NY, LA, Miami and 'Dirty Bomb' Threat

assume all you want. I disagree and believe that our actions speak louder than our words. I believe that American troops occupying a nation that is coming unglued with sectarian violence is a more powerful motivator than a floor speech by some old guy back in washington. I firmly believe that shock and awe is more motivating than american peaceniks in their thursday night vigils. I firmly believe that the photgraphs of abu ghraib are more powerful than anything any democrat said about them... but surprise surprise. We are on the opposite side of an issue.

Do you think people who are safe and happy and employed and educated can be fanaticized? Maybe some, but not in great numbers.

Now, ask yourself what truly fanaticizes people who are angry, uneducated or undereducated, trained in fanatic madrassas, or who see their families living in danger, poverty and surrounded by an occupying army.

a) a news report that tells the truth about lack of support for the decisions of a particular administration (which has about 500 or so more days to go, anyway); or

b) continuing an occupation

You want the enemy to win... destroy freedom of speech, democracy and the other values that this country was founded on. My noting the the incompetence of the administration and wanting intelligent decisions made about the timing of bringing our troops home isn't going to embolden anyone.

Why am I even replying to someone so ill-informed?

You seem to think that Islamic extremism is something that just cam into existence with the election of G. Bush and the start of the Iraq war....
You can't be serious in thinking these fanatics are not educated and are just poor folks,.....living in danger?
.....Ahhh...why bother...

the biggest recruiting boon for AQ is the fact that we are occupying an arab country... democratic political rhetoric is relatively meaningless to the young disaffected youth joining AQ today. They are joining because it's a great time to be killin' Americans and spilling their blood on arab soil.

the fact that we were so completely and irrationally obsessed with Iraq to the point that our real enemies were able to hold and outdoor televised public graduation ceremony for 300 mujahadeen wannabe suicide bombers in Afghanistan -

where our real enemies have been since we gave up looking for them to run off and invade Iraq

Are you getting stupid to actually believe that rhetoric or just having a bad day?

....THAT is way more motivating to young arabs just itching to blow themselves up and take a bunch of infidel invading Americans with them than any flowery political rhetoric back inside the washington debating society. Our actions speak much louder than our words.

And it is our actions - and not our words - that incenses young arabs and muslims to want to die killing us.

-----

assume all you want. I disagree and believe that our actions speak louder than our words. I believe that American troops occupying a nation that is coming unglued with sectarian violence is a more powerful motivator than a floor speech by some old guy back in washington. I firmly believe that shock and awe is more motivating than american peaceniks in their thursday night vigils. I firmly believe that the photgraphs of abu ghraib are more powerful than anything any democrat said about them... but surprise surprise. We are on the opposite side of an issue.

Yeah, photgraphs of abu ghraib were pretty powerful , and democrat rhetoric made them even more powerful...they didn't even have to make up captions for the pics to be used...we did the work for them.

Believe what you want...
Are you just comparing degrees of motivation for the enemy?, if not....

It would then follow that the peace movement didn't embolden the VC in the that war too....

despite the VC leaders admitting that exact opposite...they said so themselves.
They were embolden, they viewed the 'peaceniks' as allies....

but then, you've a right to your own view...naive as it is....
we all have our opinions, right

Yeah, photgraphs of abu ghraib were pretty powerful , and democrat rhetoric made them even more powerful...they didn't even have to make up captions for the pics to be used...we did the work for them.

Believe what you want...
Are you just comparing degrees of motivation for the enemy?, if not....

It would then follow that the peace movement didn't embolden the VC in the that war too....

despite the VC leaders admitting that exact opposite...they said so themselves.
They were embolden, they viewed the 'peaceniks' as allies....

but then, you've a right to your own view...naive as it is....
we all have our opinions, right

typical to change the subject. We aren't talking about Vietnam now, are we?

and if you think that anyone in the arab world gave a FUCK what any democrat had to say about Abu Ghraib...if you think they waited to hear what democrats had to say about it before they started seeing red, then you, sir, are truly fucking deluded and soaked with RNC koolaid.

typical to change the subject. We aren't talking about Vietnam now, are we?

and if you think that anyone in the arab world gave a FUCK what any democrat had to say about Abu Ghraib...if you think they waited to hear what democrats had to say about it before they started seeing red, then you, sir, are truly fucking deluded and soaked with RNC koolaid.

Of course not, clown....YOU mentioned the peaceniks and their vigils...and about the affects the peaceniks have on the enemy....they obviously emboldem the enemy, as in Nam or any other war in which a country's own citizens speak against the war, or against the actions of its own troops or its leaders say we have lost....this is just more fuel to keep the enemy engines running....as it has been throughout history.....

They didn't have to wait for the Dims remarks to react, but it sure must have made any adverse reaction seem that much more legitimate to them, it was exactly what they themselves believed.......that they were in perfect agreement with them....

They know they have an ally in America...the Dims....

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
why would American outrage at the actions at Abu Ghraib make muslims more angry at us? that doesn't make any sense.

“There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein’s regime is a serious danger, that he is a tyrant, and that his pursuit of lethal weapons of mass destruction cannot be tolerated. He must be disarmed.”—Ted Kennedy, Sept 27, 2002

why would American outrage at the actions at Abu Ghraib make muslims more angry at us? that doesn't make any sense.

Thats not what I said....American reaction and the Admins. reaction were justified....that those responsible will be dealt with....
But that wasn't the end of the matter by a long shot....the rhetoric from Dims went on for months, going so far as to call the troops at Gitmo, Nazis, etc.

After all, there was political points to be made, and Bush bashing to be done, in the media, in the Congress, anywhere and everywhere.....at the expense of the troops ..... those Gitmo troops must just love Durbin, huh?
Yeah...give the enemy lawyers, and Constitutional protection...

I know the Mulsims must have loved him....he was giving them a voice that they didn't have, for the American public to hear...

Thats not what I said....American reaction and the Admins. reaction were justified....that those responsible will be dealt with....
But that wasn't the end of the matter by a long shot....the rhetoric from Dims went on for months, going so far as to call the troops at Gitmo, Nazis, etc.

here is what you said about the Abu Ghraib fiasco in the larger discussion of what motivates our enemies:

"They didn't have to wait for the Dims remarks to react, but it sure must have made any adverse reaction seem that much more legitimate to them, it was exactly what they themselves believed.......that they were in perfect agreement with them...."

and I ask you again, why would it further enrage and motivate our enemies to attack us when they hear American leaders denounce such treatment of arabs and muslims?

Forum List

Back