Now the Left is trying to force that Baker to make a transgender cake.

The Supreme Court addressed the constitutionality of animal sacrifice for religious purposes in Church of the Lukumi Babalu Aye v. City of Hialeah (1993),

Santería religion uses animal sacrifice
Oh my, and you suggest this is happening in our schools. That's quite a dishonest assessment. Don't ya think?

argumentum ad absurdum. The 1st amendment doesn't mean government has to be hostile to religion, the opposite is true. It just means it can't ESTABLISH a religion, like the Church of England.
They also can't "establish" a religion by excluding others.

I stated why I ask. Many times.

Lady walks in.........

I'd like a wedding cake for my upcoming wedding.

Baker: Great, that's what we do here.

Lady: I would like two brides on the top.

Baker: O.K. we can do that. Are you new around here? Are you going to be living nearby? If so, I would like to invite the two of you to attend my church if you don't already have one.
Meaningless, since the baker in question turned them down for whatever reason.

"Muh private bidness" cuts both ways....Deal with it.

ok.....yeah you are getting paid, and you are voluteering to work for them

Not sure what your point is.
The state usually requires most businesses to register (volunteer) with the state. A corporation, company, LLC, are constructs of the state.

The Supreme Court addressed the constitutionality of animal sacrifice for religious purposes in Church of the Lukumi Babalu Aye v. City of Hialeah (1993),

Santería religion uses animal sacrifice
Yeah, Govt can't specially target relgions

Not surprised the demafascist in NYC tried to do that

The state usually requires most businesses to register (volunteer) with the state. A corporation, company, LLC, are constructs of the state.
Yes, you have to register your business. What's your point? That doesn't mean someone can force me to work for them. Someone comes into my office, I don't have to serve them...I don't need any reason.....but certainly, a compeling reason would be that what they are asking me to do would violate my morality.

No I get that (See my post). I am trying to see what the religious argument would be against it.
Genesis 1:27: “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.”

+ Science

1665167830385.png

Greg

Oh my, and you suggest this is happening in our schools. That's quite a dishonest assessment. Don't ya think?
They could request being able to sacrifice a goat to bring good luck to the football team.

Just like a christian coach could kneel and pray for the team.

If one is allowed on the field? How do you prohibit the other?

Meaningless, since the baker in question turned them down for whatever reason.

"Muh private bidness" cuts both ways....Deal with it.
Except most businesses aren't "private", in that they have to register with, and thus submit to the rules of the state.

Except most businesses aren't "private", in that they have to register with, and thus submit to the rules of the state.
what? yes private businesses have to follow the laws....that doesn't mean they are public because they follow the law.

Geez

Baker should just tell this "Autumn" dude to fuck off.

The state has no role in coercing a baker to make any cake they don't want to make; if it does, that state should be smashed.
The baker should take the tack that "he only produces top-quality goods and that would be lesser quality than he chooses to produce." Will these morons be asking Coca Cola to put a pink soda in a blue can next?

what? yes private businesses have to follow the laws....that doesn't mean they are public because they follow the law.

Geez
They're "public" businesses because the law declares them to be "public", because they're in the "public square". And now they're trying to play the same game to control social media.

Yes, you have to register your business. What's your point? That doesn't mean someone can force me to work for them. Someone comes into my office, I don't have to serve them...I don't need any reason.....but certainly, a compeling reason would be that what they are asking me to do would violate my morality.
That depends on what state regulations say. If state regulations say you must serve everyone equally, you have to serve everyone equally. If the state says you can serve people at your discretion, you can serve them at your discretion.

The baker should take the tack that "he only produces top-quality goods and that would be lesser quality than he chooses to produce." Will these morons be asking Coca Cola to put a pink soda in a blue can next?
Well that's the booze sorted, but soda?? Maybe.
1665168462154.png
1665168551537.png

................or maybe signifying "getting the snip"????

1665168639958.png

.....the lemon signifies.................better not go there!!!

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :dunno:

Greg

They're "public" businesses because the law declares them to be "public", because they're in the "public square". And now they're trying to play the same game to control social media.
No, they aren't declared public simply by registering and following the law

Last edited:

Forum List

Back