Zone1 Novus ordo Catholics... don't you find this extremely ODD (about your "Church")?

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022
First of all, I have to mention my theory (I doubt it is only mine. I think many Catholics have this theory or thought)

that even though the Vatican went off the rails with the 2nd Vat Council and all... (1960s).. and things changed, often radically and a lot of Cahtolics hated the changes... etc etc...

Despite all that,most Catholic parishes in Everydayville... continued on w/ the same old Catholic ways, as always practiced... Most clergy didn't pay much attn to the weirdos in the Vatican & their modernist ideas...

Of course after 65 years, the beast Vatican could no longer be entirely ignored or circumvented by the local parish priests and their local bishops..

So anyway... That said.. Don't you Catholics find it exceedingly ODD (to say the least)

that for somtehing like 400 years (or thereabouts), there were no popes declared a Saint.. There was Pope Pius V and then Pius X, big gap in between...

But now, in this modern, sin-saturated, lawless, Godless, homo-accepting, "everyone is saved" :oops: world...

Every pope is a saint... every one after Vatican II has been canonized or is considered for such??!!

Throughout the Church's history there was only 49 canonized popes (until Pius X, I believe). But now, in this godawful age, which I believe the Virgin Mary herself said (or someone who was visited by her..?) is the worst age ever (sin-wise)

Every pope is a saint!

Ridiculous... esp in light of the fact that the most seemingly saintly among them, JP II taught heresy (namely, that you don't have to be in the Church Christ established on Earth in order to get to heaven)!

I think only Benedict has not been canonized! See novusOrdowatch for info

Last edited:
While no one was looking, they changed the definition of a "saint." It used to mean that the Church declared them to be "in heaven." Seems like it just means they led an exemplary life now.

But the process of becoming a saint hasn't changed, I don't think. You have to have miracles attributed to your intercession, which requires that people actually pray to you for that intercession, and - I don't know, but - I just don't think many people pray to dead popes in the hope that they will put in a good word for you with G-d. Sooner Mother Teresa that Pope Pius XII.

While no one was looking, they changed the definition of a "saint." It used to mean that the Church declared them to be "in heaven." Seems like it just means they led an exemplary life now.

But the process of becoming a saint hasn't changed, I don't think. You have to have miracles attributed to your intercession, which requires that people actually pray to you for that intercession, and - I don't know, but - I just don't think many people pray to dead popes in the hope that they will put in a good word for you with G-d. Sooner Mother Teresa that Pope Pius XII.

i don't get the last sentence

But who was the wiseacre who changed the definition of Saint?

a pope (so called)?

novus ordo folks don't like me

don't like the truth about their Church... or the one they think is their Church

well... whatever

Truth will catch up to all those running from it..

novus ordo folks don't like me

don't like the truth about their Church... or the one they think is their Church

well... whatever
Mostly waving you aside doesn't mean you are not liked. Much like Ninja, you are focused on what is wrong with the Catholic Church. It works better when one acclaims the church or (better yet) the faith they practice and love.

Faith is meant to be lived and put into practice in each individual life. It is not meant to be the yardstick by which others are searched out and whipped into shape. I have had the good fortune to be a part of many Catholic churches (having moved around quite a bit).

Take note of Jesus. Obviously he went around telling people what they were doing right, because his foremost proclamation was, "Sins are forgiven!" Aren't you spending a great deal of time pointing out the sins, not only of others, but of an entire organization? How successful do has this method been in your own life? Has it brought love and peace to you?

Mostly waving you aside doesn't mean you are not liked. Much like Ninja, you are focused on what is wrong with the Catholic Church. It works better when one acclaims the church or (better yet) the faith they practice and love.

Faith is meant to be lived and put into practice in each individual life. It is not meant to be the yardstick by which others are searched out and whipped into shape. I have had the good fortune to be a part of many Catholic churches (having moved around quite a bit).

Take note of Jesus. Obviously he went around telling people what they were doing right, because his foremost proclamation was, "Sins are forgiven!" Aren't you spending a great deal of time pointing out the sins, not only of others, but of an entire organization? How successful do has this method been in your own life? Has it brought love and peace to you?
you sound loony tunes in this post.. What the hell are you talking about, esp at the end!

For one, Jesus did not go around saying You're forgiven! What Bible are you reading? He said Go and sin no more and that is recorded, I believe ONE time.. with a woman caught in adultery. Yes, that applies to all mortal sin and venial sin.. but... why are you distorting the Word?

And if all you see in my posts is criticism... you are just... I don't know the word.. I wanted to say Retarded, frankly.

Why don't you listen to what people say rather than what you ... what? want them to be saying?

I don't get it...

I only get this, that you don't GET me at all... Again, you need to READ (re-read) what I have said and go by that alone. You never make ANY reference to the HISTORY of the Church that I talk about.. so there's that.. Then you don't mention Francis being an obvious heretic either... Protestants know he is a heretic.. the whole world knows it.

Sheez...

Then you don't mention Francis being an obvious heretic either...
Exactly. But you do. Pope Francis--or any Pope--is not who I focus on. The focus is Jesus, and Popes, Cardinals, or Bishops do not distract me from that focus.

My point is, what has your focus been in most of your threads?

First of all, I have to mention my theory (I doubt it is only mine. I think many Catholics have this theory or thought)

that even though the Vatican went off the rails with the 2nd Vat Council and all... (1960s).. and things changed, often radically and a lot of Cahtolics hated the changes... etc etc...

Despite all that,most Catholic parishes in Everydayville... continued on w/ the same old Catholic ways, as always practiced... Most clergy didn't pay much attn to the weirdos in the Vatican & their modernist ideas...

Of course after 65 years, the beast Vatican could no longer be entirely ignored or circumvented by the local parish priests and their local bishops..

So anyway... That said.. Don't you Catholics find it exceedingly ODD (to say the least)

that for somtehing like 400 years (or thereabouts), there were no popes declared a Saint.. There was Pope Pius V and then Pius X, big gap in between...

But now, in this modern, sin-saturated, lawless, Godless, homo-accepting, "everyone is saved" :oops: world...

Every pope is a saint... every one after Vatican II has been canonized or is considered for such??!!

Throughout the Church's history there was only 49 canonized popes (until Pius X, I believe). But now, in this godawful age, which I believe the Virgin Mary herself said (or someone who was visited by her..?) is the worst age ever (sin-wise)

Every pope is a saint!

Ridiculous... esp in light of the fact that the most seemingly saintly among them, JP II taught heresy (namely, that you don't have to be in the Church Christ established on Earth in order to get to heaven)!

I think only Benedict has not been canonized! See novusOrdowatch for info
Imagine wasting your time thinking about such a thing

Forum List

Back