Now that the good guys are in charge, is it time to revisit the 14th amendment?

New wide-ranging analysis by the Center for Immigration Studies‘ Steven Camarotta reveals that there are an estimated 28,000 births to illegal aliens every year in the Los Angeles metro area, exceeding the total number of U.S. births in 14 states and the District of Columbia.

The children of illegal aliens are commonly known as “anchor babies,” as they anchor their illegal alien and noncitizen parents in the U.S. and eventually are allowed to bring an unlimited number of foreign relatives to the country through the process known as “chain migration.”

More Anchor Baby Births in Los Angeles than Total U.S. Births in 14 States

If you want to stop the flies from buzzing around you, close the pancake syrup container if you're going to sit outside.

For years the left has been telling us we don't need a wall, just a heavy fine or prison time for employers who hire illegals. Well I have to agree with that, but I also think that anchor babies are just as much of a problem. Come to the US, find a way to stay for a few months, and pop out a baby(s) so you have an excuse to have to be here.

Time for that to stop.

The 14th amendment is the one they use. That one states anyone born in America is an American citizen. Illegals have no problem popping out babies in America. Collecting every social service they can.

The 14th was put in there so the children of ex slaves would be recognized as America citizens. Its not needed anymore.

The Congress should boot the 14th thereby getting rid of the anchor baby bullshit that illegals use. Oh and they use it in the territories as well. No anchor baby. No welfare, Medicaid, food stamps or anything else.

Save we the taxpayer billions.

Build the damned wall to keep all them out.

Then you have to pass a constitutional amendment. The language in the amendment is clear. "All babies born", not some or all but. The current interpretation is exactly what it says.

To hell with a wall.

Yes, that's what I understand. I've been told that the last 30 years or so. Yet today, we own the White House, the House, the Senate, and most of the governorships across the country not counting local positions.

It shouldn't be that hard. Its a cruel and heartless initiative that will go nowhere; right up ya'll's alley.

Yup, it may go nowhere, but a heck of a lot of fun watching you libs react.

It'll be lots of fun watching you guys explain your position in 8 years or so. The scorched earth policy you guys have enacted will not bode well for the long term prospects of the GOP.

Yikes, I'm not seeing any scorched earth lately, maybe it's just your trailer park.

When you guys try to start talking fiscal responsibility, family values, traditional values, etc… it will be fun to point out how you have kissed the orange pervert’s ass for the last two years; and you’re fully prepared to do so for another two years despite the lies he tells, the felons he hires, the damage being inflicted. Again, you guys have the battered wife syndrome

Wow, can't wait to find out how you folks will feel after 8 years...dumbass.

You may find out in just over two pencil dick.

Yup, it may go nowhere, but a heck of a lot of fun watching you libs react.

It'll be lots of fun watching you guys explain your position in 8 years or so. The scorched earth policy you guys have enacted will not bode well for the long term prospects of the GOP.

Yikes, I'm not seeing any scorched earth lately, maybe it's just your trailer park.

When you guys try to start talking fiscal responsibility, family values, traditional values, etc… it will be fun to point out how you have kissed the orange pervert’s ass for the last two years; and you’re fully prepared to do so for another two years despite the lies he tells, the felons he hires, the damage being inflicted. Again, you guys have the battered wife syndrome

Wow, can't wait to find out how you folks will feel after 8 years...dumbass.

You may find out in just over two pencil dick.

Never can tell.

New wide-ranging analysis by the Center for Immigration Studies‘ Steven Camarotta reveals that there are an estimated 28,000 births to illegal aliens every year in the Los Angeles metro area, exceeding the total number of U.S. births in 14 states and the District of Columbia.

The children of illegal aliens are commonly known as “anchor babies,” as they anchor their illegal alien and noncitizen parents in the U.S. and eventually are allowed to bring an unlimited number of foreign relatives to the country through the process known as “chain migration.”

If you want to stop the flies from buzzing around you, close the pancake syrup container if you're going to sit outside.

For years the left has been telling us we don't need a wall, just a heavy fine or prison time for employers who hire illegals. Well I have to agree with that, but I also think that anchor babies are just as much of a problem. Come to the US, find a way to stay for a few months, and pop out a baby(s) so you have an excuse to have to be here.

Time for that to stop.

Where is the Black American outrage over the current application of the 14th Amendment? This amendment was enacted on the behalf of victims of slavery and their families. These people were captured, taken from their homeland and forced into labor. They were innocent victims who broke no laws of this country.

So why now are African Americans not outraged over illegal immigrants who willingly come to this country, and break laws to do so invoking the 14th Amendment, their Amendment?

I’d like to hear from our black members on this, I really would.
Well I tried arguing this rather extensively on Newsvine including citing various legal precedents, etc. but was told that I am a racist for taking this position.

I also parted ways with the Democratic party when then Governor Gray Davis decided to issue driver's licenses to illegal aliens (that's what they were called back then).

I noticed how we're all expected to obey our laws, and comply with any number of intrusive edicts from our governmet yet when it comes to this topic, if you don't agree with this policy it makes you a racist bigot neither of which I am.

Every racial/ethnic group has it's criminals therefore I don't understand why this particular group of criminals is considered untouchable. I've heard it said that in order for a crime to occur there has to be an element of mens rea which is defined as a "guilty mind"

Mens rea is the mental element of a person's intention to commit a crime; or knowledge that one's action or lack of action would cause a crime to be committed. It is a necessary element of many crimes.
It would seem to me that if a person plans to enter or stay in the country unlawfully then that meets the definition of mens rea. I mean it's not like the crime happened to them instead of them choosing to violate the law whether that involves unlawfully crossing the border or consciously making the decision to stay past their visa expiration date.

Last edited:

Time for that to stop.

Where is the Black American outrage over the current application of the 14th Amendment? This amendment was enacted on the behalf of victims of slavery and their families. These people were captured, taken from their homeland and forced into labor. They were innocent victims who broke no laws of this country.

So why now are African Americans not outraged over illegal immigrants who willingly come to this country, and break laws to do so invoking the 14th Amendment, their Amendment?

Well I tried arguing this rather extensively on Newsvine including citing various legal precedents, etc. but was told that I am a racist for taking this position.

I also parted ways with the Democratic party when then Governor Gray Davis decided to issue driver's licenses to illegal aliens (that's what they were called back then).

I noticed how we're all expected to obey our laws, and comply with any number of intrusive edicts from our governmet yet when it comes to this topic, if you don't agree with this policy it makes you a racist bigot neither of which I am.

Every racial/ethnic group has it's criminals therefore I don't understand why this particular group of criminals is considered untouchable. I've heard it said that in order for a crime to occur there has to be an element of mena rea which is defined as a "guilty mind"

Mens rea is the mental element of a person's intention to commit a crime; or knowledge that one's action or lack of action would cause a crime to be committed. It is a necessary element of many crimes.
It would seem to me that if a person plans to enter or stay in the country unlawfully then that meets the definition of mens rea. I mean it's not like the crime happened to them instead of them choosing to violate the law whether that involves unlawfully crossing the border or consciously making the decision to stay past their visa expiration date.
Ted Cruz was an anchor baby. Deport him?
but he's friends with Trump now.

Time for that to stop.

What is wrong with the 14th Amendment, guaranteeing due process and equal protection of the law for all?

What is wrong with the 14th Amendment, guaranteeing due process and equal protection of the law for all?
Nothing, they just kind of rolled several important issues up into one amendment:

The 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was one of the three Reconstruction Amendments which, along with the 13th and 15th, was primarily intended to establish equal civil rights for former slaves. It was passed by Congress on June 13, 1866, and ratified by the states as of July 9, 1868.
https://store.nolo.com/products/set...edium=nolo&utm_campaign=nolo-related-products
The 14th Amendment contained three major provisions:

The Citizenship Clause granted citizenship to All persons born or naturalized in the United States.

The Due Process Clause declared that states may not deny any person "life, liberty or property, without due process of law."

The Equal Protection Clause said that a state may not deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

The amendment also included provisions for determining a states representatives to the federal government, and it contained a number of provisions that applied to officials of the former Confederacy.

The 14th Amendment marked a significant shift in the way the Constitution was applied in America. Prior to its enactment, the individual protections offered by the Bill of Rights were enforceable only against the federal government. The 14th Amendment applied these rights to the states. In so doing, it initiated a flood of litigation to determine the amendments meaning and scopelitigation that continues to this day.

The 14th Amendment is cited in more court cases than any other, often in matters seeking to end discrimination against individuals based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and other statuses. Its long history of litigation traces the struggle for civil and legal rights for all Americans.

Nothing, they just kind of rolled several important issues up into one amendment:

The 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was one of the three Reconstruction Amendments which, along with the 13th and 15th, was primarily intended to establish equal civil rights for former slaves. It was passed by Congress on June 13, 1866, and ratified by the states as of July 9, 1868.

The 14th Amendment contained three major provisions:

The Citizenship Clause granted citizenship to All persons born or naturalized in the United States.

The Due Process Clause declared that states may not deny any person "life, liberty or property, without due process of law."

The Equal Protection Clause said that a state may not deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

The amendment also included provisions for determining a states representatives to the federal government, and it contained a number of provisions that applied to officials of the former Confederacy.

The 14th Amendment marked a significant shift in the way the Constitution was applied in America. Prior to its enactment, the individual protections offered by the Bill of Rights were enforceable only against the federal government. The 14th Amendment applied these rights to the states. In so doing, it initiated a flood of litigation to determine the amendments meaning and scopelitigation that continues to this day.

The 14th Amendment is cited in more court cases than any other, often in matters seeking to end discrimination against individuals based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and other statuses. Its long history of litigation traces the struggle for civil and legal rights for all Americans.

Thank you for doing the heavy lifting that I have not been able to do around here because I have been preoccupied with other things. There are Americans who repeatedly deny the existence and impact of the 14th Amendment, an amendment that binds us together, regardless of group, faction, or cult, under the umbrella of the United States Constitution.

That's why I hope this case is heard. As per the OP, there were more Anchor babies born in one city than the combination of 14 states. This is not a minor problem, it's a major problem.

No, it's not a problem at all.

It's actually a good thing, because if we didn't have immigrants, we wouldn't have a labor pool.

White people aren't making babies and when they do, they don't want them growing up to do manual labor.

And that isn't even a new thing. Thing my parents drilled into me growing up was to do well in school so I wouldn't be 'digging a ditch".

Well... someone has to dig those ditches.

That's why I hope this case is heard. As per the OP, there were more Anchor babies born in one city than the combination of 14 states. This is not a minor problem, it's a major problem.

No, it's not a problem at all.

It's actually a good thing, because if we didn't have immigrants, we wouldn't have a labor pool.

White people aren't making babies and when they do, they don't want them growing up to do manual labor.

And that isn't even a new thing. Thing my parents drilled into me growing up was to do well in school so I wouldn't be 'digging a ditch".

Well... someone has to dig those ditches.

Actually being from a construction family, digging ditches pays pretty good money and plenty of Americans doing the job.

Yes, without foreigners we would have a labor pool, it's just that the labor would be more expensive.

Time for that to stop.

Nothing if that's all it guaranteed.

Time for that to stop.

Every racial/ethnic group has it's criminals therefore I don't understand why this particular group of criminals is considered untouchable. I've heard it said that in order for a crime to occur there has to be an element of mena rea which is defined as a "guilty mind"

Ted Cruz was an anchor baby. Deport him?
but he's friends with Trump now.

HIs parents were not illegals in the US. Apples and oranges.

Actually being from a construction family, digging ditches pays pretty good money and plenty of Americans doing the job.

Only because they have a union that makes sure they do...

Yes, without foreigners we would have a labor pool, it's just that the labor would be more expensive.

Which means some things just plain old won't get done.

This is the argument your side makes over the "Fight for $15.00." Well, who do you think is doing those Minimum wage jobs now?

So the good 'ol boys are in charge Ray?

Perhaps that's how you look at it from your myopic view. But by the good guys, I mean constitutionalists.

It depends on your perspective and your point of you.

To my people stripping parents of their babies could be called a crime against humanity. Do your kind it’s OK. Because there are Mexicans. Or they look like Mexicans. What’s the difference? Who cares?

Time for that to stop.

Blacks have be used and abused for the longest time by the Democrat party, it's just they don't realize it because many blacks don't follow politics.

Correct, the 14th was never written for anchor babies, it was written for former slaves and more so, their offspring.

To answer your question, why aren't blacks outraged over Democrats ushering in foreigners to take their jobs? Most of the jobs they take are lower paying jobs that many blacks could be working.

Why didn't the blacks protest over Democrats trying to stop School Vouchers? School Vouchers gave lower income blacks the ability to remove their child from failing public schools and put them in a better quality school where they could actually learn something.

A better question is this...why is there even one food stamp issued, one welfare check generated, even one, when people are pouring over the border to make a living?

Time for that to stop.

Blacks have be used and abused for the longest time by the Democrat party, it's just they don't realize it because many blacks don't follow politics.

Correct, the 14th was never written for anchor babies, it was written for former slaves and more so, their offspring.

To answer your question, why aren't blacks outraged over Democrats ushering in foreigners to take their jobs? Most of the jobs they take are lower paying jobs that many blacks could be working.

Why didn't the blacks protest over Democrats trying to stop School Vouchers? School Vouchers gave lower income blacks the ability to remove their child from failing public schools and put them in a better quality school where they could actually learn something.

A better question is this...why is there even one food stamp issued, one welfare check generated, even one, when people are pouring over the border to make a living?

Illegals don't get that for themselves but they get that stuff for their kids born here or not. Most who come here to live legally are flooding our social programs. That's why I make the case to close off border to everybody.

So the good 'ol boys are in charge Ray?

Perhaps that's how you look at it from your myopic view. But by the good guys, I mean constitutionalists.

It depends on your perspective and your point of you.

To my people stripping parents of their babies could be called a crime against humanity. Do your kind it’s OK. Because there are Mexicans. Or they look like Mexicans. What’s the difference? Who cares?

If that's your stance, then when an American goes to prison, they should leave the kids home alone or lock them up with the parent.

Trump isn't doing anything that DumBama didn't do. In fact, the lying MSM tried to use a picture of kids locked up in pens and insinuate that it was Trump doing it.

Forum List

Back