CDZ Not sure what to take away from this

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Toronado3800, Jun 8, 2017.

1. BULLDOG

BULLDOG Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,955
    Who is afraid of guns? I'm scared of the gun nut Rambo wanna bees that are hoping for a chance to use their gun. Don't tell me you don't think there are plenty of idiots out there like that. We both know there are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. sakinago

sakinago Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,172
    PROTECTION, this is why our presidents, politicians, celebrities have ARMED guards, is because it's a very effective tool for protection. You could have Jackie chan on steroids as your personal guard, the reality is Jackie chan still probably looses against a gun. Now let's say your a 5 foot 98 pound women going up against Dolph Lundgren trying to rape her, 5 foot women wins if she has a gun. Guns are an equalizer.

And again you don't have to actually SHOOT the gun to use it as protection. And no one said it had to have multiple uses to be effective at its job. A knife cuts, weather its human flesh, or a rope, it cuts. Why aren't you demanding another role for a knife? I don't have to shoot someone with my gun, raccoons kill my chickens, I don't like it, if my lazy ass dog actually wakes me up when it happens, I go out and shoot at the coons, keeping my chickens alive. Believe me, I've been outside at 3 in the morning, without a gun taking videos of these bastards that don't get scared off by lights turning on, me walking towards them, or me throwing stuff at them...just waiting in the tree for me to leave. What makes them leave is a 12 gauge. And if I still hunted, I no longer have the time, although I go out maybe once or twice a year and not see a thing, I use a gun or a bow for that. The only other function for a bow is to shoot something with that, where's your stance on that?

And again the Swiss citizens walk around with fully automatic assault rifles, and it's the safest place on earth...if guns were the problem, then why are they not the problem there...with full autos, where you're practically issued one if you choose to keep it. We're talking guns that aren't even legal here, they are openly walking around with, no one is scared, no one feels unsafe, no one bats an eyelash.

3. BULLDOG

BULLDOG Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,955
    If Dolf Lundgrin has been trying to rape your girlfriend, you should call the cops.
    You said the gun was a tool, and went to all the trouble of describing multiple uses for several tools. What was your point, other than repeating another RWNJ like that you think sounds cool, but means absolutely nothing?

4. sakinago

sakinago Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,172
    Okay, where are they? How many people are they killing? You would call my girlfriend one of these Rambo wanna be cowards, which is completely ridiculous. So do these "cowards" make a majority of gun owners? And let's say something does happen where they get a chance to use their gun...if they use it legally, THEYRE STOPPING A CRIME AND PROTECTING PEOPLE. That's like saying firefighters are made up of people who are just waiting for the chance to rush in to a burning building and saving someone, what assholes right? They just can't wait till a fire happens. What a ridiculous argument, ugh those firefighter that'll risk their life to save strangers are such douches.

5. BULLDOG

BULLDOG Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,955
    No. An idiot playing Rambo is not the same as a person rushing into a burning building to save someone. You know better than that. An armed idiot causes more problems for the victims, bystanders, the cops, and themselves.

6. sakinago

sakinago Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,172
    Cops who take 5-10 mins to show up? If she's getting raped and she's alone, it's kind of hard to have a phone conversation while getting raped, i assume. I mean if you can keep a male from penetration, I would imagine that reality (which you don't seem to consider) would dictate it's probably even harder to make a phone call, which the rapist wouldn't want you to do. But I guess that's schematics, right?

And that's what you got from my dolf lungrin example. You either are incapable of thinking hypothetically, like the guy from guardians of the galaxy who takes everything literally (which is comical, because it's so stupid)...or you're incapable of having an honest conversation on equal ground, so you have to resort to stupid strawman. I don't know which is worse, but take your pick.

And I never described multiple uses for a tool in that last post, I described one use for tools made for that use. Knife cuts, gun equalizes.

A straw man wasn't enough stupidity for you, but you had to go to a ad hominem, with the RWNJ, reference. Good job, stay in your lane, and continue to fear critical thinking. Just keep on going to the ego protecting logical fallacies.

7. BULLDOG

BULLDOG Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,955
    Don't be silly. My responses perfectly match the quality of your posts. How many times has she been attacked like you describe? If it is often, she needs to stop hanging around where she has been. If it is never, which is the same as almost every other person in the country, you are both being cowards that aren't capable of facing life as you should be able to.

8. sakinago

sakinago Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,172
    When? Name an instant. For every one of those instances I have AT LEAST 50, where someone with a gun defends themselves, their family, or the people around them without even firing a shot. But I'm still interested to hear about all these cases of rambos running around

9. sakinago

sakinago Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,172
    Ok point out a strawman and ad hominem I used.

And it's where she works jackass. And she happens to love the kids she works with. Now should she stop helping them and their parents just because YOU don't think she should have a gun? Because she's not safe with it, and it wouldn't help her in a situation she might need it?

And again you like to just skip over the fact that Swiss citizens carry fully automatic assault rifles, and yet they live in the safest place on earth. So is it the guns that are a problem?

10. Coyote

Coyote Varmint Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,835
    All good points. But the downside is having a gun makes it easier to use before exhausting other means first.

• Funny Funny x 1