NY Times: Obama Makes Visit to a Most Beloved Supporter

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
For the last 21 months, she has followed the odyssey of his presidential campaign like a spectator on a faraway balcony.

She underwent a corneal transplant to see him on television. She reluctantly agreed to film a political advertisement when he urgently needed to reassure voters about his distinctive American roots. She told him during one of their frequent telephone conversations that it might not hurt if he smiled a bit more.

Full story here

For the last 21 months, she has followed the odyssey of his presidential campaign like a spectator on a faraway balcony.

She underwent a corneal transplant to see him on television. She reluctantly agreed to film a political advertisement when he urgently needed to reassure voters about his distinctive American roots. She told him during one of their frequent telephone conversations that it might not hurt if he smiled a bit more.

Full story here

Paperboy, this is an astonishingly positive article you posted.

Thank you.

Let me tell you something, both of these guys off of the political battlefield are great guys. McCain adopted a little girl of ethnic origins and Obama is 100% a family man, taking two days off less than two weeks before the vote to visit his ailing grandmother.

This has been quite a political season.

With men like these running for President, I am proud to be an American.

:salute:

Yes, I think they are both men of good will. I strongly disagree with Obama's economic policies but I think he is a good man.

Paperboy, this is an astonishingly positive article you posted.

Thank you.

Let me tell you something, both of these guys off of the political battlefield are great guys. McCain adopted a little girl of ethnic origins and Obama is 100% a family man, taking two days off less than two weeks before the vote to visit his ailing grandmother.

:salute:

You, an American. My ass. Prove it.

bagley.jpg

Last edited:

With voters like you voting for President, it's no wonder we don't have the leadership we deserve. I'm sure they are both decent fellows. Obama seems bright and motivated, and I am supremely impressed by McCain's having undergone torture for his nation.

But man, you sound naieve. I must dissent. We aren't voting for neighbor, we're voting leader of the free world.

I do not think McCain's having adopted little brown kids qualifies him to be president. I do not think Obama's having a Kenyan father and a white mother qualifies him to be president.

Ideologically, both of these men are retarded. Obama is the most liberal member of the Senate, and wants to 'spread the wealth around.' McCain is a Democrat at heart but who wants '100 years of war' in the middle east. Both will grant amnesty to 30 million illegals, thus destroying the country.

Our choices for President suck.

With voters like you voting for President, it's no wonder we don't have the leadership we deserve. I'm sure they are both decent fellows. Obama seems bright and motivated, and I am supremely impressed by McCain's having undergone torture for his nation.

But man, you sound naieve. I must dissent. We aren't voting for neighbor, we're voting leader of the free world.

I do not think McCain's having adopted little brown kids qualifies him to be president. I do not think Obama's having a Kenyan father and a white mother qualifies him to be president.

Ideologically, both of these men are retarded. Obama is the most liberal member of the Senate, and wants to 'spread the wealth around.' McCain is a Democrat at heart but who wants '100 years of war' in the middle east. Both will grant amnesty to 30 million illegals, thus destroying the country.

Our choices for President suck.

Who would you vote for?

Forum List

Back