Obama dog: This is NOT change

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
I'm sorry, but when you are getting a family pet, you do not hire a Senator of the United States of America to go to a prominent Texas kennel to get yourself a dog. You go to your local shelter and rescue a dog. I don't care if it's a puppy or a full grown dog, you rescue the dog. This dog was "bred" at the kennel and then given back?

This isn't change. This is a man who's rich and can get whatever he wants. He's supposed to represent the "people" of the United States, but the "people" of the United States don't do this shit. It's inexcusable. There are so many dogs dying every day and what a wonderful thing it would have been for Mr. Obama to have rescued and adopted a pitbull while it was young and raised it properly showing that not all pitbulls are bad. And a pitbull is a hypoallergenic dog. There are thousands of pitbulls dying every day. You really wanna make a big splash - go to a small, non-existent non-profit animal rescue organization that saves dogs from kill shelters and adopt a dog from there. You have no idea how much time and effort these people put into caring for a dog who was just hours away from being put to sleep. AT LEAST - Jesus Christ - AT LEAST DON'T ADOPT A FUCKING PUREBRED! ADOPT A MUTT.

This really irks me. He said he was going to rescue a dog from a shelter. And while he did, he "rescued" a purebred from a high end Kennel in Texas where the Kennedy's adopted their dogs. This is BS.

Prez Pup Coming to Obama White House Tuesday - TMZ.com

We have lots of exclusive details on the Portuguese Water Dog
President Barack Obama and Michelle are getting for Sasha and Malia. The pooch will make its grand entrance on Tuesday, and it's coming from a prominent Texas kennel, with the help of Senator Ted Kennedy's family.

The black dog -- a male -- is approximately six months old. We've learned it was bred at the kennel and sold to someone who gave it back. The kennel is now "re-homing" the dog to the Obamas. The dog was named Charlie, but the Obamas will rename it.

Now here's where the Kennedys come into play. The kennel has sold the Kennedys three Portuguese Water Dogs in the past, all from the same lineage. The dog the Obamas will be getting is from the same lineage as the Kennedy dogs. The Kennedy family will be presenting the new dog to the Obamas, but it's really coming from the kennel.

The reason this all sounds so technical is that there are issues regarding gifts to the Prez. The fact that the pup is being re-homed makes it all kosher.

I'm sorry, but when you are getting a family pet, you do not hire a Senator of the United States of America to go to a prominent Texas kennel to get yourself a dog. You go to your local shelter and rescue a dog. I don't care if it's a puppy or a full grown dog, you rescue the dog. This dog was "bred" at the kennel and then given back?

umm....bubbalah...I'm guessing they were rightfully told that you can't get a mutt when your kid has allergies b/c you don't know what's in a shelter dog or what allergens it carries. I know because our preference would be a shelter dog, too, and we can't b/c hubby has asthma and son has allergies.

mostly...um... do we really care?

umm....bubbalah...I'm guessing they were rightfully told that you can't get a mutt when your kid has allergies b/c you don't know what's in a shelter dog or what allergens it carries. I know because our preference would be a shelter dog, too, and we can't b/c hubby has asthma and son has allergies.

Give your kid some allergy pills and let her be on her way.

It's no problem to go into a shelter and have a specific kind of breed in your mind. "I can only have these types of dogs, etc" but to go hire a US Senator to go down to Texas and get a purebred dog.. come on. How many fucking shelters are there in Washington DC?

What really pisses me off is the elaborateness he's going through to get a dog. Who does this? Rich people do. Not everyday people. How many millions of homes in America adopt a dog that's hypoallergenic or get a special shampoo for a dog to lessen the dander?

You call your local shelters, you ask if they have a breed that's hypoallergenic and if not, you get put on the waiting list. You wait. You don't hire a fucking US Senator to go to Texas and get a purebred that was "given back."

No. He did say however that Pit bulls are Hypo allergenic

They are. And they're wonderful dogs if trained right. With hundreds of people staffing the white house, I'm sure you can find someone to throw a stick for it.

No. He did say however that Pit bulls are Hypo allergenic

They are. And they're wonderful dogs if trained right. With hundreds of people staffing the white house, I'm sure you can find someone to throw a stick for it.

no one with kids or who has that many people going on and off their premises should have a pitbull....

you never want an animal around kids that you can't stop if it does something dangerous.

sorry to the pitbull lovers. you may not know this, but when you go to a shelter, certain types of dogs are not allowed to be given to families... even jack russels and cocker spaniels because they don't have the proper temperment.

:lol: I almost busted a gut laughing at your post. I thought you were just joking, but you're evidently serious.

There were plenty of options available. Here's a good article on the subject:

Obamas to choose First Dog, hopefully shelter adoption | PETS 911 Animal Crossroads

I wonder if he's going to feed that dog some of that $100.00 a lb. steak. you can't get that at a shelter either.

I read a story yesterday, that some people are pissed at biden for buying a registered German Shepard.

What is this nation coming too? Don't you know by now "They gotta have BLING"

Should have voted for McCain if you didn't want to pay for a gold dog collar.

What a grand idea.

Let's get a potential time bomb for a companion for our children.

Davids, you're a tad nuts, you know that?

I wonder if he's going to feed that dog some of that $100.00 a lb. steak. you can't get that at a shelter either.

I read a story yesterday, that some people are pissed at biden for buying a registered German Shepard.

Botox Joe (he needs a shot btw; he can move his forehead) also adopted another GS from a shelter to keep the registered one company.

Typical.

And there's so many AMERICAN shepherds looking for work, too.

I remember the good old days when you could go to the local shelter and get dogs and cats for free. Now you have to pay for spay/nueter and of course shots. Then you have to pay for a license.
Why do I have to pay all that shit for? I'm just gonna eat the animal. They are getting almost as expensive as pork chops.

Give your kid some allergy pills and let her be on her way.

right...let your kid get allergy-induced asthma to make a political point.

spoken like someone who's never had to protect a kid or deal with allergies or asthma.

Do you know what the type and severity is of the Obama kid's allergies?

I believe both his kids are allergic to being mualed to death by psychotic breeds of dogs.

Lot of that going around, of late.

Perhaps it's the floride in their toothpaste.

right...let your kid get allergy-induced asthma to make a political point.

spoken like someone who's never had to protect a kid or deal with allergies or asthma.

Do you know what the type and severity is of the Obama kid's allergies?

I believe both his kids are allergic to being mualed to death by psychotic breeds of dogs.

Lot of that going around, of late.

Perhaps it's the floride in their toothpaste.
Well that's a pussy kind of allergy to have.
Back when I was a kid, we just sucked that sort of thing up and moved on.

Botox Joe (he needs a shot btw; he can move his forehead) also adopted another GS from a shelter to keep the registered one company.
Well I certainly feel a lot better knowing that.:lol::eusa_whistle::lol:

Well I certainly feel a lot better knowing that.:lol::eusa_whistle::lol:

:lol: Knew you would. ;)

Not defending Joe, just adding to the mix.

We got our dog from the spca and there is no better dog in the world. Yes, my dog is better than your dog! :D She's some kind of collie (possibly border collie) mix and fandamtastic! It took us a month and lots of looking and rejecting of dogs that would not have been a good fit with our family to find the right dog. It took parental involvement; we didn't hand the job off to someone else.

Depending upon the severity of the Obama kid's allergies (or is that just blah blah blah?), they could have gotten a dog from a shelter rather than buying a purebred.

Davids is right -- Obama claims to be 'one of the people' and originally said he would get a dog from a shelter. About face and now he just spent how much buying a purebred kennel dog? He's a hypocrite.

New Topics

Forum List

Back