'...not vetted very well...'

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
In talking about the movie, Game Changer, which debuts this weekend, Schmidt is portrayed as not having questioned $arah about domestic or foreign. In an interview on (conservative) Morning Joe just now, Steve Schmidt just said, with an ironic little chuckle,

"Well, we vetted her, just not very well".

The understatement of the year.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...wer-article-1.1033346?localLinksEnabled=false

‘Game Change’ with Julianne Moore doesn’t always flatter Sarah Palin, but its goal isn’t to skewer her

Last edited:
Obama's Foreign Policy experience was he went to Pakistan when he was in college. Oh and he did speak at the Berlin Wall.

:lol:

"Foreign policy is the area where I am probably most confident that I know more and understand the world better than Senator Clinton or Senator McCain," said the overconfident candidate.

Obama took particular aim at Hillary Clinton. He countered her boast of having met leaders from 80 foreign countries with his real-world experience in several key outposts.

"I traveled to Pakistan when I was in college," said Obama in the way of illustration. "I knew what Sunni and Shia was [sic -- Obama has always had problems with noun-verb agreement] before I joined the Senate Foreign Relations Committee."

Articles: Time for New Look at 2008 Obama Passport Breach

Last edited:
BTW, in reading about this movie, it seems to me that the important take-away is that the GObP/repub party had the same problem they have now - no candidate and no enthusiasm.

It was McCain's turn but they knew he couldn't get elected and they went looking for someone who could get attention. Same thing going on now.

It will be very interesting to see who they pick for his running mate.

I never understood these "experience" arguments very well. How much experience being President is someone supposed to have before being President of Vice President? The "not enough foreign policy experience" arguments would seem to suggest that nobody should be elected to either job, unless they've spent decades as an ambassador or something.

Forum List

Back