NY AG says she may seize Trump's buildings if he can't pay his $354M civil fraud fine

Oh my! Can't move the buildings, can't hide them. Take away the visible fruits of his crime...sounds like justice, to me~

Four days after a judge ordered former President Donald Trump to pay $354 million in his civil fraud case, New York Attorney General Letitia James told ABC News that she is prepared to seize the former president's assets if he is unable to find the cash to cover the fine.
"If he does not have funds to pay off the judgment, then we will seek judgment enforcement mechanisms in court, and we will ask the judge to seize his assets," James said in an interview with ABC News' Aaron Katersky.
Trump was fined $354.8 million plus approximately $100 million in pre-judgment interest on Friday after Judge Arthur Engoron determined that he inflated his net worth in order get more favorable loan terms.
The former president has denied all wrongdoing and has said he will appeal.
Saying that she was "very confident" with the strength of her case on appeal, James reiterated that her office would not hesitate to seize Trump's assets -- mentioning Trump's 40 Wall Street skyscraper by name -- if the former president is unable to find the cash to cover the court-ordered disgorgement.

"We are prepared to make sure that the judgment is paid to New Yorkers, and yes, I look at 40 Wall Street each and every day," James said of the standard court process for collecting judgments in civil cases.

carville trump.jpg

"Conservatives LOVE Fascism, until it’s directed at them"

Fixed it for ya.

Which side sends the Federal police after their political "enemies"?

Which side uses the Court to persecute their political enemies and seize their assets?

Right, look in the mirror

Which side sends the Federal police after their political "enemies"?

Which side uses the Court to persecute their political enemies and seize their assets?

Right, look in the mirror
tRump was not prosecuted because of his politics. He broke the law. The pending prosecutions are for other broken laws.

tRump did, however, send unbadged federal agents to abduct folks right off the street in various places because they were making him look bad, and James Comer has been conspiring with a russian agent to "get" Joe Biden.

So out here in reality it's your side who is doing those things.

Oh my! Can't move the buildings, can't hide them. Take away the visible fruits of his crime...sounds like justice, to me~

Four days after a judge ordered former President Donald Trump to pay $354 million in his civil fraud case, New York Attorney General Letitia James told ABC News that she is prepared to seize the former president's assets if he is unable to find the cash to cover the fine.
"If he does not have funds to pay off the judgment, then we will seek judgment enforcement mechanisms in court, and we will ask the judge to seize his assets," James said in an interview with ABC News' Aaron Katersky.
Trump was fined $354.8 million plus approximately $100 million in pre-judgment interest on Friday after Judge Arthur Engoron determined that he inflated his net worth in order get more favorable loan terms.
The former president has denied all wrongdoing and has said he will appeal.
Saying that she was "very confident" with the strength of her case on appeal, James reiterated that her office would not hesitate to seize Trump's assets -- mentioning Trump's 40 Wall Street skyscraper by name -- if the former president is unable to find the cash to cover the court-ordered disgorgement.

"We are prepared to make sure that the judgment is paid to New Yorkers, and yes, I look at 40 Wall Street each and every day," James said of the standard court process for collecting judgments in civil cases.
No bigger threat to America and Americans then the Democrats.

You and the rest of the Marxists cheering this sham trial manufactured by the Democrats and their operatives in New York. Actually Stalinists would be more appropriate in the context of this case, my mistake.
Ah, it's all in your imaginations then.

Thanks for clearing that up.

You're dealing with straight up communists, really.

That whole case against him, as well as the ruling, was Stalinist in nature.

Businesses would do well to take heed to how they operate in New York.
Exactly how business people think. Without the need of a victim, everyone is a criminal.

You and the rest of the Marxists cheering this sham trial manufactured by the Democrats and their operatives in New York. Actually Stalinists would be more appropriate in the context of this case, my mistake.
Haha, and you don't know what the word Marxist means

You people

Forum List

Back