NY 26th Race is Called for Hochul

Thanks, Ryan.

Goes to show how ignorant the folks in New York are.

Hardly.

People seem to be well educated on Ryan's Medicare plan and they realize it would cost grandma more money than she could afford.

Critics fear that in its zeal to ease the burden on taxpayers, the Ryan plan would make Medicare-equivalent health care unaffordable for many, if not most seniors. Under the plan, the value of government payments would be capped at the rate of growth of the Consumer Price Index. If medical costs continued to grow faster than the CPI, as they have in the past, more and more of the financial burden of health care would be shifted over time to beneficiaries. A study from the Center for Economic and Policy Research, using assumptions from the Congressional Budget Office, claims that by 2022, a senior citizen at the median income would have to pay 35 percent of that income to obtain coverage equivalent to Medicare, with the figure rising to 68 percent by 2050.

EconoMonitor : Ed Dolan's Econ Blog » What Can We Learn About the Ryan Medicare Plan from the German Experience?

As most Seniors are on a fixed income, their expendable income would drop drastically thanks to their increased contribution for their health care insurance under the Ryan plan. Most Seniors rely heavily on Social Security for their income and like Ryan's plan, it also uses the CPI for annual increases in payouts. So as health care costs increase by three to four times the CPI, Seniors income increases at a much smaller rate that than the growth of health care cost .
It's no surprise that 80% of the population is against Ryan's plan as it clearly does throw grandma off the cliff.
So people are ignorant because they are against Ryan's plan? They'd be ignorant to be for Ryan's plan as their own survival would be in jeopardy.
Medicare certainly does need to be reformed but at the same time the outrageous rises in the cost of health care also need to be addressed. Medicare wouldn't be in the state it is today if health care costs wouldn't be rising at the rate it has been rising the last twenty years.

The Business Roundtable report, prepared by the consultants Hewitt Associates (HEW), highlighted how critical an overhaul of the current health-care system is to the nation's businesses, even while recent polls show waning public enthusiasm for an overhaul. "Maintaining the status quo is simply not an option," Eastman Kodak (EK) CEO Antonio Perez said in presenting the report. "The costs are unsustainable and would put millions of workers at risk."

Skyrocketing Employer Health-Insurance Premiums - BusinessWeek

In other words, health care cost basically need to be addressed NOW, it would be good for American businesses as well reforming Medicare and getting a better handle on this nation's debt.

Last edited:
I think this has more to do with there being a third party candidate in the race who performed fairly well than it does with Paul Ryan's budget plan, but those who oppose Ryan's plan will certainly spin it that way.

Yeah, tell yourself anything. I guess it makes it easier going down.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

The cuts were going to expire huh?

doing noithing meant a tax raise huh?

EXTENDING the preivious bill is then a tax cut.

The effect of which in less money in the gov coffers to pay the bills.

Pretending they dont have to pay money that they would have had to pay is just how
dishonest your party has become

No its not a tax cut or a raise. It all stays the same. Jeeze your dense.

Just goes to show that the Clowns in DC should never count money till its in their greedy little hands.

As I recall the Dems and Obama, with their majority, extended the tax cuts. Perhaps you should take your ire out on them. Oh wait. I forgot its Dems.

Never mind.

Oh so when your team forces a compromise its the dems fault for the compromise?

So when do you people take responsibility for what you force on the nation?

NEVER

Bush-Era Tax Cuts Projected As Largest Contributor To Public Debt [CHART]

If the Bush-era tax cuts are renewed next year, that policy will by 2019 be the single largest contributor to the nation's public debt -- "the sum of annual budget deficits, minus annual surpluses" -- according to new analysis from the non-partisan Center for Budget and Policy Priorities.

These tax breaks, combined with the cost of fighting wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, will account for nearly half the public debt in 2019, measured as a percentage of economic output, the CBPP's analysis shows. Even the cost of the economic downturn, combined with the cost of the legislation passed to stem the damage, won't be as burdensome as the weight of the Bush-era tax cuts, the chart below suggests. See if you can find the debt associated with the Trouble Asset Relief Program and the rescue of Fannie and Freddie:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

The cuts were going to expire huh?

doing noithing meant a tax raise huh?

EXTENDING the preivious bill is then a tax cut.

The effect of which in less money in the gov coffers to pay the bills.

Pretending they dont have to pay money that they would have had to pay is just how
dishonest your party has become

No its not a tax cut or a raise. It all stays the same. Jeeze your dense.

Just goes to show that the Clowns in DC should never count money till its in their greedy little hands.

As I recall the Dems and Obama, with their majority, extended the tax cuts. Perhaps you should take your ire out on them. Oh wait. I forgot its Dems.

Never mind.

Oh so when your team forces a compromise its the dems fault for the compromise?

So when do you people take responsibility for what you force on the nation?

NEVER

The Dems could have refused the compromise but they didn't. The ball was in their court and they blinked.

So whose responsibility is it in the end there TDM??

So how did they "blink" ?

Out line the progress of the bill to show how what you claim is true.

Ryan wants to save Medicare, Obama wants to put a panel of unelected bearcats n charge of who lives or dies ,who deserves what care, tyranny and the libs love it.

Death Panels Crop Up Again as Obama Mentions IPAB in Medicare

The issue of death panels is cropping up again as President Barack Obama and members of Congress consider competing plans to budget the federal government and to curb spending, the debt and deficit.

Last week, President Barack Obama put the issue of death panels back on the table with a speech highlighting his desire to cut health care costs by giving more power to the Independent Physicians Advisory Board (IPAB), which is an unelected 15-member panel appointed solely by the president. IPAB has been a sore spot with opponents of Obamacare and pro-life advocates since the health care debate began in earnest in 2009.

They are concerned that, if the IPAB is anything like the Oregon model on which it is based, government health-care programs could effectively out private options and make it so the bureaucratic decision-makers in the government-run program are the final arbiters of who receives which treatments. If that happens, patients would have serious concerns about rationing of health care. Those concerns were so real that 72 Democratic House members joined Republicans last year in seeking the removal of the IPAB from the Obamacare legislation.

With the debate over the IPAB renewing, several conservative commentators have focused on the potential problems.

Stanley Kurtz, a columnist at National Review, examined the issue this way:

Democrats and Republicans are joining to oppose one of the most important features of President Obama’s new deficit reduction plan, a powerful independent board that could make sweeping cuts in the growth of Medicare spending. Obama wants to expand the power of the 15-member panel to rein in Medicare costs.

But not only do Republicans and some Democrats oppose increasing the power of the board, they also want to eliminate it altogether. Opponents fear that the panel, known as the Independent Payment Advisory Board, would usurp Congressional spending power over one of the government’s most important and expensive social programs.

Death Panels Crop Up Again as Obama Mentions IPAB in Medicare | LifeNews.com

Who do you think decides what gets paid for when you have a private for profit insurance plan?

Ryan wants to save Medicare, Obama wants to put a panel of unelected bearcats n charge of who lives or dies ,who deserves what care, tyranny and the libs love it.

The issue of death panels is cropping up again as President Barack Obama and members of Congress consider competing plans to budget the federal government and to curb spending, the debt and deficit.

Last week, President Barack Obama put the issue of death panels back on the table with a speech highlighting his desire to cut health care costs by giving more power to the Independent Physicians Advisory Board (IPAB), which is an unelected 15-member panel appointed solely by the president. IPAB has been a sore spot with opponents of Obamacare and pro-life advocates since the health care debate began in earnest in 2009.

They are concerned that, if the IPAB is anything like the Oregon model on which it is based, government health-care programs could effectively out private options and make it so the bureaucratic decision-makers in the government-run program are the final arbiters of who receives which treatments. If that happens, patients would have serious concerns about rationing of health care. Those concerns were so real that 72 Democratic House members joined Republicans last year in seeking the removal of the IPAB from the Obamacare legislation.

With the debate over the IPAB renewing, several conservative commentators have focused on the potential problems.

Democrats and Republicans are joining to oppose one of the most important features of President Obama’s new deficit reduction plan, a powerful independent board that could make sweeping cuts in the growth of Medicare spending. Obama wants to expand the power of the 15-member panel to rein in Medicare costs.

But not only do Republicans and some Democrats oppose increasing the power of the board, they also want to eliminate it altogether. Opponents fear that the panel, known as the Independent Payment Advisory Board, would usurp Congressional spending power over one of the government’s most important and expensive social programs.

Who do you think decides what gets paid for when you have a private for profit insurance plan?

Don't expect an intelligent answer....if you get anything at all.

How much of an effect does a Rep win in any district in NY have??

I'm thinking not to much as the majority of the State is Dem.

The Dems have done such a great job of running NY. Must be why they are 20 billion in debt.

NYS passed a balanced budget on 3/31 that eliminated a 10 billion dollar deficit.

:lol:

http://www.osc.state.ny.us/finance/finreports/cash/monthly/april11.pdf

I passed for 5000 yards...in my sleep, yea baby...

That's fascinating. Now prove you haven't once again wasted my time by showing us where any of that document, dated April 2011,

has anything to do with the budget I referenced,

for FY 2012.

I think this has more to do with there being a third party candidate in the race who performed fairly well than it does with Paul Ryan's budget plan, but those who oppose Ryan's plan will certainly spin it that way.

It has a lot to do with the demogoguary from the evil left. Absurd campaign videos of Paul Ryan pushing grandma over the cliff. It's a shame the demonRats would rather sink the country than tell the truth. Anti American fuckers.

Why do Democrats need a simulated video of Ryan, when they have slime balls like GOP Rep. Rob Woodall.

At the intersection of candor, callousness, and conservatism

When President Obama criticizes the Republican plan to end Medicare, he has some pretty standard rhetoric.

“It’s a vision that says America can’t afford to keep the promise we’ve made to care for our seniors,” Obama has said more than once. “It says that 10 years from now, if you’re a 65-year-old who’s eligible for Medicare, you should have to pay nearly $6,400 more than you would today. It says instead of guaranteed health care, you will get a voucher. And if that voucher isn’t worth enough to buy the insurance that’s available in the open marketplace, well, tough luck — you’re on your own.”

What’s interesting, though, is when congressional Republican effectively respond, “Damn straight.”

In general, GOP officials like to keep up a certain pretense. They’re not “ending” Medicare; they’re “saving” Medicare. They don’t want to screw over the elderly; they want to give seniors “choices.”

It’s so much more refreshing when Republicans just say what they believe.

Rep. Rob Woodall, a Georgia Republican, made a vigorous ideological defense of ending Medicare as it currently exists, telling seniors at a local town hall that they ought not look to the government to provide health care for the elderly just because their private employer doesn’t offer health benefits for retirees.

A Woodall constituent raised a practical obstacle to obtaining coverage in the private market within the confines of an employer-based health insurance system: What happens when you retire?

“The private corporation that I retired from does not give medical benefits to retirees,” the woman told the congressman in video captured a local Patch reporter in Dacula, Ga.

“Hear yourself, ma’am. Hear yourself,” Woodall told the woman. “You want the government to take care of you, because your employer decided not to take care of you. My question is, ‘When do I decide I’m going to take care of me?’”

At the same event, when another constituent suggested the voucher may be inadequate in covering growing health care costs, Woodall suggested she leave the United States to go to one of the other industrialized countries that offer coverage for everyone.

"If you want a socialized health care program, there are lots of places to find that," he said.

More
What a cold ass Woodall is. Thanks to this kind of behavior, Democrats will win control of both houses again next year.

It has a lot to do with the demogoguary from the evil left. Absurd campaign videos of Paul Ryan pushing grandma over the cliff. It's a shame the demonRats would rather sink the country than tell the truth. Anti American fuckers.

Sort of reminds you of the lies that the far right spread about the HC plan, huh? You know, Palin's death squads and all. Only this time, it isn't lies.

It's a shame the demonRats would rather sink the country than tell the truth. Anti American fuckers.
See the first quote in my sig!

There you go again, trying to pass off your MessiahRushie as a Democrat. He was hoping all hard working average Americans would SUFFER the loss of their jobs just so the GOP could get their power back and finish destroying this great country. America hating fuckers.

November 5, 2008
RUSH: I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

October 31, 2008
RUSH: Joe the Plumber. Now, Joe the Plumber is an average citizen

the people I employ to make those decisions via contract......take some time to think about that, see ya in a year or so when you figure it out.

NYS passed a balanced budget on 3/31 that eliminated a 10 billion dollar deficit.

That's fascinating. Now prove you haven't once again wasted my time by showing us where any of that document, dated April 2011,

for FY 2012.

exactly....:rolleyes:

for FY 2012.

Stunned silence.

that's what I thought.

for FY 2012.

Stunned silence.

that's what I thought.

I answered, I cannot help it if simple nuance is beyond your pay-grade....construct a strawman, thats your usual out when you are speechless.

Forum List

Back