Number of guns in society falling sharply

The thing is, the folks at the Alamo didn't "commit suicide". They were straight up murdered because Santa Ana didn't treat them like prisoners of war. Not that this was a bad thing, they were assholes.

So it's not even a good comparison.

They knew what was in store, they knew what they were in for, and they fought to the death - in 'da West.'

Go ahead, keep proving yourself wrong, asshole. Btw, your fundamental hatred for America is NOT a 'Get out of Being Completely Fucking Wrong' card, so stop trying to play it like one. You're an ignorant bigot and the best thing you could do for yourself now is to STFU and go find another argument, but as I noted, you lack the character and intelligence to do so.

Yawn, guy, you really need to see someone about your anger management. Most people avoid talking to you because you have serious problems.

If you think any of these ham-handed attempts at distraction are working, you are mistaken - AGAIN. If you had even a shred of character you'd admit you were COMPLETELY wrong and then move on, but of course you don't.

That could be - I haven't looked at the issue at all, but if so, it would match the spike in UK homicide rates.

I don't know why that spike occurred in either case (possibly as a result of a surge in salesbefore the ban took effect?), but what is clear is that it was a short-term spike, followed by a steady fall in numbers.

The result being that the UK and Australia have less suicides now than before the legislation was passed.

Guns were NOT grandfathered in the UK. You had to render them inoperative or turn them over to the authorities. The reason why the homicide rate spiked is because not only did the means to defend oneself no longer exist but if you took a weapon away from a bad guy and used it on him, you would be charged with murder as has happened on more than one occasion.

Again, the UK had 600 murders last year and we had 15,000.

I find it hilarous you are even trying to make this argument.

The vast majority of the murders committed in this country are black on black/Hispanic on Hispanic GANG RELATED. Funny how you ignore that!

Twit.

Frankly, you're like a crazy person, so whatever you are discussing is dependent on what drugs haven't kicked in yet.

How many logical fallacies are you going to throw out in a vain attempt to cover your shameful retreat, loser?

There's no retreat here at all, guy.

One of the Whacks said that Japan had 4 times the suicides the US had, when in fact, they had less in raw numbers, a little more in per capita numbers, and of course, a society where suicide is considered sort of acceptable.
Not a little more, asshole. 1.8 times. Nearly TWICE.

Last edited:
That could be - I haven't looked at the issue at all, but if so, it would match the spike in UK homicide rates.

I don't know why that spike occurred in either case (possibly as a result of a surge in salesbefore the ban took effect?), but what is clear is that it was a short-term spike, followed by a steady fall in numbers.

The result being that the UK and Australia have less suicides now than before the legislation was passed.

Guns were NOT grandfathered in the UK. You had to render them inoperative or turn them over to the authorities. The reason why the homicide rate spiked is because not only did the means to defend oneself no longer exist but if you took a weapon away from a bad guy and used it on him, you would be charged with murder as has happened on more than one occasion.

Again, the UK had 600 murders last year and we had 15,000.

I find it hilarous you are even trying to make this argument.

The U.K.'s homicide rate is almost EXACTLY what is was before all handguns were banned.

_61680099_homicides624x419.gif

That's the point.

The homicide rate increased after handguns were banned, even after excluding the cited deaths.

They have just recently returned to pre-ban levels.

Now look at the U.S.

Homicides-1900-2010-2.jpg

We are also experiencing a near all time low in homicides.

Last edited:

To the left, "Victims rights" means you have the right to be a victim.

The thing is, the folks at the Alamo didn't "commit suicide". They were straight up murdered because Santa Ana didn't treat them like prisoners of war. Not that this was a bad thing, they were assholes.

So it's not even a good comparison.

You're a plant, aren't you?

You've paid by a right wing group to be so outrageous that you discredit the left, aren't you?

You do a great job.

How many logical fallacies are you going to throw out in a vain attempt to cover your shameful retreat, loser?

One of the Whacks said that Japan had 4 times the suicides the US had, when in fact, they had less in raw numbers, a little more in per capita numbers, and of course, a society where suicide is considered sort of acceptable.

No, it was a lot less than that from the CREDIBLE numbers.

But you really have to sift the numbers to find ones that favor you.

And, regardless of their cultural beliefs, and following the fact that Japan has very few guns, DEMONSTRATE THAT GUNS DO NOT CAUSE SUICIDE.

You fucking liar.

No one ever said they caused sucides.

They just make suicides easier, by virtue of the fact we had 19,000 gun suicides last year.

Of course they make suicide easier since they are designed to be lethal.

Ban all guns and you will get 25,000 up from 19,000.

Joe, reading your posts makes me wish this message board had, beside the like button, a big ole red 'fuck you' button too.

Sure thing buddy. We use numbers from criminologists and the various countries DOJ's and you use numbers from an anti gun organization. Credibility is one thing you truly lack.

Joe, reading your posts makes me wish this message board had, beside the like button, a big ole red 'fuck you' button too.

There are some members you should be able to neg as often as you wish, aren't there?

And, regardless of their cultural beliefs, and following the fact that Japan has very few guns, DEMONSTRATE THAT GUNS DO NOT CAUSE SUICIDE.

You fucking liar.

No one ever said they caused sucides.

They just make suicides easier, by virtue of the fact we had 19,000 gun suicides last year.

Of course they make suicide easier since they are designed to be lethal.

Ban all guns and you will get 25,000 up from 19,000.

Not sure where you get that math.

You take away guns, some people simply won't kill themselves. Some will try other methods and fail because those other methods are harder or easier to stop.

When ovens were redesigned to make it harder to stick your head in an oven, the number of suicides dropped by a third in the UK.

I'm sure you do. But that's the problem with you crazies....

You cling to your guns and the bible and try to ignore reality.

I'm sure you do. But that's the problem with you crazies....

You cling to your guns and the bible and try to ignore reality.

:rolleyes: oh brother

Forum List

Back