Now it's a FELONY to write KKK on a window ledge!!!

Looks like a terrorist threat to me.

He didn't decide to engrave "KKK" on the man's window for any other reason than to threaten his victim with an organization KNOWN for terrorist violence.

That's what elevates this crime from mere vandalism to a hate crime.

I can think of far more productive and educational sentences for this hate crime, than putting the guy in prison though.

Putting to the guy to work on dealing minority issues might make better sense.

He might actually understand why what he did was so anti-social if we did something like that.

And isn't THAT the whole point of laws like that, really?

Another attack on free speech in america. Why wasn't Chris Matthews charged with a felony hate crime when he called white people crackers on national tv?

July 10, 2012 12:48PM

Student who scratched

A former Elmhurst College student who scratched “KKK” and a racial slur on a window ledge outside the room of an African-American dorm supervisor was sentenced Tuesday to two years of probation.

Myles Burton, 21, had faced up to five years in prison after being convicted in May of a felony hate crime for the November 2011 vandalism at the college’s Stanger Hall.

DuPage County Judge George Bakalis also ordered Burton to serve 90 days in jail, though he already had served that sentence while awaiting trial.

Prosecutors argued the Libertyville man had been drinking and was angry at a faculty member when he used a rock to scratch the initials and a slur into the window ledge of the 28-year-old dorm supervisor’s room.

Burton, who is appealing his felony conviction, has been expelled from the college

Because of regular church meetings from years ago.

lynching.jpg

Look! They invited some colored folk. Look at Eddie Snicker, he's got a date.

That's the local Democrats in Action club, ain't it??

Another attack on free speech in america. Why wasn't Chris Matthews charged with a felony hate crime when he called white people crackers on national tv?

Student who scratched

A former Elmhurst College student who scratched “KKK” and a racial slur on a window ledge outside the room of an African-American dorm supervisor was sentenced Tuesday to two years of probation.

Myles Burton, 21, had faced up to five years in prison after being convicted in May of a felony hate crime for the November 2011 vandalism at the college’s Stanger Hall.

DuPage County Judge George Bakalis also ordered Burton to serve 90 days in jail, though he already had served that sentence while awaiting trial.

Prosecutors argued the Libertyville man had been drinking and was angry at a faculty member when he used a rock to scratch the initials and a slur into the window ledge of the 28-year-old dorm supervisor’s room.

Burton, who is appealing his felony conviction, has been expelled from the college

Because you are allowed to hate white people.

Student who scratched

This is vandalism not free speech you stupid cock smoker.

FELONY Vandalism????

What if he'd just written "Fuck You"????

"Hate Crime" is such an Orwellian Thought-Police bullshit crime.
:cuckoo:

If he had just put a ten thousand dollar dead or alive bounty on someone's head he would have gotten off scott free.

Student who scratched

This is vandalism not free speech you stupid cock smoker.

a felony hate crime conviction for vandalism? that rocks.

I find it hilarious that the rightwingloons have a cow over what turns out to be basically a slap on the wrist for being an asshole and yet none of them care that a teen in Florida got 162 years in prison for a first offense.

I guess it has something to do with skin color.

I find it hilarious that the rightwingloons have a cow over what turns out to be basically a slap on the wrist for being an asshole and yet none of them care that a teen in Florida got 162 years in prison for a first offense.

share the details. assuming you're able.

Its a crime to threaten people with bodily harm, moron. The phrase 'KKK, ******' carved on the anything - dorm window, door, arm, car - what the fuck ever - of a black person is a clear threat to any reasonable person. The KKK wasn't a group that went around preaching blacks will burn in hell and disrupting their funerals with offensive displays - they were a group that went around murdering blacks pretty much just for being black. If you can't see the difference you're a complete idiot and its good for you there isn't a group going around murdering people for being stupid. If those funeral protesting idiots had ever made any threats to harm anyone they'd be in prison.

The problem with your theory is that the defendent wasn't charged with threatening anyone.

....The value determines the felony status of most crimes involving property...EXCEPT this one!

Actually, since the damage was done to a school property, it only needs to be greater than $300 to be a class 3 felony, punishable by 2 to 5 years. I think carving several things into the sides of buildings probably costs more than $300 to repair correctly, but nonetheless, if it was less than $300 and done to a school, its still a class 4 felony.

Illinois
Illinois General Assembly - Illinois Compiled Statutes

Did you even bother to read Illinois law? If so, you didn't do a very good job of it. I doubt you did, though. Your type tend to just bullshit your way through everything. Whatever sounds right must be the truth, no need to do any real research to check it out. You've watched enough TV so you know what the law says, no need to look it up!
Why don't you point out for the class where ANYTHING in my statement about the felony status of what this dumbass did is wrong in ANY way genius!!!

You can't, because it's NOT!

And no...I don't NEED to read Obamanois law. I know how felony law works for the states. And it IS the same for every state, just where states set triggers are different. So if you think Illinois is some special case...YOU need to do a little readin'!

The question is STILL...why we really need to pass laws that make things illegal that are ALREADY ILLEGAL? Is it really to correct some wrong or just to sooth tortured, self loathing liberal sensibilities?

Partly it's that which gets the kind of morons who pass these laws supported by liberals I'd guess, but more likely just an attempt to buy the votes of some minority group or the other by fringe politicians and the spineless, go along to get alongs who are too frightened to stand up against special interest!

That's the local Democrats in Action club, ain't it??

You know what Guy, if that picture was taken in the south...and if I remember right, it was...80% of those folks in that picture who voted WERE democrats.

Democrats RULED the south completely until the last 20 years or so. So much so that you had to be a registered democrat to get a job with the government and contribute to the DNC to keep it! FACT!

Last edited:

Please post the case if you want an opinion, don't just ASSume you know. 162 years for a first offense seems out of line, did he kill a cop or something?

Student who scratched

But it's fine for the Black Panther's to stand outside a polling place with billy clubs on election day intimidating white voters. Gotcha! Just wanted to be clear.

There were two (2) black panthers outside a polling place. Do you have evidence they intimidated white voters? If a white voter had been assaulted or battered you might have point. If a white voter had not voted because in their mind they felt threatened, that is on them.

Of course the photo above of two black men hanging from a tree, and a bunch of crackers enjoying the spectacle doesn't seem to bother you - what conclusion might I draw from those facts about your character?

I suppose you also support voter suppression, the effort by the GOP in the states to prevent 'voter fraud' - another made up pile of bullshit, bullshit necessary because the GOP is no longer relevant and needs to use fictions, hate, fear, lies, half-truths, rumors and innuendos to garner votes.

F'n morons.

But it's fine for the Black Panther's to stand outside a polling place with billy clubs on election day intimidating white voters. Gotcha! Just wanted to be clear.

There were two (2) black panthers outside a polling place. Do you have evidence they intimidated white voters? If a white voter had been assaulted or battered you might have point. If a white voter had not voted because in their mind they felt threatened, that is on them.

Of course the photo above of two black men hanging from a tree, and a bunch of crackers enjoying the spectacle doesn't seem to bother you - what conclusion might I draw from those facts about your character?

I suppose you also support voter suppression, the effort by the GOP in the states to prevent 'voter fraud' - another made up pile of bullshit, bullshit necessary because the GOP is no longer relevant and needs to use fictions, hate, fear, lies, half-truths, rumors and innuendos to garner votes.

F'n morons.

Voter intimidation doesn't require physical assault, idiot.

A bunch of DEMOCRAT crackers, idiot.

You missed the headline about almost 10% of Penn. voters are fraudulent? Idiot.

Its a crime to threaten people with bodily harm, moron. The phrase 'KKK, ******' carved on the anything - dorm window, door, arm, car - what the fuck ever - of a black person is a clear threat to any reasonable person. The KKK wasn't a group that went around preaching blacks will burn in hell and disrupting their funerals with offensive displays - they were a group that went around murdering blacks pretty much just for being black. If you can't see the difference you're a complete idiot and its good for you there isn't a group going around murdering people for being stupid. If those funeral protesting idiots had ever made any threats to harm anyone they'd be in prison.

The problem with your theory is that the defendent wasn't charged with threatening anyone.
You are correct, that theory is wrong.

In fact he was charged with criminal damage to property - which, under Illinois state law,is a felony when the property is a school

Crime is crime hate crime is to subjective and never properly used when whites are victims.

How the fuck would you know?

Because THIS wasn't prosecuted as a 'hate crime', Moron!!
A 13-year-old Kansas City boy is back home after two teenagers poured gasoline on him and lit him on fire. It happened Tuesday at the teen’s home on Quincy Avenue, just down the street from Kansas City’s East High School. The boy lives less than two blocks away from the school and was walking home when the attack happened. Melissa Coon said her son turned from the school’s stadium onto Quincy Avenue and noticed two teenagers following him. She said the teens followed her son home and attacked him outside his front door. “And they rushed him on the porch as he tried to get the door open,” she said. “(One of them) poured the gasoline, then flicked the Bic, and said, ‘This is what you deserve. You get what you deserve, white boy’.”

Forum List

Back