Now that the good guys are in charge, is it time to revisit the 14th amendment?

New wide-ranging analysis by the Center for Immigration Studiesā€˜ Steven Camarotta reveals that there are an estimated 28,000 births to illegal aliens every year in the Los Angeles metro area, exceeding the total number of U.S. births in 14 states and the District of Columbia.

The children of illegal aliens are commonly known as ā€œanchor babies,ā€ as they anchor their illegal alien and noncitizen parents in the U.S. and eventually are allowed to bring an unlimited number of foreign relatives to the country through the process known as ā€œchain migration.ā€

More Anchor Baby Births in Los Angeles than Total U.S. Births in 14 States

If you want to stop the flies from buzzing around you, close the pancake syrup container if you're going to sit outside.

For years the left has been telling us we don't need a wall, just a heavy fine or prison time for employers who hire illegals. Well I have to agree with that, but I also think that anchor babies are just as much of a problem. Come to the US, find a way to stay for a few months, and pop out a baby(s) so you have an excuse to have to be here.

Time for that to stop.

What is wrong with the 14th Amendment, guaranteeing due process and equal protection of the law for all?
...Except it costs us billions of dollars every year.

Only because some people who pretend to be Americans do not respect the 14th Amendment while yapping about the United States Constitution, and, boy, do they yap.

Well, no, those Americans committed crimes... Crossing the border without permission is a misdemeanor, at best...

But even in those cases, we usually place a convict's children with other family members.

And we still do.

Obama breifly detained unaccompanied minors. Trump has still not reunited 5000 kids with their parents. In some cases, they can't even find the parents because they didn't even bother to track them.

They placed those kids with family members or people from their country of origin. Because many of those foster parents were illegal as well, they refuse to answer the phone or door when they suspect it's the feds coming to check on the kids.

New wide-ranging analysis by the Center for Immigration Studiesā€˜ Steven Camarotta reveals that there are an estimated 28,000 births to illegal aliens every year in the Los Angeles metro area, exceeding the total number of U.S. births in 14 states and the District of Columbia.

The children of illegal aliens are commonly known as ā€œanchor babies,ā€ as they anchor their illegal alien and noncitizen parents in the U.S. and eventually are allowed to bring an unlimited number of foreign relatives to the country through the process known as ā€œchain migration.ā€

If you want to stop the flies from buzzing around you, close the pancake syrup container if you're going to sit outside.

For years the left has been telling us we don't need a wall, just a heavy fine or prison time for employers who hire illegals. Well I have to agree with that, but I also think that anchor babies are just as much of a problem. Come to the US, find a way to stay for a few months, and pop out a baby(s) so you have an excuse to have to be here.

Time for that to stop.

So your goal is to reduce the demand for our real estate?

I fear loans off our projected real estate values churn our economy. Ask George Bush what happens when imiginary value disappears and ppl have to make the payments they signed up for.

I'll meet you on stopping illegal immigration if we can double the number of legal inmigrands next year. I have looked to the Big Government past and decided we should apply what we learned from The Homestead Act to our empty cities in the Midwest and East.

So in other words you want the US to look like China in another 50 years or so. We currently allow one million new people a year in this country.

Donā€™t worry about real estate. I believe it was Roy Rogers who once said ā€œBuy land. God ainā€™t making any more of it.ā€

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

We don't need any more people here legal or otherwise.

We need to stop allowing people in for five years or more. We have enough people in this country.

You don't speak for the whole country. Quiet.

Poor Claudette wants to make America white again. Her kind had better start having babies - QUICKLY (as Dotard would say).
Even with Zero immigration and record slow population growth, we'll be minority white by 2045.
Growth of U.S. Population Is at Slowest Pace Since 1937

Hahaha...whatā€™s this ā€œweā€™ll beā€ shit?
You canā€™t convince a single person here that youā€™re Caucasian....sorry

If that's your stance, then when an American goes to prison, they should leave the kids home alone or lock them up with the parent.

Well, no, those Americans committed crimes... Crossing the border without permission is a misdemeanor, at best...

But even in those cases, we usually place a convict's children with other family members.

Trump isn't doing anything that DumBama didn't do. In fact, the lying MSM tried to use a picture of kids locked up in pens and insinuate that it was Trump doing it.

Obama breifly detained unaccompanied minors. Trump has still not reunited 5000 kids with their parents. In some cases, they can't even find the parents because they didn't even bother to track them.

Do they not teach simple principles such as CAUSE AND EFFECT down there in Wetbackville?

Yet today, we own the White House, the House, the Senate, and most of the governorships across the country not counting local positions.

"We"?? LOL

Yes, we. We as in Republicans.

But the republicans are now garbage. The dregs of our country. This stupid bitch in Pennsylvania talking about walking on his opponent's face with golf spikes??? When I grew up, the republican party was a political party. Respectable. Respectful. I even campaigned for a republican candidate when I was a teenager. We went throughout the state together campaigning. My mother was a republican who actively supported a republican candidate who was on our town's school board. What happened to this party? Running around chanting "lock her up" at rallies and wearing obscene t-shirts against Democrats? Sexperts telling Americans to put aspirins between their knees. This is filth.

Well good for you. Now you support a party that promotes violence. Good choice on your part.

They placed those kids with family members or people from their country of origin. Because many of those foster parents were illegal as well, they refuse to answer the phone or door when they suspect it's the feds coming to check on the kids.

Oh, I'm sure you'll always find an excuse for Trump's incompetence... but this is a bridge too far.

Before this, people applying for asylum were released on their own recognisance, and they came back for their hearings, and it worked just fine.

Then Trump decided that wasn't good enough for the bigots who support him.

Yet today, we own the White House, the House, the Senate, and most of the governorships across the country not counting local positions.

"We"?? LOL

But the republicans are now garbage. The dregs of our country. This stupid bitch in Pennsylvania talking about walking on his opponent's face with golf spikes??? When I grew up, the republican party was a political party. Respectable. Respectful. I even campaigned for a republican candidate when I was a teenager. We went throughout the state together campaigning. My mother was a republican who actively supported a republican candidate who was on our town's school board. What happened to this party? Running around chanting "lock her up" at rallies and wearing obscene t-shirts against Democrats? Sexperts telling Americans to put aspirins between their knees. This is filth.

Well good for you. Now you support a party that promotes violence. Good choice on your part.
Stupid statement. The Democratic Party does not promote violence. This assertion is ridiculous. I just stated the the republican party is now the party of people from the sewers of the U.S. You need to go to the people on USMB who talk about shooting people; opening fire. All that I said is that the republican party is now the party of the lowest level of American society. How do we manage this? These people actually want respect, yet they are the dirt of our society. How do you handle dirt?

Time for that to stop.

Where is the Black American outrage over the current application of the 14th Amendment? This amendment was enacted on the behalf of victims of slavery and their families. These people were captured, taken from their homeland and forced into labor. They were innocent victims who broke no laws of this country.

So why now are African Americans not outraged over illegal immigrants who willingly come to this country, and break laws to do so invoking the 14th Amendment, their Amendment?

Iā€™d like to hear from our black members on this, I really would.

Blacks have be used and abused for the longest time by the Democrat party, it's just they don't realize it because many blacks don't follow politics.

Correct, the 14th was never written for anchor babies, it was written for former slaves and more so, their offspring.

To answer your question, why aren't blacks outraged over Democrats ushering in foreigners to take their jobs? Most of the jobs they take are lower paying jobs that many blacks could be working.

Why didn't the blacks protest over Democrats trying to stop School Vouchers? School Vouchers gave lower income blacks the ability to remove their child from failing public schools and put them in a better quality school where they could actually learn something.

A better question is this...why is there even one food stamp issued, one welfare check generated, even one, when people are pouring over the border to make a living?

Illegals don't get that for themselves but they get that stuff for their kids born here or not. Most who come here to live legally are flooding our social programs. That's why I make the case to close off border to everybody.

Not my point. Can any leftist say "boo hoo we have to pay out billions a year in welfare" while foreigners pour over the border to work? Something seems amiss here.

Time for that to stop.

Where is the Black American outrage over the current application of the 14th Amendment? This amendment was enacted on the behalf of victims of slavery and their families. These people were captured, taken from their homeland and forced into labor. They were innocent victims who broke no laws of this country.

So why now are African Americans not outraged over illegal immigrants who willingly come to this country, and break laws to do so invoking the 14th Amendment, their Amendment?

Iā€™d like to hear from our black members on this, I really would.

Blacks have be used and abused for the longest time by the Democrat party, it's just they don't realize it because many blacks don't follow politics.

Correct, the 14th was never written for anchor babies, it was written for former slaves and more so, their offspring.

To answer your question, why aren't blacks outraged over Democrats ushering in foreigners to take their jobs? Most of the jobs they take are lower paying jobs that many blacks could be working.

Why didn't the blacks protest over Democrats trying to stop School Vouchers? School Vouchers gave lower income blacks the ability to remove their child from failing public schools and put them in a better quality school where they could actually learn something.

A better question is this...why is there even one food stamp issued, one welfare check generated, even one, when people are pouring over the border to make a living?

Illegals don't get that for themselves but they get that stuff for their kids born here or not. Most who come here to live legally are flooding our social programs. That's why I make the case to close off border to everybody.

Not my point. Can any leftist say "boo hoo we have to pay out billions a year in welfare" while foreigners pour over the border to work? Something seems amiss here.

No you right. Any person who is even partly paying attention can see the system is being abused by able bodied people. Thatā€™s why the Federal Government should not be involved in these daily entitlement programs. Let the states run it, and if you live in a state where your taxes are high but your neighbor sits on his ass watching government funded cable tv all day when you know he is capable of flipping burgers, well you might just tell your state rep that this shit has got to change.

"We"?? LOL

Stupid statement. The Democratic Party does not promote violence. This assertion is ridiculous. I just stated the the republican party is now the party of people from the sewers of the U.S. You need to go to the people on USMB who talk about shooting people; opening fire. All that I said is that the republican party is now the party of the lowest level of American society. How do we manage this? These people actually want respect, yet they are the dirt of our society. How do you handle dirt?

Oh please, we just seen a video by Racist Holder where he said when Republicans go low, kick them. James Brown said that wherever Republicans may be, screams at them harass them. All they do is promote is violence:

Kaine: Democrats Have To "Fight In The Streets" Against Trump

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media...ence-and-harassment-against-trump-supporters/

Oh, I'm sure you'll always find an excuse for Trump's incompetence... but this is a bridge too far.

Before this, people applying for asylum were released on their own recognisance, and they came back for their hearings, and it worked just fine.

No it wasn't just fine because most never came back for their hearing because the excuse they gave the government wouldn't hold up in court.

Immigrant children: Here's what's happening with kids at the border, policywise

Time for that to stop.

The ONLY way to repeal or change the 14th amendment--requires a 2/3's vote in the senate, a 2/3's vote in the house, then it has to be ratified by 38 state legislatures.

The odds of that happening are ZERO TO NONE.

screenshot_2017-02-22_11.07.39.png

So who's talking about repeal? I'm talking about this opportunity to restore the meaning of the 14th with Kavanaugh which is that it had noting to do with anchor babies.

You don't seem to understand the 14th amendment already exists. The U.S. Supreme court cannot change it, just as they could not deal with women's sufferage--the right to vote. This has to go to the Senate, Congress, and be ratified by 38 state legislatures to change it.

There was discussion about this during the GOP primary debates, and Carly Fiorina was the first to call out Trump's and Rand Paul's bullshit on it, that they were stating was some kind of approach to the Justices that they could use regarding "slaves" being given citizenship. She said NOPE that wouldn't do it. She literally said it was a total waste of time.
True, But that does not change the fact that the 14th amendment costs us billions of dollars every year

The biggest cost of illegal immigration is our schools, not the anchor babies,who usually speak English before they go to school.

Yeah again if there is nothing that can be done about it, other than blocking pregnant women from entering this country, there's no point in beating our heads against a brick wall over it.

Time for that to stop.

What is wrong with the 14th Amendment, guaranteeing due process and equal protection of the law for all?
...Except it costs us billions of dollars every year.

Only because some people who pretend to be Americans do not respect the 14th Amendment while yapping about the United States Constitution, and, boy, do they yap.
Illegal is illegal, and it costs this country billions every year

Lol
Incompetent?

Says a Clinton supporter

"We"?? LOL

Progressives are all about violence, They are the most violent people on the planet second only to Muslims

Time for that to stop.

The ONLY way to repeal or change the 14th amendment--requires a 2/3's vote in the senate, a 2/3's vote in the house, then it has to be ratified by 38 state legislatures.

So who's talking about repeal? I'm talking about this opportunity to restore the meaning of the 14th with Kavanaugh which is that it had noting to do with anchor babies.

You don't seem to understand the 14th amendment already exists. The U.S. Supreme court cannot change it, just as they could not deal with women's sufferage--the right to vote. This has to go to the Senate, Congress, and be ratified by 38 state legislatures to change it.

There was discussion about this during the GOP primary debates, and Carly Fiorina was the first to call out Trump's and Rand Paul's bullshit on it, that they were stating was some kind of approach to the Justices that they could use regarding "slaves" being given citizenship. She said NOPE that wouldn't do it. She literally said it was a total waste of time.
True, But that does not change the fact that the 14th amendment costs us billions of dollars every year

The biggest cost of illegal immigration is our schools, not the anchor babies,who usually speak English before they go to school.

Yeah again if there is nothing that can be done about it, other than blocking pregnant women from entering this country, there's no point in beating our heads against a brick wall over it.
Illegal is illegal, and it costs this country billions of dollars every year.
At Best anchor babies have an diminishing return

Time for that to stop.

I think there might be something we can do about it:

According to the Constitution's 14th Amendment, ratified in 1868 to ensure citizenship for the newly emancipated African Americans, "all persons, born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States." The phrase "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" was intended to exclude from automatic citizenship American-born persons whose allegiance to the United States was incomplete. For example, Native Americans were excluded from American citizenship because of their tribal jurisdiction. Also not subject to American jurisdiction were foreign visitors, ambassadors, consuls, and their babies born here. In the case of illegal aliens, their native country has a claim of allegiance on the child. Therefore, some Constitutional scholars argue that the completeness of the allegiance to the United States is impaired and logically precludes automatic citizenship. However, this issue has never been directly decided by the U.S. Supreme Court.

Birthright Citizenship | Federation for American Immigration Reform

So my opinion is that perhaps the SC should hear that argument. It would be a long shot, but they may decide that anchor babies are not covered by the 14th. If so, it would give a lot of people one less reason to come here illegally.

It really bothers me when people say "it's only a misdemeanor" as if misdemeanors are not crimes but they are and are punishable by up to a year in jail.

These are examples of offenses that are also ONLY misdemeanors (the laws may vary according to your state):
  • Criminal trespass
  • Certain types of terroristic threats
  • Certain types of assault
  • Indecent exposure
  • Prostitution
  • Graffiti
  • Theft of property worth more than $50, but less than $500
  • Criminal mischief
  • Disorderly conduct
  • Certain types of assault
  • Reckless damage or destruction
  • Leaving a child unattended in a vehicle
  • Criminal trespass
  • Theft of property worth less than $50
  • Issuing a bad check
  • Falsely reporting a missing child or person

No it wasn't just fine because most never came back for their hearing because the excuse they gave the government wouldn't hold up in court.

Actually, most of them did... they wanted legal residency.

The reality is, there is no illegal immigration crisis. The number of undocumented immigrants leveled off in 2011 and has stayed consistent since then.

It really bothers me when people say "it's only a misdemeanor" as if misdemeanors are not crimes but they are and are punishable by up to a year in jail.

These are examples of offenses that are also ONLY misdemeanors

Okay... none of those crimes do permanent harm... they just aren't that big of a deal.

Some of them shouldn't be crimes at all. I still think prostitution laws are truly bizarre. It's a crime to fuck for money but not a crime to fuck for free?

So let's look at crossing the border? Who is actually harmed? Um, no one, really. Certainly not a bad enough crime to yank a kid from his parents and then lose track of the kid.

Forum List

Back