‘Not humane’: PETA rips AOC for buying and caging a dog

Aletheia4u

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2017
She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

Animal rights organization PETA wagged their finger at Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for buying a dog instead of getting one from a shelter.

“With the millions of homeless dogs out there, you apparently chose to buy a purebred puppy instead of adopting one from an animal shelter,” PETA president Ingrid Newkirk said in a Thursday letter to the New York Democrat. “Right this minute, on Petfinder alone, there are more than 110,000 dogs — including French bulldogs — who need homes. Animal shelters are bursting at the seams with hundreds of thousands more, many of whom will be ‘put to sleep’ for lack of a home.”
'Not humane': PETA rips AOC for buying and caging a dog - ENM NEWS

Remember when she was complaining about affording an apartment? I wonder what changed $$?

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

Animal rights organization PETA wagged their finger at Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for buying a dog instead of getting one from a shelter.

“With the millions of homeless dogs out there, you apparently chose to buy a purebred puppy instead of adopting one from an animal shelter,” PETA president Ingrid Newkirk said in a Thursday letter to the New York Democrat. “Right this minute, on Petfinder alone, there are more than 110,000 dogs — including French bulldogs — who need homes. Animal shelters are bursting at the seams with hundreds of thousands more, many of whom will be ‘put to sleep’ for lack of a home.”
For every purebred animal that a person buys they should adopt two from the animal shelter

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

PETA, the only people that can make AOC look sane.

I brought a pure bred dog. I don't want to adopt other people's problems. I was bringing this animal into my home, and I wanted to be sure that it would be friendly to my guests, and not bite them, let alone my child.

So, flush that virtue signaling shit. And I tell people that all the time, when they start telling me about their stupid rescue animals.

I have never gotten a dog from any place but rescue shelters.
Most so called purebred dogs have major health issues. Large amounts of so called breeders keep the animals in cages 24/7 and most females are kept constantly pregnant. Can't allow something that has that much money inside it to disappear nor eat up profits by not producing young to sell.

I have heard all the arguments against rescue animals. They were other people's problems, they are there because they could not be trained, etc.
What it usually comes down to is they don't know how to handle and train a dog, having a dog from a breeder makes me look wealth or they really don't have time for the animal at all.

I've bought purebred Boxers and I've rescued them from Boxer Rescue.
Ironically the Rescue turned out to be the best Boxer we've ever had.
Although he was an SOB at first,bit a few people including my Wife which was the last straw. I beat the crap out of him and after that he figured out who was boss and was the coolest Boxer ever.

He's the one on the left. Cozmo.
9BC0A00D-42DB-4F7B-81D9-0C1EF56106CE.jpeg

Most so called purebred dogs have major health issues. Large amounts of so called breeders keep the animals in cages 24/7 and most females are kept constantly pregnant. Can't allow something that has that much money inside it to disappear nor eat up profits by not producing young to sell.

I have heard all the arguments against rescue animals. They were other people's problems, they are there because they could not be trained, etc.
What it usually comes down to is they don't know how to handle and train a dog, having a dog from a breeder makes me look wealth or they really don't have time for the animal at all.

I want a pet for the kid, not a second career. I taught it to not jump on people, and to not poop in the house. Beyond that, I got other things to do.

I want a pet for the kid, not a second career. I taught it to not jump on people, and to not poop in the house. Beyond that, I got other things to do.
Well good for you. Have managed to take the same amount of time with your kid or does it poop in the house? A dog wants and needs to be a part of the family. Maybe have your wife spend some time with it unless she is too busy.

Wait till the heathen puts salt and pepper on it, then the real outrage will come.

Well good for you. Have managed to take the same amount of time with your kid or does it poop in the house? A dog wants and needs to be a part of the family. Maybe have your wife spend some time with it unless she is too busy.

The kid DOES poop in the house. But, different rules for humans. Cause I'm like that.

Cute dog

What happens to purebred dogs that are not adopted?

Forum List

Back