Now Bush Says War About Oil

I'm not going to be your monkey - you know full well of whom I'm speaking. You crave attention, lass.

Honey, I wouldn't have a clue who you're speaking about cause near as I can tell, most of them want us to get the heck out.... The "insurgents" and all that, assuming that's who we're taking about.. .they'll keep making more.

So either be more specific or give up the kill them all stuff. It's unseemly.

As for attention, baby.... near as I can tell we're chatting on a messageboard. You wanna talk about attention-junkies, I can give ya about half dozen names... none of them mine.... so do kindly piss off. ;)

Jillian - Do you have the stones? Do you have the maturity and the honesty enough to admit you KNOW full-well Bush's comment was NOT saying "We went to IRAQ BECAUSE of the oil"?

I'm thinking you'll find it in yourself. It's like I'm Luke, and you're Darth Vader. I know there is still GOOD in you. I know you can be brought-back from the DARK side.

Jillian - Do you have the stones? Do you have the maturity and the honesty enough to admit you KNOW full-well Bush's comment was NOT saying "We went to IRAQ BECAUSE of the oil"?

I'm thinking you'll find it in yourself. It's like I'm Luke, and you're Darth Vader. I know there is still GOOD in you. I know you can be brought-back from the DARK side.

Darin, I think he keeps changing the goal posts. And it doesn't matter what he says.. I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of his mouth or the mouth of anyone else in this admin if their tongues were notarized.

And for the record, I think he meant we went there FOR oil as much as Kerry meant the troops were stupid.... ;)

I'm not the one from the dark side.... though I think there's good in you, too. :dance:

Good, bad, who gives a shit.

In case you silly ass liberals haven't figured it out yet, WE ARE AT WAR.

Wrap your minds around THAT.

I know its a chore, I know you resist at every opportunity, but it is the TRUTH.

All we ever hear from the left is pie in the sky, "I wish it wasn't so", "We just need to get a long", if only we would talk to them", "its their country after all", if we just leave them to their own destiny", " if only we could get over the murder of 3000 American lives", etc., etc., etc..

You people are just plain dumb, and obviously don't, and haven't lived in the real world for any extented time.

Here, take a pasifier, and suck, till yer brains are tomorrow's menu.:baby:

Good, bad, who gives a shit.

In case you silly ass liberals haven't figured it out yet, WE ARE AT WAR.

Wrap your minds around THAT.

I know its a chore, I know you resist at every opportunity, but it is the TRUTH.

All we ever hear from the left is pie in the sky, "I wish it wasn't so", "We just need to get a long", if only we would talk to them", "its their country after all", if we just leave them to their own destiny", " if only we could get over the murder of 3000 American lives", etc., etc., etc..

You people are just plain dumb, and obviously don't, and haven't lived in the real world for any extented time.

Here, take a pasifier, and suck, till yer brains are tomorrow's menu.:baby:

I'm really not certain who you're talking to, though I hope you got it off your chest.

I think we should have pummelled the taliban. Invading Iraq was like going after Mexico after the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.

FWIW, you don't get to start a war of adventure and then use it as an excuse for why you need to continue the war of adventure..... particularly when you don't know how to run it once you're there. And if everyone who thinks your boy screwed up is "dumb", that includes most of the country, the generals from the military, military commentators, Richard Perl, Colin Powell... etc, etc, etc... somehow I don't think you're smarter than they are.

But if you're not done whining, please keep this for yourself. :baby:

I'm really not certain who you're talking to, though I hope you got it off your chest.

I think we should have pummelled the taliban. Invading Iraq was like going after Mexico after the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.

FWIW, you don't get to start a war of adventure and then use it as an excuse for why you need to continue the war of adventure..... particularly when you don't know how to run it once you're there. And if everyone who thinks your boy screwed up is "dumb", that includes most of the country, the generals from the military, military commentators, Richard Perl, Colin Powell... etc, etc, etc... somehow I don't think you're smarter than they are.

But if you're not done whining, please keep this for yourself. :baby:

Oh, I think you KNOW full well whom I'm talking too.

"WAR OF ADVENTURE", that's rich, and where exactly do YOU come up with such a lame ass title for this war, that has cost almost 6000 American lives?

"Don't know how to run it"? I'd say its been run pretty damn well. We kicked the shit out of one of the worlds largest army's in lest than 30 days. Established a government, and held FREE ELECTIONS. WTF do you call that, ham on rye?

Its NOT a matter if I'm smarter than YOU, Colin Powell, or Richard Perl, you sanctimonious ass, its weather its the time in history when it NEEDS to be done.

If it were left up to you ass wipes, we'd all being praying to Allah, and our women folk would be wearing veils.

Grow up..........And save the :baby: for yourself, you'll be needin' it.:shocked1:

Oh, I think you KNOW full well whom I'm talking too.

And I pointed out that I don't fit your assessment.

"WAR OF ADVENTURE", that's rich, and where exactly do YOU come up with such a lame ass title for this war, that has cost almost 6000 American lives?

That's all it is and all it was... by the by... we've lost 3,000 soldiers, not 6,000.

Official DoD Count of Troops Killed in Iraq: 2817
Troops Killed in Afghanistan: 340
Wounded in Action: 22427

http://optruth.org/index.php

"Don't know how to run it"? I'd say its been run pretty damn well.

Then you'd be one of the few. See Richard Perle's comments ... and he was one of the architects of this little funfest.

We kicked the shit out of one of the worlds largest army's in lest than 30 days.

And then what???

And how well-equipped was that army? Did they fight or run?

Established a government, and held FREE ELECTIONS. WTF do you call that, ham on rye?

Iraq has had five leaders... they've voted for one. And it isn't our job to force democracy down anyone's throat.

Its NOT a matter if I'm smarter than YOU, Colin Powell, or Richard Perl, you sanctimonious ass, its weather its the time in history when it NEEDS to be done.

Who's a sanctimonious ass... I'm not the one who called YOU dumb, remember. So don't go getting all cranky when I respond by showing you that the smart folk who know their stuff in this area (and whose words I trust, unlike your admin's) think this is... how did Richard Perle say it? Oh yeah... a "disaster". You have a quarrel with that, take it up with him since he's one of the guys who got us into it.

Whether it needed to be done is, indeed, the crux of the issue. It didn't.. it was a war of choice.

If it were left up to you ass wipes, we'd all being praying to Allah, and our women folk would be wearing veils.

What a bunch of crap.... whaaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaaa... you don't agree with me, so you must love terrorists... you're an ass.

Grow up..........And save the :baby: for yourself, you'll be needin' it.:shocked1:

yawn.....

Avatar has exposed your pathic little attempt to misrepresent the truth. Liberals are screaming it's ALL about oil ( "no blood for oil", etc). Now that Bush has stated that oil supply is a concern that should be considered in the WOT, you attempt to imply he is "admitting" it was the ONLY reason that we invaded Iraq.:bsflag:

That was TOO easy. I want someone to come on here and explain just why oil supply SHOULDN'T be considered in the WOT, and current events in the Middle East in general.

Last I checked, we do not have an alternative fuel source on the shelf waiting for the right moment to be released.

That was TOO easy. I want someone to come on here and explain just why oil supply SHOULDN'T be considered in the WOT, and current events in the Middle East in general.

I think securing oil is a good enough reason to at least flex your muscles, after all it has a huge affect on the world economy and therefore the standard of living. Two things though: 1) Dubya has never said it was about oil; 2) if you really want oil prices to go up, make the region less stable.

What do you think the affect of the invasion of Iraq did to the stability of the region? Increase it or decrease it?

I think securing oil is a good enough reason to at least flex your muscles, after all it has a huge affect on the world economy and therefore the standard of living. Two things though: 1) Dubya has never said it was about oil; 2) if you really want oil prices to go up, make the region less stable.

What do you think the affect of the invasion of Iraq did to the stability of the region? Increase it or decrease it?

President Bush has repeatedly said it wasn't about oil in the context of the US stealing Iraq's oil, a regularly-scheduled accusation from the left since the invasion.

Anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows our interest in the Middle East is the oil supply, and it shouldn't need saying. What else would we be interested in? Sand and rocks?

The stability of the region hasn't changed much, IMO since Iraq was invaded. Iran's pursuit of enriching uranium has done more to destabilize the area than anything else.

President Bush has repeatedly said it wasn't about oil in the context of the US stealing Iraq's oil, a regularly-scheduled accusation from the left since the invasion.

Anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows our interest in the Middle East is the oil supply, and it shouldn't need saying. What else would we be interested in? Sand and rocks?.

I agree of course, but I disagree that it doesn't need to be said. In fact, I think it was purposefully left unsaid because of the negative connotations. What's the best reason for the public at large: To go after someone who supposedly is a clear and present danger, and therefore could harm you directly; or to go after somebody to try and stabilise the regions oil supplies (and therefore Joe Average thinking they are going to war to help the rich get richer)?

The stability of the region hasn't changed much, IMO since Iraq was invaded. Iran's pursuit of enriching uranium has done more to destabilize the area than anything else.

I couldn't disagree more...

I agree of course, but I disagree that it doesn't need to be said. In fact, I think it was purposefully left unsaid because of the negative connotations. What's the best reason for the public at large: To go after someone who supposedly is a clear and present danger, and therefore could harm you directly; or to go after somebody to try and stabilise the regions oil supplies (and therefore Joe Average thinking they are going to war to help the rich get richer)?

While it may help the rich get richer, ti also puts affordable fuel in EVERYONE's vehicles. This Nation's oil supply is a National interest, not just a way for oilmen to expand their bank accounts.

I couldn't disagree more...

Explain.

I think the invasion led to the area being more unstable. It has drawn a lot of radicals to the cause, and i think one of the main reasons Iran is getting all het up with its nuclear options is due to their own insecurity due to the invasion...

While it may help the rich get richer, ti also puts affordable fuel in EVERYONE's vehicles. This Nation's oil supply is a National interest, not just a way for oilmen to expand their bank accounts.

You're right of course, but perception is everything....

I think the invasion led to the area being more unstable. It has drawn a lot of radicals to the cause, and i think one of the main reasons Iran is getting all het up with its nuclear options is due to their own insecurity due to the invasion...

But you are speaking of Iraq, not the region. The radicals were always in the region. The region .. Southwest Asia ... is pretty much as it was with the exception of the global threat of a nuclear Iran.

I don't see the insecurity thing. Iran has been more than willing to thumb its nose at us since 1979. It is my opinion the radical Muslims who control Iran and its military are moer than willing to face annihilation in order to launch a nuke or two at Israel or the US. It's just suicide bombing on a larger scale.

You're right of course, but perception is everything....

especially when one is willing to ignore the truth in favor of partisanship.

Forum List

Back