Now Bush Says War About Oil

So much for an intelligent debate of the topic.:smoke:

I was actually enjoying the topic... till someone decided to be cute and not address the issue. I only give as good as I get. If someone wants to debate this, I'm perfectly happy to. I don't insult people first but no one should think their debate posture can start with insults and they're not going to get it back. :tank:

Typical right-winger... distort the conversation. Yutz...

Distorting the conversation is it? You post a topic bitching about something you KNOW isn't true and I call you on it...and I'm "distorting the conversation" eh?

Here's you:

The President said we went to WAR FOR OIL!!

here's me
No he didn't.

Here's you

I know he didn't REALLY say it.

here's me

then why post as you did?

here's you

Stop distorting the discussion!!

Jillian - your credibility is in a nose-dive, deary. :)

Bully, You havent established that the President has lied about anything. Ive been here years and you still havent jack squat that the President has lied about. Of course, I dont think you ever will.

<blockquote>Claim:
"You can't distinguish between al-Qaeda and Saddam.” [Source: White House Web site]"

Fact:
"Three former Bush Administration officials who worked on intelligence and national security issues said the prewar evidence tying Al Qaeda was tenuous, exaggerated and often at odds with the conclusions of key intelligence agencies.” - National Journal, 8/9/03"</blockquote>

<blockquote>Claim:
"The Iraqi regime possesses biological and chemical weapons…And according to the British government, the Iraqi regime could launch a biological or chemical attack in as little as 45 minutes.” [Source: White House Web site]"

Fact:
"Iraq did not have a large, ongoing, centrally controlled chemical weapons program after 1991. Information found to date suggests that Iraq's large-scale capability to develop, produce, and fill new CW munitions was reduced - if not entirely destroyed - during Operations Desert Storm and Desert Fox, 13 years of UN sanctions and UN inspections.” - Bush Administration Weapons Inspector David Kay, 10/2/03"</blockquote>

And, as recent events have shown us, there were no WMD's in Iraq.

<blockquote>Claim:
"Iraq [is] the central front in the war on terror.” - UN speech [White House Web site]"

Fact:
"Knight-Ridder reported that experts now say the Iraq war is diverting resources from war on terror. Specifically, a growing number of counter-terrorism experts are questioning whether the U.S. invasion of Iraq has hurt rather than helped the global battle against al Qaeda. Republican and Democratic experts are increasingly suggesting that the Iraq war has diverted momentum, troops and intelligence resources from the worldwide campaign to destroy the remnants of al Qaeda. Similarly, the U.S. Army War College reported that the Iraq war diverted attention and resources away from the security of the American homeland against further assault by an undeterrable al Qaeda. - Knight-Ridder, 11/26/03; BBC, 1/13/04"</blockquote>

<blockquote>Claim:
"All governments that support terror are complicit in a war against civilization.” - UN Speech [Source: White House Web site]"

Fact:
"The Administration continues its close ties with the Saudis despite the findings of a bipartisan commission investigating 9/11. The commission found the Saudi government not only provided significant money and aid to the suicide hijackers but also allowed potentially hundreds of millions of dollars to flow to Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups through suspect charities and other fronts.” - LA Times, 8/2/03"</blockquote>

<blockquote>Claim:
"We have led, many have joined, and America and the world are safer.” [Source: White House web site] "

Fact:
"Correcting an inaccurate report, the State Department announced Tuesday that acts of terror worldwide increased slightly last year and the number of people wounded rose dramatically.” - USA Today, 6/23/04

The occupation of Iraq has helped al-Qaeda recruit more members, according to the London-based International Institute for Strategic Studies...The institute says the war in Iraq has focused the energies and resources of al-Qaeda and its followers, while diluting those of the global counter-terrorism coalition. - BBC, 5/25/04 "</blockquote>

I could go on, but the lies are so numerous that it would be far easier to to discuss what he hasn't lied about...His height...his eye-color...his age...

WHAT THE HELL....???
......You all just won......What's your bitch, Now...
Just do as you all have been calling on doing.....
Cut the funding, admit defeat on this lost cause, and get on with it.......
Isn't that the very first order of business??????
So move on with it.......
Feel proud, stand tall, go with your head held high....
Don't worry about the rest of us Americans, that had some pride left....
March on, walk over.......
Your all heady with a win...
Do something exciting, show your courage, you spine, your COMPASSION......

I'm pretty sure the men and women in uniform will thank the hell out of all you compassionate liberals for saving their face, in defeat.......(oh how would I know that, I only work for them.....)
No fucking problem......
Move on with it....
It's what we are all waiting for, with bated breath.........

Sheeesh, we really don't need to continue this argument anymore, do we???

March onward.........You all save us, from ourselves.

:tears1::salute:

WHAT THE HELL....???
Just do as you all have been calling on doing.....Cut the funding, admit defeat on this lost cause, and get on with it.......
.Do something exciting, show your courage, you spine, your COMPASSION......

I'm pretty sure the men and women in uniform will thank the hell out of all you compassionate liberals for saving their face, in defeat.......(oh how would I know that, I only work for them.....)
No fucking problem......
Move on with it....

:tears1:

S'matter, Steffie? You ticked off that you've been shown how out of the mainstream you are? Or you just cranky that the country decided they don't want your prez to go unchecked any more and they've had enough?

Your sour grapes are showing. :baby:

WHAT THE HELL....???
Just do as you all have been calling on doing.....Cut the funding, admit defeat on this lost cause, and get on with it.......
.Do something exciting, show your courage, you spine, your COMPASSION......

No fucking problem......
Move on with it....

:tears1:

The Dems have won, but if I am willing to bet the kook left like Bully will just as angry at them as he is at Pres Bush
The freshmen Dems are more like Joe Lieberman who will vote to raise the minimum wage, but not to impeach. They will not vote to cut off funding for the Iraw war, and now Nancy Pelosi (and Harry Reid) will actually have to come up with solutions and get off the Hate Bush bandwagon

Pelosi made it clear already that there's not going to be an impeachment....

do try again..... and while you're at it, try reading something that has some real news in it ... and try reading it with comprehension.

Your type is what got rejected last night... luckily most of the country seems to understand exactly what you are.

Pelosi made it clear already that there's not going to be an impeachment....

do try again..... and while you're at it, try reading something that has some real news in it ... and try reading it with comprehension.

Your type is what got rejected last night... luckily most of the country seems to understand exactly what you are.

Please tell John Conyers that. He is still floating his impeachment motion among his fellow Bush haters

As I said, the freshmen Dems would not support it.

Please tell John Conyers that. He is still floating his impeachment motion among his fellow Bush haters

As I said, the freshmen Dems would not support it.

You having trouble with this concept? Pelosi said at least a month ago, there would be no impeachment. Who cares what one congressman does?

Not that your guy doesn't deserve it... but it wouldn't be good for the country. Some of us actually think about that stuff... pity that Henry Hyde and the boys didn't give it the same consideration.

WHAT THE HELL....???
Just do as you all have been calling on doing.....
Cut the funding, admit defeat on this lost cause, and get on with it.......
Do something exciting, show your courage, you spine, your COMPASSION......

I'm pretty sure the men and women in uniform will thank the hell out of all you compassionate liberals for saving their face, in defeat.......(oh how would I know that, I only work for them.....)No fucking problem......
Move on with it....

:salute:

Is this, what they think of our Military......Sour Grapes....
I never once said anything about President Bush...
All I stated is to go ahead and choose to not fund the Military anymore....
That's their idea of getting them out of Iraq isn't it.......
.Just like Vietman...

I was speaking for the military I work for....

Then I get this stupid and childish reply...
below.....

Shutter, Steffie? You ticked off that you've been shown how out of the mainstream you are? Or you just cranky that the country decided they don't want your prez to go unchecked any more and they've had enough?

Your sour grapes are showing. :baby:

I'm not sure......But I think that person, Jilley, is an adult???
But now that I think about it, probably not...
High school, is my guess...

Even when he wins Chris Matthews acts like a sore loser.

And libs try to say he is a conservative?

Chris Matthews Depressed Democrat Harold Ford Goes Down
Posted by Matthew Sheffield on November 8, 2006 - 00:34.
At 12:33 ET, a very reluctant Chris Matthews gave an update on the Tennessee Senate race, unwilling to call the vote (even though it was complete) for Republican Bob Corker. He was overruled from the control room, but still was clearly disheartened that Tennesseans did not vote his way.

Even after being corrected, Matthews continued to express skepticism that the Republican had defeated his preferred fellow Democrat.

We just got word now that the count is complete now in Tennesee and we're not making any projections yet officially as NBC now but as you can see up on the board now [pauses as screen comes up showing Corker projection]

Well we are I guess right now. NBC is--we're projecting that Bob Corker has beated [sic] Harold Ford Jr. after a very, very courageous [voice trails off] It's an apparent winner rather than a projection.

That's right. We're going now on final count here. We've got all the votes counted and he's got the most of them right now. So that's not a projection, it's a statement of reporting.

Look at those numbers right now. Looks like a close one. We'll see as the evening projects, uh, further on, we'll be able to make a full projection later on.

Matthews: 'Fantastic' if Dems Win, 'Damn' Rich Getting All the Money
Posted by Brad Wilmouth on November 8, 2006 - 03:25.
A Freudian slip from Chris Matthews? About 7:36 pm EST during MSNBC's election night coverage, Matthews was interviewing Chuck Todd of the National Journal, who predicted that if Democrats gained 25 to 30 House seats, it would also mean a Democratic Senate takeover. As Matthews began his response, he proclaimed "that'll be fantastic news. It'll be huge news, I should say," as he went on to say President Bush would have to negotiate his policies with Congress. Matthews: "President George W. Bush, having to actually negotiate every aspect of national policy, including the war in Iraq."

A few minutes later, Matthews chose the words "the damn rich" as he described some of the "populist" sentiments of some Americans angry about the rich making too much money. Matthews: "Every time you ask people questions now, they don't just say I'd like to make more money at work, I'd like to have a higher salary, I'd like to have some break on tuition for the kids, they're saying the damn rich are getting all the money." Matthews went on to mention "Halliburton" and "the rich grabbing it" as reasons some Americans say "we're not doing so well." (Transcript follows)

Video clip of Matthews making his "fantastic" outburst (30 secs): Real (900 KB) or Windows Media (1.1 MB), plus MP3 audio (175 KB)

Below are transcripts of the two relevant portions from MSNBC's November 7 election night coverage:

Chuck Todd, National Journal: "I'm still believing, and I think our line here is about 25 or 30 House seats. If it gets over 25 or 30 House seats, you're going to see six Senate seats. I don't think you're going to see four Senate seats and 30 House seats for the Democrats."

Chris Matthews, about 7:36 pm: "Well, that'll be fantastic news. It'll be huge news, I should say, because if that happens, then we have a government run by the Democrats and executive branch run by the Republicans, President George W. Bush, having to actually negotiate every aspect of national policy, including the war in Iraq, right Chuck?"

Matthews, about 7:39 pm: "And it could be that populist instinct I keep finding in the polling, Howard. I want you to check Gene and I on that, which is every time you ask people questions now, they don't just say I'd like to make more money at work, I'd like to have a higher salary, I'd like to have some break on tuition for the kids, they're saying the damn rich are getting all the money. There's a real anger out there you're seeing, it shows up in discussions of foreign trade, all kinds of ways, the rich are grabbing it, Halliburton, the big shot insider taking the money away from us, that's why we're not doing so well."

Matthews Trumpets 'Amazing Moment' of Pelosi Next to Cheney's 'Fire Hydrant Build'
Posted by Brent Baker on November 8, 2006 - 01:24.
Just after 11pm EST Tuesday night, MSNBC's Chris Matthews celebrated how Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House, a likelihood following the Democratic takeover of that body, will be “a great opportunity for her and a great opportunity for women” and an “amazing moment” when at the next State of the Union address she'll be “the incredibly interesting person” next to Dick Cheney with his “fire hydrant build” and “very distinguished snarl.” Matthews told Keith Olbermann, his co-anchor:

"I think it's a great opportunity for her and a great opportunity for women. I think one of the most stunning, most iconic pictures we'll see on television in the next year is the State of the Union address, where you have Dick Cheney, who has got that sort of, you know, fire hydrant build sitting there with that very distinguished snarl of his, and then this incredibly interesting person next, a woman, first time ever sitting behind the President sharing power with the American government. It's going to be an amazing moment.”
Matthews continued his speculation:

“And the question she has to decide as she takes on this role is, is she going to be a leader of the House, or the a leader of the Democrats. She has to be both. But that leader of the House role is very important. She cannot just be a Democratic leader. She has to represent every member of that House, and that's a very difficult role. Some people have been able to play it over the years -- Sam Rayburn, I think Tip O'Neill, some of the others, and some others have just been simply political leaders.”

http://newsbusters.org/

You having trouble with this concept? Pelosi said at least a month ago, there would be no impeachment. Who cares what one congressman does?

Not that your guy doesn't deserve it... but it wouldn't be good for the country. Some of us actually think about that stuff... pity that Henry Hyde and the boys didn't give it the same consideration.

Or the 40 some Dems who signed his bill?

The MoveOn.org kooks are not going to like these conservative Democrats and it will be interesting to see if they turn on them as they did Lieberman

Forum List

Back