NY Post: The dark world of pro-wrestling: Suicide, murder and chronic pain

love this move...i prefer submission wrestling to pro wrestling

E-ae5ZYXIAUiX4u

I'm sorry, man. Enjoy. I know you. You know it is not real and want to enjoy the show. This is West Tennessee, I've seen real fights between people that think it is real and people saying their sport is fake.
I believe that. Its like when you stop believing in Santa Claus when you find out. When my kids were younger I took them to some sports. Baseball primarily. But they got more and more expensive for the entertainment value. Wrestling peaked during the mid1990's and early 21st Century for value to me.

I haven't been to a live performance in years because of what they're charging for tickets. It was at one time affordable entertainment for lower-income people. I am glad for the success '' pro rasslin'' is having now but for the money. I rather spend it elsewhere.

just bring back the attitude era!

This is the definition of a hack hit piece.

A girl tragically commits suicide.. well, it must be wrestling! Here's a few other wrestlers who have committed suicide.. so wrestling causes suicides!

I'm a trained pro wrestler who had a quick cup of coffee in local independent circuits before realizing it was a great occasional hobby but absolutely not worth the grind it takes to try to make a career out of it. I then just wrestled local until 2016 when I had my last match, I'm 39.

Wrestling outcomes are scripted.. but wrestling beats up your body, and it's very difficult to think quickly on your feet to produce a smooth, compelling wrestling match. It takes lots of experience. However, if you're the showman type, there's nothing like a good pop for your character or a great move/match you pull off.

As for bad fates of wrestlers.. if you consider the other factors, it was entirely predictable, as far as 70's, 80's, and 90's wrestling went. You had a group of people trying to make it big with all the incentive in the world to take massive amounts of steroids and painkillers to continue to work to not lose their spot and make the big bucks... which breeds an addiction, and often abuse and overuse. When Jesse Ventura tried to get the WWF wrestlers to unionize in the 80's, Hulk Hogan snitched him out to Vince McMahon.. that killed the movement. Wrestlers for the longest time had no medical coverage, no retirement, nothing. The entire culture was completely machismo, and you were a p*ssy if you took time off.

The only thing that could be relatable in this hit piece story are chair shots, but the fact that it was a few women wrestlers, benoit, and Kanyon don't correlate with people who have received the most chair shots. I mean, any group of people is going to have their share of suicides. But wrestling today is FAR cleaner, and the culture is more based on athletics than being a road warrior who hits the bars and uses drugs. So today's suicides probably have more to do with addictions to social media, which is proven to make people depressed.

Forum List

Back