Not Another Delta Between Rich and Poor Thread

What do those numbers look like in North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela,the UK, or Canada? I am just curious as to what other Country should America be like.....based on the numbers you site?

Norway works. Thanks for asking.

just 5 million people live in Norway, we have something like 60X that population. :eusa_whistle:

1) norway isn't part of the EU which helps them a lot
2) UPDATE 2-Norway to cut 2012 growth forecast | Reuters
3) Norway has a huge oil industry that helps its economy (too bad we said no to that pipeline)

One law? Will that prove it?

Do you deny that the conservative agenda is to cut social spending that goes to lower income Americans, thus making those Americans poorer? Do you really want to deny that?

Here's where you start suggesting that taking what I have earned and giving to someone who hasn't earned it is "fair".

Yep

You must sacrifice more, while we sacrifice none and demand support while we do nothing and complain to politicians to gain more entitlement for nothing more than existing

Let's not forget the extorted charitable contributions we get to make to businesses "too big to fail", or those deemed worthy ventures by bureaucratic morons without a clue how business works.

One law? Will that prove it?

Do you deny that the conservative agenda is to cut social spending that goes to lower income Americans, thus making those Americans poorer? Do you really want to deny that?

Here's where you start suggesting that taking what I have earned and giving to someone who hasn't earned it is "fair".

Don't lie about what I said.

Conservatives want to make the poor and low income earners in America poorer. That is the MATH.

Why you want to do it is a different argument. We can't get to that argument if you're not even willing to acknowledge the mathematical facts.

Just where does that magic money tree grow that funds all your warm-fuzzy "free"stuff giveaways? You know the tree, it's amply fertilized with "progressive" bullshit.

Conservatives want to make the poor and low income earners in America poorer. That is the MATH.

Why you want to do it is a different argument. We can't get to that argument if you're not even willing to acknowledge the mathematical facts.

Just where does that magic money tree grow that funds all your warm-fuzzy "free"stuff giveaways? You know the tree, it's amply fertilized with "progressive" bullshit.

It grows in your back yard and mine, you know us stupid shlubs who work and pay taxes to the entitlment society.....its time to start shrugging, my name isn't atlas after all.

I really do love these threads where the staggering income inequality in this country is pointed out and the hard right starts trying the "our poor aren't poor enough because they have microwaves." crap. :rolleyes:

I really do love these threads where the staggering income inequality in this country is pointed out and the hard right starts trying the "our poor aren't poor enough because they have microwaves." crap. :rolleyes:
Yeah....they use stupid fucking analogies like that...but refuse to admit that necessities in this country(shelter, food, education, heath care, transportation, etc) is incredibly expensive, and crape that we don't necessarily need is dirt cheap...like microwaves.

It grows in your back yard and mine, you know us stupid shlubs who work and pay taxes to the entitlment society.....its time to start shrugging, my name isn't atlas after all.

I'm working on it, be assured. I own 200 acres and have been building out-of-pocket. Small cabins will be available for anyone of whom we approve and who brings some skill to the table. Anyone who won't pull their own weight is gone! I've been learning much about animal husbandry, dairy production, and even how to make a passable mead, among other things. My partner is one helluva welder, house builder, and auto mechanic. Life off-grid is different, but quite comfortable in its totality. And very satisfying in a deeply self-proficient sense.

Let's compare the difference between a truly POOR country and the US: Here's how housing looks in, say, Kenya:

Attachments

• $kenya urban renewal.jpg
    $kenya urban renewal.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 58
  • $kenya upscale poor neighborhood.jpg
    $kenya upscale poor neighborhood.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 55
  • $kenya condos.jpg
    $kenya condos.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 59
That's th goal? To make our poor like those in Kenya? Thanks for being honest.

No, the point is, our "poor" are anything but. I'd gladly provide one-way tickets for the "poor" from this country to go tour where REALLY poor people live, if you can call it that. Our "poor" are so far from poor, they haven't a clue. But they've been told that they are entitled to everything that all the working stiffs have worked, saved, and earned...because they're "poor".

Wow...you have that much money? To pay for the poor to go away? If you have that much money, you're certainly not a "working stiff". You are an elitist and part if the fucking problem.

Wow...you have that much money? To pay for the poor to go away? If you have that much money, you're certainly not a "working stiff". You are an elitist and part if the fucking problem.

You seem to think I have enough money to house, clothe, and feed them, as well as provide transportation and entertainment of wide variety, whatever they desire. Shit, it's cheaper just to fly them overseas and dump them in their homeland. I'm sure their ancestral brethren will welcome their lazy, useless asses with open arms.

You seem to think I have enough money to house, clothe, and feed them, as well as provide transportation and entertainment of wide variety, whatever they desire. Shit, it's cheaper just to fly them overseas and dump them in their homeland. I'm sure their ancestral brethren will welcome their lazy, useless asses with open arms.

No...not you....all of us....together. community...which is not a synonym for Communism...although you folks seem to think so.

Last edited:

No...not you....all of us....together. community...which is not a syno

You lost me at "syno".

How about rather than sitting around bitching about what others have -and you do not, maybe changing your own work ethics and asking yourself what YOU can do to succeed. Until then... Keep your hands out of my wallet.

Forum List

Back