direct comprehensive care (not just ERs) for people who can't afford it, or can't get comprehensive Medicaid — including 300,000 undocumented New Yorkers," spokesman Eric Phillips tweeted.

Very interesting post.

"There will be no tax hikes to fund it, the mayor said." NYC will pony up the at least 100 million to fund the program to cover 600,000. If I read that correctly, seems really cheap in preventative care maintenance instead of waiting til folks wind up in the ED. Hope it works.

Is this like Obama money?

And by the way, you'll now be seeing big cities all ran by Dims eventually following suit.

Think the founders ever envisioned in their wildest dreams that America would end up becoming a giant welfare state ?

Benjamin franklin once said that if the people realize they can vote themselves money, it will be the end of the republic.
This is why they wanted a constitution with specific enumerated powers. Powers that get abused daily
Because bedwetters cant wipe their own ass.

Very interesting post.

"There will be no tax hikes to fund it, the mayor said." NYC will pony up the at least 100 million to fund the program to cover 600,000. I

Where is that $100 mil coming from? And when does a government program ever run within budget?

Gavin Newsome is promising the same thing. It will interesting to watch their "constituents" react when the cost hits them.

Gavin Newsome is promising the same thing. It will interesting to watch their "constituents" react when the cost hits them.

In addition, Newsome is welcoming illegals with open arms, but you know what, it's what Californians want.

The founders could not have envisioned an automobile

Well of course, however that doesn't have anything to do with what the basic foundations of this country.

Yup and you won't find the word charity in the constitution either.

Yup. I can see folks bailing out of Cali and NY as fast as they can load the vehicles.

Lefties sure are stupid.

Yup. I can see folks bailing out of Cali and NY as fast as they can load the vehicles.

Lefties sure are stupid.

I'd bail if my grandkids weren't here :(

Very interesting post.

"There will be no tax hikes to fund it, the mayor said." NYC will pony up the at least 100 million to fund the program to cover 600,000. I

Where is that $100 mil coming from? And when does a government program ever run within budget?
I'm not completely sure, but based on the link, seemed to me the mayor is expecting savings from preventative care instead of treating folks at the ED.

Very interesting post.

You tell me.

Very interesting post.

You tell me.

I just did.

Forum List

Back