November, 2010

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
So, what will the Republican Party propose in their effort to gain a majority in the Congress come November?
Of course they will oppose gays, gun control, abortion and taxes, but, what else?

So, what will the Republican Party propose in their effort to gain a majority in the Congress come November?
Of course they will oppose gays, gun control, abortion and taxes, but, what else?

And you will of course embrace those iconic institutions that you so love... homosexuality, infanticide, confiscatory tax policies and opposition to the second amendment.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Isn't that what they run on every year?

Why mess with a losing formula?

News flash, all Republicans have to do is promise to pick up the pieces and rebuild a nation. One with jobs and controlled government spending.

I don't think they have to do much of anything. The Democrats are digging their own hole.

They don't have to run on any platform.....all they have to do is run on the Democrats record of failure, out of control spending, divisive politics and ineptitude. All they really have to do is make a commercial with Hank Johnson saying "Guam will capsize..." then say "is this who you want running the country and deciding what's best for America?"

they'll propose that they aren't democrats, and hope that nobody notices that there's no difference between them on things that matter.

And you will of course embrace those iconic institutions that you so love... homosexuality, infanticide, confiscatory tax policies and opposition to the second amendment.

I don't care what people do in their own private time, only those who reject freedom do; I support education early and often so that unwanted pregnancy is rare, and support free healthcare for preventative care, including contraceptives; I don't like holes in the highways and support police and emergency services, clean water and air, a national defense and the rule of law - all supported by taxes. I reject fools who run around with unloaded firearms and the ownership, custody, control or possession of firearms by anyone convicted of a felony or crime of violence, drug possession or sale, DUI's, domestic violence or terrorist threats, or anyone detained on a civil committment as a danger to themselves or others. A firearm maintained in ones home for protection is fine, as long as the home owner is sane, sober and responsible.
btw, usually I ignore your posts because I firmly believe you're a moron. Don't think (now that's funny, so I'll amend) don't believe because I responded to you NOLA that my opinion of you has changed. You are a damn fool and that's a fact.

Well, we've heard from the fringe, not one idea amongst them, and that should surprise no one.
Are there any Republicans with actual ideas? Any conservatives who have actually thought about the issues facing our country at this time?

Well, we've heard from the fringe, not one idea amongst them, and that should surprise no one.
Are there any Republicans with actual ideas? Any conservatives who have actually thought about the issues facing our country at this time?

IMHO I think their stand on abortion and gays hurt more than help. I could be wrong. The things that would grab my vote off the bat would be dampening some of this unfair trading we do with over seas companies. We cannot compete so it is and has been killing us. I would also like to see more of these receivers of bailouts feet held to the fire for payback.

Same campaign Dems ran on in 06 and 08: We're not the other guys!

But then again Dems lied about everything they said they would do (fiscal discipline, lower gas prices, close Gitmo, end the wars and so on and so on and scoobie doobie doobie...)

The rate of gun crimes with legally obtained fire arms is almost nill. The rate of accidental deaths is also so small as to be meaningless. Exactly why should we have more laws concerning firearms? We already have enough. Just enforce the ones we have.

Abortion is a non issue as no one will have enough votes to pass a Constitutional Amendment to ban it. And the Court has no case pending involving it to change the previous ruling.

In a recession one LOWERS tax rates on Business and individuals to give them the confidence to spend and to grow their business.

There is absolutely no National topic involving Gays so that too is a non issue.

Hopefully the Republicans and Independent Conservative Candidates will run on gutting the New Health care plan and reining in Government spending. Those two are winners. I would hope we got a new crop that want to eliminate Illegal aliens as well.

Isn't that what they run on every year?

Why mess with a losing formula?

They should run the same campaign that the Dems ran the last two cycles. Their slogans should be:

1. "Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?

and

2. "Had enough?"

Their policy statements should all revolve around personal freedom and lower spending.

Any Republican who says anything, ANYTHING, negative about any of the hot button issues of the Left needs to be muzzled and perhaps taken out back and shot.

The Prez invites the Reps to run on a platform of repealing the Health Care Swindle. The referance to this needs to be what is valuable in this bedpan of a monstrocity and what is worthless and what is hurtful.

Save the good and strip away the bad. Add parts that are improvements. Make it clear what they are talking about and let the voters decide. Make it clear also what the differences will cost and save.

There are plenty of pissed off puppies in the electorate. There will be no need to reopen wounds. Just point at the scars and ask where they came from.

Same campaign Dems ran on in 06 and 08: We're not the other guys!

But then again Dems lied about everything they said they would do (fiscal discipline, lower gas prices, close Gitmo, end the wars and so on and so on and scoobie doobie doobie...)

Lied? Sure CF, whatever you want to believe. Don't let the political realities of governance get in the way of what you WANT to believe.

Forum List

Back