Nukes???

Comrade said:
Again, we're talking about six feet of concrete. And whatever minor amount of heat or radiation from such a core is dispersed in all directions, and any heat or radiation would not only have to penetrate the concrete but also travel all the way to space. I just don't believe it's possible with our technology.

Otherwise we would have detected this cache already, well before the intelligence led us to look there.

I was talking about the sand. concrete would indeed be a different story, especially if its shielded, however, Infrared technology is more advanced than you would think.

DKSuddeth said:
I was talking about the sand. concrete would indeed be a different story, especially if its shielded, however, Infrared technology is more advanced than you would think.

I'm no expert on it, I admit. But obviously if this report proves true, we missed this one with our sattlelights.

Go back to page one of this thread and clik the washtimes link. The same link now points to a denial where earlier this morn it pointed to a diff story.

freeandfun1 said:
true but not. the problem is that satellites make passes. they cannot stay stationary over a specific location. so that gives every place in the world, time to do things while the cameras in the sky are not available. furthermore, you would have to have MILLIONS of satellites in the sky to cover every inch of earth. We will find them, but it might take some time. If we have specifics of where they "might" be, then the satellites can take a look at those areas each time they make a pass.
Geo-synchronious satellites would solve that problem, as they would orbit at such a speed so as to stay exactly above a specific area. We have them, but whether or not we've got one over Iraq is a different story.

-Douglas

Shazbot said:
Geo-synchronous satellites would solve that problem, as they would orbit at such a speed so as to stay exactly above a specific area. We have them, but whether or not we've got one over Iraq is a different story.

-Douglas

Yes, I am familiar with GeoSats, but they have to be put into orbit in a particular location. Unless we are able to move satellites from one orbit to another in some manner that I am not familiar, it is doubtful we have a GeoSat over Iraq. I do know that GeoSats are used by NSA and other agencies but I am just not sure if we have any GeoSats over the ME region. I would highly doubt it as I would think nations would view our putting GeoSats in orbits that would "cover" their countries as a blatant act of intrusion. But I could be wrong.

Geosynchronous and Geostationary Orbit

A geosynchronous orbit may be defined as one with an orbital period (the time needed to orbit once around the Earth) that matches the rotation rate of the Earth. This is a sidereal day, which is 23 hours 56 minutes and 4 seconds in length, and represents the time taken for the Earth to rotate once about its polar axis relative to a distant fixed point. This is about four minutes shorter than the common day length of 24 hours, which is relative to the sun.

A geostationary orbit is a special case of a geosynchronous orbit. A satellite is in a geostationary orbit when it appears stationary from the point of view of an observer on the Earth's surface. This can only occur when:

The orbit is geosynchronous
The orbit is a circle
The orbit lies in the plane of the Earth's equator
Thus, a geosynchronous satellite will be geostationary only with the additional restrictions of it being in a circular orbit situated over the equator.

The following parameters are always true for any geostationary satellite:

Parameter
Value

Height above equator
35,785 km (22,236 miles)

Orbit radius
42,155 km (26,194 miles)

Orbit circumference
264,869 km (164,582 miles)

Arc length per degree
736 km (457 miles)

Orbital velocity
11,066 km/hr= 3.07 km/sec (6,876 miles/hr)

Source: Eumetstat

freeandfun1 said:
Geosynchronous and Geostationary Orbit

A geosynchronous orbit may be defined as one with an orbital period (the time needed to orbit once around the Earth) that matches the rotation rate of the Earth. This is a sidereal day, which is 23 hours 56 minutes and 4 seconds in length, and represents the time taken for the Earth to rotate once about its polar axis relative to a distant fixed point. This is about four minutes shorter than the common day length of 24 hours, which is relative to the sun.

A geostationary orbit is a special case of a geosynchronous orbit. A satellite is in a geostationary orbit when it appears stationary from the point of view of an observer on the Earth's surface. This can only occur when:

The orbit is geosynchronous
The orbit is a circle
The orbit lies in the plane of the Earth's equator
Thus, a geosynchronous satellite will be geostationary only with the additional restrictions of it being in a circular orbit situated over the equator.

The following parameters are always true for any geostationary satellite:

Parameter
Value

Height above equator
35,785 km (22,236 miles)

Orbit radius
42,155 km (26,194 miles)

Orbit circumference
264,869 km (164,582 miles)

Arc length per degree
736 km (457 miles)

Orbital velocity
11,066 km/hr= 3.07 km/sec (6,876 miles/hr)

Source: Eumetstat

Yeah, and the altitude required for a geosychronous orbit is too high to get clear pictures.

freeandfun1 said:
Yes, I am familiar with GeoSats, but they have to be put into orbit in a particular location. Unless we are able to move satellites from one orbit to another in some manner that I am not familiar, it is doubtful we have a GeoSat over Iraq. I do know that GeoSats are used by NSA and other agencies but I am just not sure if we have any GeoSats over the ME region. I would highly doubt it as I would think nations would view our putting GeoSats in orbits that would "cover" their countries as a blatant act of intrusion. But I could be wrong.
Yeah, I'd agree with you there. I guess we could just say, "Hey, if you don't want that satellite there, move it yourself!" :)

-Douglas

You guys are missing the whole point here. It does not matter if there are nuclear weapons giving off heat or radation or how they are detected. What really matters here is the timing of these reports, its just an obvious attempt by the Bush Criminal Empire to divert attention away from the 9/11 report and the Democratic Convenction. Geez do I have to spell it out for you. :smoke:

MtnBiker said:
You guys are missing the whole point here. It does not matter if there are nuclear weapons giving off heat or radation or how they are detected. What really matters here is the timing of these reports, its just an obvious attempt by the Bush Criminal Empire to divert attention away from the 9/11 report and the Democratic Convenction. Geez do I have to spell it out for you. :smoke:

So right MB! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Forum List

Back