NPR fights back against republicans, outs their "grass roots" groups

I do have a problem with such blatant partisanship from a partially funded government entity though. if they want to pull crap like this they need to be private funded only.

I do have a problem with such blatant partisanship from a partially funded government entity though. if they want to pull crap like this they need to be private funded only.

Interestingly, this would have been my FIRST thought.... instead of the :lol::lol::lol::lol:. I don't actually find the waste of taxpayers money to be very :lol::lol::lol::lol:.

I think they will lose their funding. And, I'll be happy that they do.

Interestingly, this would have been my FIRST thought.... instead of the :lol::lol::lol::lol:. I don't actually find the waste of taxpayers money to be very :lol::lol::lol::lol:.

well there is two things:

1) it is good to know about the fake grass root movements as it helps weed out corporate influence over elections

2) if the only reason they did this was a backlash against republicans for their recent defense of juan williams then it a great misuse of taxpayer funds

its really two separate issues discussed in two separate posts

It's nice to see some honesty that most people will admit that NPR is a liberal rag.

They won't lose funding though, there's no way anyone will want to look like they are commiting censorship.

That would be a tuff minded decision. Anyone know 51 tuff minded Senators? (ever?)

It's nice to see some honesty that most people will admit that NPR is a liberal rag.

They won't lose funding though, there's no way anyone will want to look like they are commiting censorship.

That would be a tuff minded decision. Anyone know 51 tuff minded Senators? (ever?)

It's not censorship. It has 18 news analysts there. One, Brooks is a moderate, all the others are liberals. No sense in all taxpayer funding a lopsided story. They should compete just as the rest of the media do. We need to balance the budget. This is one cut that will be easy to make.

I finiancially support my PBS station.

I don't think anyone has a problem with private donations

Sure they do. They want PBS/NPR dead not just govt defunded.

govt defunding will not kill it, just cripple it some.

A few of the wingnuts probably do, but....most just want the government money out of it. I happen to like a lot of what's on PBS, I wouldn't want the censorship of it, nor NPR.

It's not censorship. It has 18 news analysts there. One, Brooks is a moderate, all the others are liberals. No sense in all taxpayer funding a lopsided story. They should compete just as the rest of the media do. We need to balance the budget. This is one cut that will be easy to make.

I'm well aware it's not censorship. If any conservative dared to make any move to defund NPR the left would call censorship. No leftist would be stoopid enough to pull funding from a group that openly and mindlessly supports them.

Brooks is a CON$ervative!
Only a radical Right wing extremist would call Brooks a "moderate."

Forum List

Back