NY, LA, Miami and 'Dirty Bomb' Threat

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I couldn't find a post about this from the last few days, though CNN was making a big deal out of it yesterday.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3436274,00.html

From a more reliable site than Debka, along with concerns. Lots of links:

http://billroggio.com/archives/2007/08/pakistan_concern_ove.php

2. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    I agree with Obama that if Pakistan cannot erase Al qaeda and the Taliban from the Northwest Frontire Province then we are going to have to do it. Otherwise, the area will become (or has become) another pre 2001 Afghanistan.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Concur. The larger issue though is the threat to US. Real or not?

4. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    Yes and that entails the safety of the Pakistani nuclear arsenal. The possibility that Islamic extremists might get control of those weapons is what makes Pakistan by far the most dangerous country on Earth. We have the Chinese, and their hatred of the Indians, to thank for Pakistani nukes.

5. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    I believe there is a very real threat of the terrorists' using nuclear weapons against the U.S. Recently it was reported that 7 U.S. cities have been targeted to be hit all at once by Al Quada. In addition to N.Y., L.A., and Miami, the others are Las Vegas, Houston, Washington, D.C., Chicago. One writer wrote about the devastating results to this country if Houston was hit. Now multiply that 6 times over. Their goal is to ruin the U.S. financially.

6. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,931
    There is nothing to worry about. Have you not been paying attention? Just ask any Liberal and they can explain to you that those stories are just hoaxes put out by the evil Bush in his bid to declare martial law and become our Emperor.

Just as Saddam Hussein never used chemical and biological weapons, the peace loving, friendly Arab "terrorists" are no threat to us. Why if we would just leave them alone this would all blow over.

7. Ruby

Ruby Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32

I havent heard liberals claim saddam didnt use chemical and biological weapons, I just hear war supporters/bush supporters denials even in the face of proof that we are one of the western nations who SUPPLIED THEM. Reagan even removed him from the terrorist list so we could provide MORE help to him.

Bad things CAN happen, anywhere, anytime....I didnt need the Bush admin to tell me that. Its the fear mongering and pretending that fact is more important today than it was every other day or that we can actually CHANGE that fact by going out and invading other nations and producing mass death and suffering for millions of human beings.

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    So since "bad" things can happen anywhere, anytime the obvious answer is to ignore it ? I'm glad you willing to at least concede that MANY other countries have supplied wackos in the middle east with weapons.

9. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,931
    The US did NOT sell Hussein any chemical or biological weapons. This has got to be the oldest tiredest lie out there. But it goes hand and glove with your earlier claim we supplied weapons and armaments to Iraq. Right up there with non existant claim that Bush said Iraq was an Imminent Threat. Or that the War on Terror would be over tomorrow. And the one I really like is the ignorant chant of how Bush claimed Hussein was part of the 9/11 attack.

You nut jobs are batting a thousand in the lies and misinformation category.

10. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,931
    What I really like is the claim that a few small dishes of medical supplies sold to Iraq were chemical weapons IN THE 80's, but when found after the Invasion in 2003, they were nothing important at all.