Now with the Colorado ruling saying that religion can override public accommodation laws

Stormy Daniels

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2018
How long will it be before some business refuses service to black people because they say it's against the owner's religion?

How long before an employer gets to refuse to hire a woman because the business owner's religious belief is that a woman should be at home serving her husband and raising children?

And how many other laws will get to be ignored on the basis of a religious claim?

Idiot, you can't force me to do something I don't want to do.

Same with your bullshit vaccinations.

You have no right to impose ANYTHING on me. Especially not your moronic morality (or lack thereof).
Should I be able to check voter registrations, because my religion bans me from dealing with dumbass Republicans?

In a free land with a free people exercising free will, people are allowed to be an asshole.
That is their right &trying to stop them is the tyranny we have been warning against.
If you disagree with them so vehemently, why would you want to spend money with them anyway?

Free enterprise is the cornerstone of a free market & business owners have every right to run that business as they see fit.
If you don't like it, go somewhere else.

When did basic freedoms become so toxic to the collectivist hive mind of the left?

How long will it be before some business refuses service to black people because they say it's against the owner's religion?

How long before an employer gets to refuse to hire a woman because the business owner's religious belief is that a woman should be at home serving her husband and raising children?

And how many other laws will get to be ignored on the basis of a religious claim?

You realize this was a First Amendment case, and that's about speech.

Owning a restaurant and then "refusing to serve black people" (!) is not "speech".

In a free land with a free people exercising free will, people are allowed to be an asshole.
That is their right &trying to stop them is the tyranny we have been warning against.
If you disagree with them so vehemently, why would you want to spend money with them anyway?

Free enterprise is the cornerstone of a free market & business owners have every right to run that business as they see fit.

When did basic freedoms become so toxic to the collectivist hive mind of the left?
Just don’t cry about it, when you’re called out for being assholes.

Public accommodation may soon go the way of Affirmative Action. That is, let the free market decide. If there's a cretin out there who actually wants to hang a sign that says "whites only" in their store, fine. Let the free market, in the age of Yelp reviews, take care of the situation.

Should I be able to check voter registrations, because my religion bans me from dealing with dumbass Republicans?
So you admit you're in a religious cult?

You could try registering as an official religion, that's probably the first step.

In most states you need 10 thousand true believers to get standing. You've got that, right? You should go for it.

Just don’t cry about it, when you’re called out for being assholes.
Did I say I would do that? You are making assumptions & that makes an ass of u.

Besides, I couldn't care less what you progbots say or think.
The opinions of those that fight for racism, infanticide & collectivism are irrelevant.
Just leave me alone, leave the kids alone & never try to tell me what to do, say or think & you won't have a problem.

The opinions of those that fight for racism, infanticide & collectivism are irrelevant.
Just leave me alone, leave the kids alone & never try to tell me what to do, say or think & you won't have a problem.

They can't. They don't respect themselves enough, therefore they can't respect others enough to let people have their own opinions. EVERYONE must obey.

You realize this was a First Amendment case, and that's about speech.

Owning a restaurant and then "refusing to serve black people" (!) is not "speech".

It's no less speech than owning a graphic design business and then refusing to sell to gay people.

It's no less speech than owning a graphic design business and then refusing to sell to gay people.

Not "sell". CREATE--ie, produce speech--that contains a message to which you're morally opposed.

At this point, you're either too stupid to understand the difference, in which case all further conversation is pointless--or you're being willfully obtuse, which means further conversation is a waste of my time.

So, that's it.

It was the royal ‘you’.

Not "sell". CREATE--ie, produce speech--that contains a message to which you're morally opposed.

GRAPHIC DESIGN is distinct from content.

If you were to create a pretty piece of stationary, that has nothing to do with whether I buy it to write things that you dislike on it. That's what is at stake here. She creates graphic designs, but now wants to dictate how others use it after they buy it, so she refuses to sell it to people who won't use it as she sees fit.

GRAPHIC DESIGN is distinct from content.

If you were to create a pretty piece of stationary, that has nothing to do with whether I buy it to write things that you dislike on it. That's what is at stake here. She creates graphic designs, but now wants to dictate how others use it after they buy it, so she refuses to sell it to people who won't use it as she sees fit.

Sweetheart, she won. I'm not going to quibble. She won. The cake baker won. The florist won.

You lose.

Thank you for showing the left's ignorance of the law in your desire to force your will onto others.
The judgement was on the 1st amendment simpleton. Which has exactly ZERO to do with serving food to anyone.

Forum List

Back