NYC Man Reportedly Brain-Dead After Random, Possibly Racially Motivated, Attack

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
CBS News ^ | September 07, 2013

NYC man reportedly brain-dead after random, possibly racially motivated, attack - CBS News

A man allegedly went on a rampage in Union Square on Wednesday afternoon that left a complete stranger critically hurt, reports CBS New York.

Jeffrey Babbitt, a 62-year-old retired train conductor, was walking through the crowd near tables set up with chess boards when the suspect in the attack - 31-year-old Lashawn Marten - shouted a racial comment before hitting Babbitt in the head.

"He said 'The next white person who walks by, I'm going to [expletive],'" one female witness told WCBS-TV. "His fist went in and the man's head bobbed and he hit the ground and you could hear his skull hitting the ground."

The man continued his rampage before demanding to see police officers.

"He stood there and hit two more people and asked for the police to come," Michael Benson said.

Marten, who is apparently homeless, was watching people play chess in the park and reportedly complained that nobody wanted to play chess with him prior to the attack, according to 1010 WINS' Carol D'Auria.

Police are investigating the attack as a possible hate crime, according to NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly.

CBS News ^ | September 07, 2013

NYC man reportedly brain-dead after random, possibly racially motivated, attack - CBS News

A man allegedly went on a rampage in Union Square on Wednesday afternoon that left a complete stranger critically hurt, reports CBS New York.

Jeffrey Babbitt, a 62-year-old retired train conductor, was walking through the crowd near tables set up with chess boards when the suspect in the attack - 31-year-old Lashawn Marten - shouted a racial comment before hitting Babbitt in the head.

"He said 'The next white person who walks by, I'm going to [expletive],'" one female witness told WCBS-TV. "His fist went in and the man's head bobbed and he hit the ground and you could hear his skull hitting the ground."

The man continued his rampage before demanding to see police officers.

"He stood there and hit two more people and asked for the police to come," Michael Benson said.

Marten, who is apparently homeless, was watching people play chess in the park and reportedly complained that nobody wanted to play chess with him prior to the attack, according to 1010 WINS' Carol D'Auria.

Police are investigating the attack as a possible hate crime, according to NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly.

Of course, in NYC no one but the criminals are armed so no one could do anything to stop him.

Liberals probably think this is good because now he can have his organs harvested while pretending a black man didn't attack a white guy because he was white.

Each new generation of blacks are becoming more feral

It's too bad there wasn't someone with an AR in the crowd to zip that ******. Hell, a tazer would have worked. And why didn't passerby intervene? What a bunch of cowards.

any bets Obama will call THESE PEOPLE families?

this is what we get from the Al Sharpton's, the Rev. Jackson and our own President Obama and ALL YOU people who helped by making this Martin case into nothing more than National race baiting to STIR UP HATE...give yourselves a hand...bravo well done

You all have these peoples BLOOD and DEATH on your hands...shameful and getting damn scary and DANGEROUS

Last edited:
It's a mess, and there is not a good way to deal with it that doesn't shit on the constitution which leads to good blacks folks being locked up for trivial bullshit that only makes them feel more isolated.

It's too bad there wasn't someone with an AR in the crowd to zip that ******. Hell, a tazer would have worked. And why didn't passerby intervene? What a bunch of cowards.

your racism and hate is fucking disgusting.

careful, for karma is a bitch.

your racism and hate is fucking disgusting.

careful, for karma is a bitch.

I don't know what you're talking about. You can't handle the word "******" when it's deserved. It's the worst thing I could use describe a piece of murdering ghetto trash. I'd have absolutely blown the "******" away if I had the chance just like I'd have blown some trailer trash pounding on a black guy to pieces down in BFE. Get it? Is this making sense? I don't hate black people you dope, I just hate *******.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
well, the thug said he was going to punch the next white guy out.

Of course blacks are more important and a protected class within your mind.

Not at all, I just want to know if three 20 year old white men picking on a 14 year old black kid and his friends was racially motivated.

One punch.

"His 92 year old mother Hedda was by his side [at the hospital, where he was declared brain dead]. She shared a Sheepshead Bay apartment with her son. He was he primary care giver."

Not at all, I just want to know if three 20 year old white men picking on a 14 year old black kid and his friends was racially motivated.

Does it have anything to do with this incident?

This guy said "The next WHITE guy that walks by...".

Is THAT racially motivated regardless of your link?

Yes it is.

Both are wrong. The media and the system doesn't see it that way is my problem.

Did the tormentors say they were going to punch out the black kid that came by? Was the black kid rescued by a white guy who got beaten up himself?

There you go. Question answered.

Forum List

Back