NY Post: The dark world of pro-wrestling: Suicide, murder and chronic pain

just bring back the attitude era!

Did you ever really believe in "professional" wrestling? Never really been a sport. Always has been more of a choreographed square dance for stuntmen. Not really involving attitude so much as vaudevillian chutzpah, that they would expect to find an audience that bought in to the staged melodramas. Now they have added T & A to the mix.

Did you ever really believe in "professional" wrestling? Never really been a sport. Always has been more of a choreographed square dance for stuntmen. Not really involving attitude so much as vaudevillian chutzpah, that they would expect to find an audience that bought in to the staged melodramas. Now they have added T & A to the mix.

The outcomes are preset, and its a fake fight but the injuries are sometimes real. I suppose a certain amount of wear and tear, probably drug use as well.

I used to like the old WWF when I was 10

First, who is attracted to becoming a wrestler? A particular type, whatever that is. Second, the politics of trying to make it to the big time and the constant backroom negotiating and backstabbing to stay there. Third, the body pain, the rapid decline and subsequent lack of options outside that ring once the curtain comes down.

It's like boxing in many ways, a great deal of suffering for a short stint of stardom. I'd be more interested in knowing the few who DON'T make the big ticket. How do they fare?

In many cases potentially better as they relinquish their dreams quicker and at a younger age, giving them time to change course and find something meaningful in life.

The outcomes are preset, and its a fake fight but the injuries are sometimes real. I suppose a certain amount of wear and tear, probably drug use as well.

I used to like the old WWF when I was 10
We all watched when we were 10.

Why can’t you just enjoy it for what it is?

Too fake? It’s like watching a movie. That’s fake too unless you believe Batman really exists. LOL

You people take the fun out of everything
I'm sorry, man. Enjoy. I know you. You know it is not real and want to enjoy the show. This is West Tennessee, I've seen real fights between people that think it is real and people saying their sport is fake.

I'm sorry, man. Enjoy. I know you. You know it is not real and want to enjoy the show. This is West Tennessee, I've seen real fights between people that think it is real and people saying their sport is fake.
Anecdotal. Wrestling is fun if you understand it’s sports entertainment. Aka like watching a movie. You do not know me, LOL.

Anecdotal. Wrestling is fun if you understand it’s sports entertainment. Aka like watching a movie. You do not know me, LOL.
Not sports entertainment, just entertainment if you find that kind of thing entertaining, highly scripted with cheap plots, corny vendettas, and cheesy looking belts. Good theater it ain't, unless you are 10-13 years old. Also, it ain't what is used to be. That is why they had to bring in the T & A show to go with it. I got nothing against T & A, as I have slipped a few dollars in some garters and G-string over the years in multiple countries, but this is T & A masquerading bitch fights, which is strikes me as just vulgar, like something you see on YouTube in the ghettos.
No. I guess I don't know you if that's your bag.

Not sports entertainment, just entertainment if you find that kind of thing entertaining, highly scripted with cheap plots, corny vendettas, and cheesy looking belts. Good theater it ain't, unless you are 10-13 years old. Also, it ain't what is used to be. That is why they had to bring in the T & A show to go with it. I got nothing against T & A, as I have slipped a few dollars in some garters and G-string over the years in multiple countries, but this is T & A masquerading bitch fights, which is strikes me as just vulgar, like something you see on YouTube in the ghettos.
No. I guess I don't know you if that's your bag.
Again, it’s like watching a movie. They aren’t really fighting.

Their feats of strength and acrobatics can be amazing to see. They are athletes. Having been a fan since the 1960s I have seen some wild stuff including having a ''pro rassler'' tossed out of the ring and landing on me and I was in the third row. Even as a young boy I knew it was scripted and the winners were predetermined. But It was still fun screaming for the good guys and booing the bad guys. :cool:

Last edited:
Their feats of strength and acrobatics can be amazing to see. They are athletes. Having been a fan since the 1960s I have seen some wild stuff including having a ''pro rassler'' tossed out of the ring and landing on me and I was in the third row. Even as a young boy I knew it was scripted and the winners were predetermined. But It was still fun screaming for the good guys and booing the bad guys. :cool:
The suicide rate and death by violence are high among the performers. That young girl's death is sad.

Forum List

Back