Now a postiive word about Ron Paul

Liability

Locked Account.
Jun 28, 2009
Mansion in Ravi's Head
I have VERY mixed feelings about Ron Paul.

I saw a Drudge headline a little while ago and assumed that Ron was just wandering over in crazy-ville again. He was saying that we "WILL" default when the whole battle is over finding a way to properly prevent such an economic disaster.

Then, out of mostly idle curiosity, I skimmed his message.

Holy Mother of God, the guy is actually right on the mark.

Ron Paul: "We Will Default Because The Debt Is Unsustainable" | RealClearPolitics

The debt IS unsustainable. But that doesn't mean we have to default. But what Ron Paul is saying is more highly nuanced:

"When a country is indebted to the degree that we’re indebted, the country always defaults. We will default because the debt is unsustainable," Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) said on the House floor today.

"If we don’t understand this, this default will not be because we don't send out the checks. We will send out the checks. It will be defaulted on because people will get their money back, or they will get their Social Security checks and it won't buy anything."

We won't default by declining to send out payments as due. We will, most likely, if we don't immediately fix this huge problem, proceed to "pay" the bills with nearly worthless dollars. We will all end up with money but it will, in effect, be valueless money.

Last edited:
Perhaps that will raise the price of imports so that we will once again start making consumer items here in the USA?

Many different economic angles coming up in our near future, and most of them are bad.

I have VERY mixed feelings about Ron Paul.

I saw a Drudge headline a little while ago and assumed that Ron was just wandering over in crazy-ville again. He was saying that we "WILL" default when the whole battle is over finding a way to properly prevent such an economic disaster.

Then, out of mostly idle curiosity, I skimmed his message.

Holy Mother of God, the guy is actually right on the mark.

Ron Paul: "We Will Default Because The Debt Is Unsustainable" | RealClearPolitics

The debt IS unsustainable. But that doesn't mean we have to default. But what Ron Paul is saying is more highly nuanced:

"When a country is indebted to the degree that we’re indebted, the country always defaults. We will default because the debt is unsustainable," Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) said on the House floor today.

"If we don’t understand this, this default will not be because we don't send out the checks. We will send out the checks. It will be defaulted on because people will get their money back, or they will get their Social Security checks and it won't buy anything."

We won't default by declining to send out payments as due. We will, most likely, if we don't immediately fix this huge problem, proceed to "pay" the bills with nearly worthless dollars. We will all end up with money but it will, in effect, be valueless money.
Inflation? Here we are.

Inlfation here we have been.
The median wage earner today earns what they did in 1969 considering inflation.
I am not talking about average income but avg wages earned.
A few wall street bonuses skews the heck out of average income.

Been tellin' youse guys.....

Yep I was tellin them back in the 80's when Reagan was running up the debt.
But "Reagan proved the defecit does not matter".
Ron paul was one of the few republicans complaining about Bush II spending like a drunken sailor.
this problem is not just Obama's problem but has been building for over 30 years.

We went from a creditor to debtor nation under Reagan.

Last edited:
Luckily there is an option for you deppressed maniacs.

225px-Suicide_Booth.jpg

You have indeed been telling us that Dr. Paul is "right."

He sometimes is not.

He is sometimes a bit of a kook.

On the other hand, when he is right, he tends to be full-throated and right-on-the-mark right.

I have also been telling anyone who cares to listen that we have an urgent obligation to address our spending addiction and fix our addiction to spending massive amounts of money we don't have (and have no real hope of obtaining). I see that Dr. Paul is very much on the mark on that.

Good for him and good for you, too, Oddball.

Yep I was tellin them back in the 80's when Reagan was running up the debt.
But "Reagan proved the defecit does not matter".
Ron paul was one of the few republicans complaining about Bush II spending like a drunken sailor.
this problem is not just Obama's problem but has been building for over 30 years.

We went from a creditor to debtor nation under Reagan.
Only because Reagan's model exchanged 12+% inflation and 20+% interest rates for that debt....And the democratics were all too happy to go along with kicking the can down the road.

That's not excusing anyone...Just pointing out the inescapable facts...Again.

I respect Ron more than most politicians. He stands up for what he believes and is quite realistic in several areas.
He is however a kook on some angles..

His son does not even merit mention though.

Dynastical politics suck about as bad as dynastical evangelistic empires.

Is Ron going to have a blimp again?

I really would like to see Ron Paul VS Obama in a debate... It would be 100% ownt. No BS, Ron tells it like it is and more than that he can get into detail on why it's that way and how we can fix it. Ron Paul ain't out to buy votes like pretty much every other politician running for president atm.

I do think Ron Paul could beat Obama, I don't make predictions but I do think RP would hold a strong enough base while stealing votes from Dems while taking the majority of the independent vote. That is just my opinion and it means nothing.

I respect Ron more than most politicians. He stands up for what he believes and is quite realistic in several areas.

Just a question, if Ron and Obama were up in 2012, would you vote for RP or...?

And for the record I might seem like a crazy Ron Paul fan but I won't donate to him until he wins something or places very well... Until I see something showing he has a chance I will not invest.

Just a question, if Ron and Obama were up in 2012, would you vote for RP or...?

I have already decided not to vote for Obama, but I would not vote for Ron either.

I would vote for Jon Streart though.
He would be worth some laughs at least and I do not think that any one president will fix things unless congress gets it's collective head out of it's ass.
And that goes for the US public as well, we have not learned a damn thing from this recession yet.

Last edited:

He sometimes is not.

On the other hand, when he is right, he tends to be full-throated and right-on-the-mark right.

I have also been telling anyone who cares to listen that we have an urgent obligation to address our spending addiction and fix our addiction to spending massive amounts of money we don't have (and have no real hope of obtaining). I see that Dr. Paul is very much on the mark on that.

He is always a bit of a kook, but he is often right. The problem is that he is so kooky most people miss it, like you almost did.

He sometimes is not.

He is always a bit of a kook, but he is often right. The problem is that he is so kooky most people miss it, like you almost did.

I'm not sure I'd put it that way.

But it isn't all that far off.

Forum List

Back