‘Not humane’: PETA rips AOC for buying and caging a dog

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

Animal rights organization PETA wagged their finger at Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for buying a dog instead of getting one from a shelter.

“With the millions of homeless dogs out there, you apparently chose to buy a purebred puppy instead of adopting one from an animal shelter,” PETA president Ingrid Newkirk said in a Thursday letter to the New York Democrat. “Right this minute, on Petfinder alone, there are more than 110,000 dogs — including French bulldogs — who need homes. Animal shelters are bursting at the seams with hundreds of thousands more, many of whom will be ‘put to sleep’ for lack of a home.”
'Not humane': PETA rips AOC for buying and caging a dog - ENM NEWS
This is her plan. Eventually she'll eat it instead of beef and tell us how good it is.

I have never gotten a dog from any place but rescue shelters.
Most so called purebred dogs have major health issues. Large amounts of so called breeders keep the animals in cages 24/7 and most females are kept constantly pregnant. Can't allow something that has that much money inside it to disappear nor eat up profits by not producing young to sell.

I have heard all the arguments against rescue animals. They were other people's problems, they are there because they could not be trained, etc.
What it usually comes down to is they don't know how to handle and train a dog, having a dog from a breeder makes me look wealth or they really don't have time for the animal at all.

All of my pets have been adopted, the cats usually adopt their people. They pick a likely looking soft touch out then move in on them.
My schnauzer is a pure breed but he was a rescue 5 month old puppy.

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

Animal rights organization PETA wagged their finger at Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for buying a dog instead of getting one from a shelter.

“With the millions of homeless dogs out there, you apparently chose to buy a purebred puppy instead of adopting one from an animal shelter,” PETA president Ingrid Newkirk said in a Thursday letter to the New York Democrat. “Right this minute, on Petfinder alone, there are more than 110,000 dogs — including French bulldogs — who need homes. Animal shelters are bursting at the seams with hundreds of thousands more, many of whom will be ‘put to sleep’ for lack of a home.”
3lsi50.jpg

They have problems putting a dog in a crate?

My dog loves her crate

PETA has funerals for chickens who die in truck accidents so who the hell cares what they think?

People used to be snobby about purebred dogs and shame the mongrels. Now they are snobby about rescue dogs and shame those who purchase purebred dogs.

There's room for both. I have both. Most of my dogs have been shelter dogs but I have also bought purpose bred dogs. 3 of my current dogs are rescues, my newest pup is from a breeder.

I have absolutely no liking for PETA. When you consider their endgame is to eliminate all domestic animals, I don't care much what they say.

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

PETA, the only people that can make AOC look sane.

I brought a pure bred dog. I don't want to adopt other people's problems. I was bringing this animal into my home, and I wanted to be sure that it would be friendly to my guests, and not bite them, let alone my child.

So, flush that virtue signaling shit. And I tell people that all the time, when they start telling me about their stupid rescue animals.

Purebred dogs bite too. Bet you didn't know that huh?

I'm not a fan of PETA, but I think it's terrible that so many dogs or cats end up getting killed because they never got adopted into a loving forever home. I'm not trying to shame anyone, that's just a fact. There are so many great dogs at shelters waiting to be adopted. As someone else already mentioned, there are problems with breeders. Not all are unethical, but when an animal is viewed as a commodity, usually they will be treated that way.

I do love happy endings, of course. :)

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

PETA, the only people that can make AOC look sane.

I brought a pure bred dog. I don't want to adopt other people's problems. I was bringing this animal into my home, and I wanted to be sure that it would be friendly to my guests, and not bite them, let alone my child.

So, flush that virtue signaling shit. And I tell people that all the time, when they start telling me about their stupid rescue animals.

Purebred dogs bite too. Bet you didn't know that huh?

I got a purebred Yellow Lab, one of the friendliest breeds there is. She barks with new people until I introduce her, and then she loves them.

This bit, where you need to assume that anyone that disagrees with you, is stupid, is a manifestation of insecurity and intellectual immaturity.

I recommend you work on that. I offer this advice in Good Faith and hope you are able to hear it, inside your closed mind.

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

For every purebred animal that a person buys they should adopt two from the animal shelter

I bought my pure breed dog from a registered breeder. Without any issues inflicted by an abusive previous owner.

Buying a shelter dog is like buying a used car from a junk dealer.

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

For every purebred animal that a person buys they should adopt two from the animal shelter

I bought my pure breed dog from a registered breeder. Without any issues inflicted by an abusive previous owner.

I disagree, people who know what they are doing can take what you call junk and make it a priceless piece of work.

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

I disagree, people who know what they are doing can take what you call junk and make it a priceless piece of work.

If they are that in need of a hobby, good for them.

But don't put on airs, and expect me to play along.

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

Would you care to explain your response and how it had to do with what I wrote?

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

I don't want to spend that kind of time "fixing" a dog. If someone else does, good for them.

And sometimes, people that do, are doing so, to virtue signal, like the snowflakes at PETA from the OP.

I don't want to spend that kind of time "fixing" a dog. If someone else does, good for them.

And sometimes, people that do, are doing so, to virtue signal, like the snowflakes at PETA from the OP.
with your mindset, you shouldn't have an ant farm much less a dog.
It not a fucking hobby

with your mindset, you shouldn't have an ant farm much less a dog.
It not a fucking hobby

Agreed. I will spend hours at a stretch on my hobbies and enjoy it.

IF my dog requires that much time and attention, I want a better dog.

Forum List

Back