Now Bush Says War About Oil

I don't know, I don't see why Bush would go to war solely for oil. It is a big factor in international politics, and we certainly can't allow it to fall into the hands of terrorists, especially an amount as large as Iraq's. Seems to me that Bush was merely being pragmatic.

I don't know, I don't see why Bush would go to war solely for oil. It is a big factor in international politics, and we certainly can't allow it to fall into the hands of terrorists, especially an amount as large as Iraq's. Seems to me that Bush was merely being pragmatic.

Careful - you're being 'reasonable'. Liberals can't handle that. :)

Putting aside the fact that he is talking about why it would be a bad idea to pull out versus a reason we went to war, do you think we should pull out and leave the oil revenue to the terrorists? If not what is the big Dem plan for Iraq? We've been waiting weeks now to hear the plan...:sleepy1:

You haven't been waiting for any such thing. You've been told over and over again what has to be done. You're just not listening. They need to be given a time limit to achieve a political solution to the sectarian fighting. Then the sunni and shi'a have to agree on how to split oil revenue.

And no... Bush is pulling it out his butt once again to continue to justify his failed policy. :smoke:

You haven't been waiting for any such thing. You've been told over and over again what has to be done. You're just not listening. They need to be given a time limit to achieve a political solution to the sectarian fighting. Then the sunni and shi'a have to agree on how to split oil revenue.

Reminds me of a frazzled mother hanging over her arguing kids shouting, "You better stop fighting... or ELSE! I MEAN it! I really do!"

As opposed to the mother who just takes out the paddle and gives the kids a REASON to stop fighting.

You haven't been waiting for any such thing. You've been told over and over again what has to be done. You're just not listening. They need to be given a time limit to achieve a political solution to the sectarian fighting.

Uh yea...how is a time limit going to achieve a political solution to the sectarian fighting? If we say "Feb 2007!", they will just stop all sectarian fighting?
Yup, thats a great "plan".....

Then the sunni and shi'a have to agree on how to split oil revenue.
How exactly are American politicians (Dem or Rep) going to force Sunni and Shi'a to agree on anything?

I'm in that small minority that believes securing foriegn oil supplies is a good thing. Neither side likes me very much for holding that position.

I like you for it. It seems reasonable to me. We need oil why not ensure its not in the hands of terrorists?

I'm in that small minority that believes securing foriegn oil supplies is a good thing. Neither side likes me very much for holding that position.

I believe we should be doing that too. Hopefully if and when we go to war with Iran we will just carpet bomb them and seize the oil fields for ourselves.

I don't think we need to secure Iranian oil supplies. Between the oil we get from Saudia Arabia, Canada, Iraq, Mexico, and our domestic production there is more than enough to meet our needs for the next 2 or 3 decades.

And no... Bush is pulling it out his butt once again to continue to justify his failed policy. :smoke:

A timetable ????:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Please, even the dem talking points don't even try that one anymore. Just admit it--NO PLAN!

Uh yea...how is a time limit going to achieve a political solution to the sectarian fighting? If we say "Feb 2007!", they will just stop all sectarian fighting?
Yup, thats a great "plan".....

And if we stay indefinitely they're going to just stop fighting?

Yup... that's a great "plan".

How many of our people have to die because they can't get along with each other and we stirred up the hornets' nest by going in.

How exactly are American politicians (Dem or Rep) going to force Sunni and Shi'a to agree on anything?

I don't particularly care if they do or they don't. They cut a deal or blow each other up...makes me no nevermind.

FWIW, I do think we should secure the oil fields... so 'bout how long should that take?

dilloduck said:
A timetable ???? Please, even the dem talking points don't even try that one anymore. Just admit it--NO PLAN
Here are the points I've seen from most Democrats other than scaled withdrawal.
1. Implement the 9/11 Commission recommendations.
2. Increase soldier's pay to encourage enlistment.
3. Provide body and HUMVEE armor to all us troops.
4. Ensure that the Iraqi government is able to stand on its own.
5. Listen to the generals

More than I've seen from the Republicans

Here are the points I've seen from most Democrats other than scaled withdrawal.
1. Implement the 9/11 Commission recommendations.
2. Increase soldier's pay to encourage enlistment.
3. Provide body and HUMVEE armor to all us troops.
4. Ensure that the Iraqi government is able to stand on its own.
5. Listen to the generals

More than I've seen from the Republicans

You're banging your head against a wall. Their talking points tell them they're supposed to say there's no plan. They don't know how to respond otherwise. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back