The electable guy from Massachusetts

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
Hey, remember that time when a party went behind that "electable" former governor from Massachusetts.

I mean, there was a guy who was a happy warrior who the rank and file liked, but they listened to party elders and voted for the "electable" guy.

His name was Mike Dukakis, and he beat Jesse Jackson. And promptly lost to George H. Bush.

I never felt sorry for 1988 Democrats. Until now.

One factor that is very difficult to read for anyone.

The pissed us off factor. I would wager that will be in play. The more democrats lie a cheat the more they piss people off who would other wise sit this one out.

One factor that is very difficult to read for anyone.

The pissed us off factor. I would wager that will be in play. The more democrats lie a cheat the more they piss people off who would other wise sit this one out.

And, naturally, you can provide examples of all this Democratic lying and cheating?

No, he can't. And lying, cheating and ethics issues only applies to Dems. He gives the GOP a free pass.

You want proof? Yesterday morning he posted that he may send a check to David Vitter. :eek:

He was an unknown who sounded cool, looks cool and gave us all the anti-Bush vibe. So I can understand why he won easily in 2008, we voters don't really educate ourselves on who we're voting for.

But in 2012 I can't determine who gets the "most pathetic" award. The GOP for not putting anyone up who can even contend with Obama after a 4 year disaster? The Obamabots who all of a sudden don't care about all the Bush aspects of gov't that Obama has kept going? Or the rest of us who do understand the disaster our 2 parties are, and don't lose our minds just thinking about it.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back