Now that Trump is President...is it time to grant Federal Land back to the States?

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Forty-five percent of California is controlled by the Federal Government. Eight four percent of Nevada. Fifty two percent of Oregon. Twenty eight percent of Washington State. Thirty four percent of New Mexico. And that's just the Blue states. Isn't time to get the federal government out of state business?

Federal land ownership by state - Ballotpedia

Or more precisely, isn't it time to grant federal land to private corporate power. And why not, they already have your media machine and your political system.

Or more precisely, isn't it time to grant federal land to private corporate power. And why not, they already have your media machine and your political system.

Have you so little faith in state government, where in a few hours you can be at the capitol airing your grievances face to face with your elected leaders that you cede control to a Federal Government 3000 miles away, 95% controlled by people who have their own states agendas as their foremost concern?

Have you so little faith in state government, where in a few hours you can be at the capitol airing your grievances face to face with your elected leaders that you cede control to a Federal Government 3000 miles away, 95% controlled by people who have their own states agendas as their foremost concern?

Some of us can see what's been going on for about a half century now son, pull up to 40,000 ft and look around, it's getting late.

Yep....we need to march back to the constitution where this isn't allowed.....

Your constitution presided over slavery, genocide, and only allowed wealthy white males a voice in their own governance, pass. It had nothing to do with anything divine.

Great, we'd have the Exxon Mobil Grand Canyon & the Pfizer Yellowstone Park all complete with a gaudy Trump Tower & golf course.

You people are dumber that shit.

Some of us can see what's been going on for about a half century now son, pull up to 40,000 ft and look around, it's getting late.

Great, we'd have the Exxon Mobil Grand Canyon & the Pfizer Yellowstone Park all complete with a gaudy Trump Tower & golf course.

You people are dumber that shit.

You need to discern between rhetoric and reality.

I don't follow the other states nearly as closely as I follow my own, but in the Presidential Election, Missouri went to Trump by 19 points. In the same election, The Missouri Parks and Conservation Tax renewal passed with the highest percentage of ANY proposal on the November 8th ballot...80% in favor of renewal, 20% opposed.

Untitled.png

Missouri Sales Tax for Parks and Conservation, Amendment 1 (2016) - Ballotpedia

Missouri is also opening THREE new state parks -

Missouri is adding three new state parks totaling more than 8,000 acres. Gov. Jay Nixon said Friday that they were purchased for about $15 million.

If you don't believe Blue states can handle administrating their own lands responsibly...who am I to argue...but I can say with 100% confidence that my Red state can.

Forum List

Back