November, 2010

All they have to say to get my vote is; "I will fight to repeal and replace the healthcare bill."

Another thing, I would like to see down the road, is a Fair Tax or Flat Tax. Flat tax would be better. Eliminate the IRS, pass a flat tax, and we could afford a health care bill, without a mandate, of course.

Winning platform for the GOP: "We're not Democrats"

Of course, they will be running against a lot of Democrats who will be saying, "We're not Obamacrats."

There can't be too many who can run on that premise when ALL of the DEM Senators and most of the Dem Congressmen voted both for the Stimulus and for the Health Insurance reform bill.

"I was for it before I was against it" just ain't gonna fly.

Do any of you Obama/Democrat haters actually think about the issues facing our country?
Let me help. The R's need to define the problems facing us and offer solutions. It's really that simple, but darn near impossible for the GOP for they are stuck on ideology and unable to articulate solutions which may conflict with the postulates which their base believe axiomatic.
The best example is their belief that all taxes are bad, and only the evil Democrats raise taxes. It was absurd for Bush&Co to cut taxes and wage war.
It's both fortunate and unfortunate that McCain lost and Obama was elected in 2008. Had McCain won, we would be (likely) in a depression; Obama's policies have saved us from this outcome, but, the effort to save our economy has stalled his agenda and given power to the Ministers of Truth who rewrite history on this message board, on conservative radio and from the mouths on Fox News, the RNC, Sarah Palin, Sean Hannity and others who posit the god that failed - supply side economics.
So, I ask again, knowing those who posted above have no answers for they simply parrot the words of purveyors of propaganda, what practical, pragmatic, cost effective solutions are there to the woes facing our nation?

Last edited:
So, what will the Republican Party propose in their effort to gain a majority in the Congress come November?
Of course they will oppose gays, gun control, abortion and taxes, but, what else?

They don't have to run on any platform.....all they have to do is run on the Democrats record of failure, out of control spending, divisive politics and ineptitude. All they really have to do is make a commercial with Hank Johnson saying "Guam will capsize..." then say "is this who you want running the country and deciding what's best for America?"

Don't forget about Congressman Phil Hare saying, "I don't care about the Constitution".

Immie

So, what will the Republican Party propose in their effort to gain a majority in the Congress come November?
Of course they will oppose gays, gun control, abortion and taxes, but, what else?

They could propose free donuts and win. The Democrats followed Obama right off a cliff.

They could propose free donuts and win. The Democrats followed Obama right off a cliff.

Well there you go, stupid comments rule.

Well there you go, stupid comments rule.

Don't point the finger back at me! You're the one who started this idiotic thread.

Last edited:
Well, there you go again. Post bull shit, confronted, cut and run. Xsited1 just another f'n moron with too much time and too little brains.
More like he is smart enough not to fall for your crap. Why in the world would anyone give you any ideas on what is going to be their platform on the next election? Are you truly that dense? You'll have to take a guess and wonder and assume and hope that you may be able to keep a few seats in Washington, D.C..

Same campaign Dems ran on in 06 and 08: We're not the other guys!

But then again Dems lied about everything they said they would do (fiscal discipline, lower gas prices, close Gitmo, end the wars and so on and so on and scoobie doobie doobie...)

Lied? Sure CF, whatever you want to believe. Don't let the political realities of governance get in the way of what you WANT to believe.

Get your face out of the KoolAid Can once in a while.

Obama ran as a fiscal conservative and flanked McCain to the right with his promise to go through the budget "with a fine toothed comb"

Remember this one?

"With skyrocketing gas prices, it is clear that the American people can no longer afford the Republican Rubber Stamp Congress and its failure to stand up to Republican big oil and gas company cronies. Americans this week are paying $2.91 a gallon on average for regular gasoline – 33 cents higher than last month, and double the price than when President Bush first came to office....Democrats have a commonsense plan to help bring down skyrocketing gas prices " Nancy Pelosi 4/26/06

California Chronicle | Pelosi: ‘With Skyrocketing Gas Prices, Americans Can No Longer Afford a GOP Rubber Stamp Congress'

Well, there you go again. Post bull shit, confronted, cut and run. Xsited1 just another f'n moron with too much time and too little brains.
More like he is smart enough not to fall for your crap. Why in the world would anyone give you any ideas on what is going to be their platform on the next election? Are you truly that dense? You'll have to take a guess and wonder and assume and hope that you may be able to keep a few seats in Washington, D.C..

Sure. Another f'n moron posts...nothing.
Sure, I'll guess. The R's will run on cutting taxes, cutting regulation of the financial services industry, and a large dose of hate and fear. Why, because the R's and their fellow travelers have nothing else.

Sure, I'll guess. The R's will run on cutting taxes, cutting regulation of the financial services industry, and a large dose of hate and fear. Why, because the R's and their fellow travelers have nothing else.

No they won't. They'll run on what most of Americans want. Honest government. ..and they will win.

No they won't. They'll run on what most of Americans want. Honest government. ..and they will win.

LMAO, honest government Patek? How soon you forget the first decade of the 21st century.

That point is now irrelevant....the Democrats screwed themselves over the last 3 years....all you have to do is look at Congressional approval ratings. Americans wanted change and all they got was the shaft from a politician who is a smooth talker and just like Bush....the Congress was destroyed by Pelosi and Reid's partisan politics...America is tired of the bullshit.

Forum List

Back