NRA Robocalls In Newtown Spark Outrage

Now there you go putting words in my mouth. I never called anyone a "coward". One can be scared without being a coward. I'll bet the soldiers storming Normandy Beach were scared shitless but they were no cowards. Unless YOU think they were?

How does that crow taste??

And what bothers me is that people like you are so scared of their own shadow that they have live their lives in fear and carry a gun everywhere they go. Because you and I both know that there is only one reason to carry a gun. Fear.

How does your kotex taste? It's just you calling our military cowards because you don't know the difference. There's a BIG difference between carrying one to Church and one to battle, dumbfuck.

Goose, I feel what you are saying totally. I teach in a prison, and these self-proclaimed "thugs" are pussies when they don't have their guns.

How does your kotex taste? It's just you calling our military cowards because you don't know the difference. There's a BIG difference between carrying one to Church and one to battle, dumbfuck.

Goose, I feel what you are saying totally. I teach in a prison, and these self-proclaimed "thugs" are pussies when they don't have their guns.

Sure a pussy will pull his gun out at anything. A man will think about it, reason about it, and as a last resort pull and use it.

And some of us who are in our fifties are smart enough to know that we aren't 25 anymore and while our fists may have been good enough 30 years ago, age does have a way of catching up with you.

Then again a fight that would have broke out with out a gun may just be avoided with a gun. It is amazing how much common sense a person gets when they are seeing the business end of a gun being pointed at them.

And some of us who are in our fifties are smart enough to know that we aren't 25 anymore and while our fists may have been good enough 30 years ago, age does have a way of catching up with you.

Then again a fight that would have broke out with out a gun may just be avoided with a gun. It is amazing how much common sense a person gets when they are seeing the business end of a gun being pointed at them.

BINGO!!!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

That is precisely why I said I would get a permit but don't plan on carrying a gun. But that may not apply in the future as I get older or if I have to ever go in some area where I feel it may be warranted. I'm in my mid-fifties now but I can still whip my weight in wildcats. But CC Permits to me is like insurance. I'll get one but hope I never feel the need to carry a gun.

But if I ever feel the need to carry one it will be because I fear (yes, I said fear) that a situation may arise where I need one. And that goes back to my original statement that only those who are afraid feel the need to carry a gun. And I have no fear that anything will happen that will require my using a hand gun in Church, going to work, store or anyplace I ever go.

And I don't feel a "fight" would ever justify "pulling a gun" unless you're in fear (there's that word again) of your life. 99% of fights end after just a couple of punches being thrown. But if you pull a gun your opponent may too and then what do you have?

The following reminds me of the movie, Red Dawn...

During a roundtable discussion on Friday, Fox News’ Lou Dobbs agreed with a network contributor who argued that Americans need to access military-style assault weapons to protect themselves from an Iranian invasion.

Fox: Americans Need Assault Weapons To Protect Themselves From An Iranian Invasion, Al Qaeda

oh look its the ...."i am for gun rights,but i just dont think you should be able to own them" guy.......

The following reminds me of the movie, Red Dawn...

During a roundtable discussion on Friday, Fox News’ Lou Dobbs agreed with a network contributor who argued that Americans need to access military-style assault weapons to protect themselves from an Iranian invasion.

Fox: Americans Need Assault Weapons To Protect Themselves From An Iranian Invasion, Al Qaeda

oh look its the ...."i am for gun rights,but i just dont think you should be able to own them" guy.......

Prove your lie.

Rev. Matthew Crebbin, who led Newtown’s televised memorial service, tells Joshua DuBois that his community’s grief is only beginning—and that he worries America is making guns into false idols.

Newtown's Pastor, Three Months Later

GREAT LINK!! From your link.......

From Newtown, Connecticut, where I live and minister, I am concerned for my nation. America is coming dangerously close to replacing the second commandment (do not worship false idols) with the second amendment. The gun has been invested with authority and power far beyond its ability to deliver. This is how idols are created.

Those who advocate against common sense legislation seem inclined to suggest that we should believe that more guns in the hands of more people (including guns specifically modeled after weapons of war with high capacity magazines) will somehow make all of us safer.

In addition, as a Christian, I follow One who tells me that love and not fear should govern our relationships with others—even those who disagree with us or who are different from us. Indeed in Christian scripture we are told that “perfect love casts out all fear.” I believe that I am called to refuse to allow fear to govern my view of the world. To paraphrase Dr. Martin Luther King: “I choose love. (Fear) and hate are too big a burden to bear.”

All too often I think others believe that Jesus somehow would have slung a semi-auto over his shoulder or would approve of us doing the same.

r-NRA-ROBOCALLS-NEWTOWN-large570.jpg

Christina Wilkie

WASHINGTON -- The National Rifle Association came under fire late Thursday from members of a gun-control advocacy group in Newtown, Conn., after reports surfaced of Newtown residents receiving robocalls and pro-gun postcards from the NRA.

The advocacy group, the Newtown Action Alliance, posted a Facebook message Thursday about the calls, prompting responses from people who said they'd received communications from the NRA and were upset by them.

"I received one of these," Newtown resident Christopher Wenis wrote on Facebook Thursday afternoon. "I was insulted and offended." Wenis told The Huffington Post in an interview Friday night that in the 36 hours since he first posted his response, he received two more robocalls from the NRA, one later on Thursday night and one Friday evening.

"I've got a 5-year-old son who went to preschool on the Sandy Hook Elementary School campus," Wenis explained. "And this was a really hard week for me on a lot of levels. These calls were the very last thing I needed."

Wenis said that he called the NRA twice to request that his name be placed on a "Do Not Call List" -- first on Tuesday and again Thursday. He said an NRA phone operator assured him he would be removed from NRA call lists. But the calls kept coming. By Friday night, Wenis said, he was desperate to be left in peace.

Another woman, Lisa Abrams, wrote on Facebook that she had "received a call and a postcard asking me to call my congressmen and tell them 'NO ASSUALT WEAPONS BAN' [sic] ... I was not happy and needless to say did just the opposite!"

Tom Maurath, a 40-year resident of Newtown, said he was having dinner with his family on Tuesday when the phone rang at 6:37 p.m. "Our caller ID announces who is calling, and when I heard 'National Rifle Association,' I jumped to answer the phone so my 6-year-old son wouldn't get there first," he told The Huffington Post in an interview. "Our son loves to answer the phone because it might be Grandma."

Maurath said he listened to a prerecorded message about Connecticut state gun legislation for about 30 seconds -- a call that he was stunned to realize took no account of who might pick up the phone.

"The idea that this message could have been delivered to a sibling of one of the families who lost children at [Sandy Hook Elementary School] is just appalling," he said.

More: NRA Robocalls In Newtown Spark Outrage From Local Gun Control Group

meh... tone-deaf NRA assholes make robocalls to crybaby lib pussies...

fuck 'em both...

r-NRA-ROBOCALLS-NEWTOWN-large570.jpg

Christina Wilkie

WASHINGTON -- The National Rifle Association came under fire late Thursday from members of a gun-control advocacy group in Newtown, Conn., after reports surfaced of Newtown residents receiving robocalls and pro-gun postcards from the NRA.

The advocacy group, the Newtown Action Alliance, posted a Facebook message Thursday about the calls, prompting responses from people who said they'd received communications from the NRA and were upset by them.

"I received one of these," Newtown resident Christopher Wenis wrote on Facebook Thursday afternoon. "I was insulted and offended." Wenis told The Huffington Post in an interview Friday night that in the 36 hours since he first posted his response, he received two more robocalls from the NRA, one later on Thursday night and one Friday evening.

"I've got a 5-year-old son who went to preschool on the Sandy Hook Elementary School campus," Wenis explained. "And this was a really hard week for me on a lot of levels. These calls were the very last thing I needed."

Wenis said that he called the NRA twice to request that his name be placed on a "Do Not Call List" -- first on Tuesday and again Thursday. He said an NRA phone operator assured him he would be removed from NRA call lists. But the calls kept coming. By Friday night, Wenis said, he was desperate to be left in peace.

Another woman, Lisa Abrams, wrote on Facebook that she had "received a call and a postcard asking me to call my congressmen and tell them 'NO ASSUALT WEAPONS BAN' [sic] ... I was not happy and needless to say did just the opposite!"

Tom Maurath, a 40-year resident of Newtown, said he was having dinner with his family on Tuesday when the phone rang at 6:37 p.m. "Our caller ID announces who is calling, and when I heard 'National Rifle Association,' I jumped to answer the phone so my 6-year-old son wouldn't get there first," he told The Huffington Post in an interview. "Our son loves to answer the phone because it might be Grandma."

Maurath said he listened to a prerecorded message about Connecticut state gun legislation for about 30 seconds -- a call that he was stunned to realize took no account of who might pick up the phone.

"The idea that this message could have been delivered to a sibling of one of the families who lost children at [Sandy Hook Elementary School] is just appalling," he said.

More: NRA Robocalls In Newtown Spark Outrage From Local Gun Control Group

meh... tone-deaf NRA assholes make robocalls to crybaby lib pussies...

fuck 'em both...

Methinks you eat too many boogers.

I wonder if you've ever pointed the "business end of a gun" at anyone, or if this is just some line you picked up from some action movie. :doubt:

I wonder if you've ever pointed the "business end of a gun" at anyone, or if this is just some line you picked up from some action movie. :doubt:

Anyone that knows anything about firearms and has gone through defensive firearms training knows that if you pull your firearm the next step is using it.
NEVER POINT YOUR GUN UNLESS YOU INTEND ON USING IT.

Prove your lie.

read what you post dumbass.....you say your for gun rights and at the same time you argue against the 2nd ammendment.....you have stated before that the 2nd amendment says you cant own guns.....which is it?....

Last edited:
I guess the people from that town should now make a list of WHO can and can't call

they want to be so petty I guess they believe nobody is a member of the Nra in the town, because they AREN'T

Last edited:

Forum List

Back