Not All Conservatives Thrilled About Romney VP Pick

It's really interesing and telling when someone makes a criticism of Ryan for instance, that other names are brought up who supposedly didn't do things either. I don't like Harry Reid and was hoping he'd lose in NV but we are talking about Paul Ryan here and the things he's accomplished. Which isn't much for a supposedly respected and fantastic leader as Mitt Romney now calls him. As a leader, his record is dismal. If he were a leader he'd get more bills passed. He is like every other member of Congress--out for themselves!

He did lead, he came up with a budget that was trying to tackle items that people will attack you on.Look you can make up some metric about bills passed, what is an acceptible amount? Watch stuff and learn things, this is a talking points item, it's a red herring.

I'd say he's leading here. Where is the Obama Administration. Arent they supposed to be leading NOW?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_f20ZDBj5k"]Tim Geithner to Paul Ryan: "We don't have a definitive solution... We just don't like yours" - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
[

Obama has a mysterious lucky streak where his opponents tend to drop out of races against him after divorce records (for example) seem to materialize out of thin air

:eusa_shhh:

But no......

He doesn't do "smear" campaigns.
:eusa_boohoo:

Wow, the sad thing is you probably believe this.

Now, to let THIS lie get debunked.

In 2004, one of Obama's opponents was a guy named Blair Hull. The thing was, Blair just didn't have "divorce records", he had an arrest record when his ex-wife had charged him with hitting her. (Both divorce and arrest records are Public in IL) It was also revealed that he called his wife the word that the moderators won't let us use outside the flame zone, which was pretty much the end of him. Oh, he tried to get his ex-wife to come out for him publically, then he tried to blame her personally. Nothing did in Blair Hull but his own arrogance.

Also, there were five other candidates in that race, including such heavy hitters as Maria Pappas, Gery Chico and Dan Hynes. None of them had issues with their divorce records.

Now, in the general election, we had another divorcee... and because of the issues with Hull, some people asked Jack Ryan if there was anything in his record. Ryan insisted up and down there wasn't, lied to the media that the issues were related to his special needs son, and that we just couldn't see why he would be divorce a hot actress like Jeri Ryan. (My theory was he actually saw an episode of Star Trek:Voyager and lost all respect for her. I know I did.)

Well, the media, not Obama, sued to open those records, and eventually prevailed, and guess what, found out that Ryan was being less than truthful. Accusations about sex clubs and such. Now, personally, I think Ryan got a bad rap. I think she was making stuff up to get a better settlement. But the person who really did Ryan in was Judy Barr Topinka. She wanted to run against Blago and she didn't want a strong candidate to run for Senate to challenger her in 2006.

So she got the party to sandbag Ryan, she refused to give the nomination to Oberweis, who was the runner-up, and she brought in Alan Keyes to run. Apparently we didn't have one Conservative or Republican in the whole of IL to replace Ryan, so we imported a nutbag.

So, um, maybe you should study facts before you believing conspiracy theories you've heard on talk radio.

I also saw how Obama slung mountains of shit at Hillary, et.al then turned around and licked her clit with SoS position.

Different?

Well, um, yeah, because he really didn't... but whatever you need to tell yourself.

Again, the ODS brain disease where every criticism of a Republican has to be met with "but...but...but... Obama."

Well, you have been saying that a lot lately but there is no brain disease when people point out that Obama did the exact same thing. What you call brain disease is actually people pointing out those things that are not a problem and do not matter but seem to suddenly matter to Obama supporters as soon as they can pin something on Romney. Then, usually, they flat out deny that Obama has done any such thing.

This is not a one side issue though. The same happened (and continues to happen) when people point out Bush did the same thing as Obama in many cases but they are excusing Bush for the same issues (not to be confused with people that condemn BOTH presidents for those actions). There is a name for this already: partisan hackery.

No, guy, it really is a brain disease... and it was when people did the whole "but..but...Bush" shit a few years ago. (And a few still do.)

Neither one of you has pointed out the "buckets of shit" that Obama dumped on Hillary. In fact, quite the contrary, despite there being tons of really questionable stuff (we are talking about the Clintons, after all) most of Hillary's injuries were self inflicted. The fact she had absolutely no plan after Super Tuesday. Bill making that dumb comment about black voters in South Carolina.

Democratic voters, for whatever reason, decided that while they all liked Hillary, they didn't want the lightening rod of the kind of hate Clinton incurred. Little did they suspect that Clinton hatred would pale compared to Obama hatred.

[

Obama has a mysterious lucky streak where his opponents tend to drop out of races against him after divorce records (for example) seem to materialize out of thin air

:eusa_shhh:

But no......

He doesn't do "smear" campaigns.
:eusa_boohoo:

Wow, the sad thing is you probably believe this.

Now, to let THIS lie get debunked.

In 2004, one of Obama's opponents was a guy named Blair Hull. The thing was, Blair just didn't have "divorce records", he had an arrest record when his ex-wife had charged him with hitting her. (Both divorce and arrest records are Public in IL) It was also revealed that he called his wife the word that the moderators won't let us use outside the flame zone, which was pretty much the end of him. Oh, he tried to get his ex-wife to come out for him publically, then he tried to blame her personally. Nothing did in Blair Hull but his own arrogance.

Also, there were five other candidates in that race, including such heavy hitters as Maria Pappas, Gery Chico and Dan Hynes. None of them had issues with their divorce records.

Now, in the general election, we had another divorcee... and because of the issues with Hull, some people asked Jack Ryan if there was anything in his record. Ryan insisted up and down there wasn't, lied to the media that the issues were related to his special needs son, and that we just couldn't see why he would be divorce a hot actress like Jeri Ryan. (My theory was he actually saw an episode of Star Trek:Voyager and lost all respect for her. I know I did.)

Well, the media, not Obama, sued to open those records, and eventually prevailed, and guess what, found out that Ryan was being less than truthful. Accusations about sex clubs and such. Now, personally, I think Ryan got a bad rap. I think she was making stuff up to get a better settlement. But the person who really did Ryan in was Judy Barr Topinka. She wanted to run against Blago and she didn't want a strong candidate to run for Senate to challenger her in 2006.

So she got the party to sandbag Ryan, she refused to give the nomination to Oberweis, who was the runner-up, and she brought in Alan Keyes to run. Apparently we didn't have one Conservative or Republican in the whole of IL to replace Ryan, so we imported a nutbag.

So, um, maybe you should study facts before you believing conspiracy theories you've heard on talk radio.

Well, first off, thanks for the more detailed account.
I'm glad you see that Ryan was railroaded. (that was the instance I was talking about....hadn't heard of the other ones)

But, to me, it reads like typical Chicago-style thuggery politics.....
:eusa_shifty:

Americans don't believe GOP presidential contender Mitt Romney hit a home run with his choice of Paul Ryan as a running mate, a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll finds, with more of the public giving him lower marks than high ones.

Ryan, a Wisconsin congressman, is seen as only a "fair" or "poor" choice by 42% of Americans vs. 39% who think he is an "excellent" or "pretty good" vice presidential choice.

More: USAT/Gallup Poll: Paul Ryan gets low marks for VP

Americans don't believe GOP presidential contender Mitt Romney hit a home run with his choice of Paul Ryan as a running mate, a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll finds, with more of the public giving him lower marks than high ones.

Ryan, a Wisconsin congressman, is seen as only a "fair" or "poor" choice by 42% of Americans vs. 39% who think he is an "excellent" or "pretty good" vice presidential choice.

Most Americans don't know Paul Ryan. But they will and when they do--they're going to like him.

While growing up, Ryan and his family often went on hiking and skiing trips in the Colorado Rocky Mountains.[7][14] Since Ryan shares his first name with his father, he was given the nickname, "P.D." (for Paul Davis), but it was often mistaken for "Petey", which Ryan disliked.[15] When Ryan was 16, his father died of a heart attack in bed and Ryan found him there. According to Ryan, his father, grandfather and great-grandfather all died from heart attacks at ages 55, 57, and 59 respectively, inspiring his later interest in health and exercise.[14] After his father's death, Ryan's grandmother, who suffered from Alzheimer's disease, moved in with his family and he helped care for her.[4] His father’s death provided Ryan with Social Security benefits until his 18th birthday, which he saved to pay for his education at Miami University of Ohio.[15][16]
As a junior at Joseph A. Craig High School in Janesville, Ryan was elected class president, which made him prom king and gave him his first political position, a seat on the school board representing his high school.[4] He competed in track, was on his high school's ski and varsity soccer teams and played basketball in a Catholic recreational league,[17][18][19] as well as being a member of several academic clubs and the Model United Nations.[17][4] After his sophomore year he worked the grill at McDonald's.[4]
Paul Ryan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And here he is taking on Barack Obama over spending. This 41 year old from Wisconsin is brilliant.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPxMZ1WdINs]Paul Ryan: Hiding Spending Doesn't Reduce Spending - YouTube[/ame]

"When you don't have a record to run on, you need to paint your opponent as someone people should run from"--Barack Obama

Americans commenting on someone they don't know. Liberals love it when ignorant people vote.

Americans commenting on someone they don't know. Liberals love it when ignorant people vote.

Indeed..........the Dems can only get elected thanks to the participation of large numbers of the hopelessly naive ( mostly the under 30 crowd ) and the minorities ( many of whom think Sarah Palin is our current vice president) looking for profound levels of handouts.

Still.......the election most definately will swing on the crappy economy. It always does.

I think for sure he'll score a few points on likeability, the question will be how effective he can be at communicating budgetary matters. The Democrats will be hammering on the emotional side from here on in, so we'll see if he can cut through. He's the anti-Romney personality-wise, though, that has to help.

Rep Ryan even votes against Veterans Affairs issues.

In 1999, he voted for the Nutcase Amendment, Creating an Interpretation that Amendment One was actually a States Rights issue. That was Amendment to a Juvenile Justice bill. It was to allow states to determine the ability to disply the Ten Commandments.

Even Jesus was in opposition to the Law of Moses--The Law was made for Man not Man for the Law. At the trial before the Jewish Elders, then Jesus--a self-declared mortal--had heads pointing up to the heavens to see: Guess Who! That would be a Ten Commandments violation, death by stoning the penalty.

The Catholics have art about that, even in Church(?). . .Probably unlike Mormons(?)!

Rome was in in control. The Jewish elders could not do stoning. The Clever and Mocking Romans set up a stoning kind of choice. Either the people would kill Jesus, or Barrabas. The Law was preserved. Likely Rome knew more about it than the Republican Base. . . .And Clearly more than Represenative Ryan knows or knew about it!

Catholic Bishops find Ryan's economics immoral. The Vatican opposes the Death Penalty. Just think how foreign leaders must feel(?). They know very little about him either!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Prairie Squirrel Who Chatters In Moutain Pines: Mainly only creature needing even more than one nutcase in one hutch(?)! Many maybe say so(?)!"

Last edited:
Well, first off, thanks for the more detailed account.
I'm glad you see that Ryan was railroaded. (that was the instance I was talking about....hadn't heard of the other ones)

But, to me, it reads like typical Chicago-style thuggery politics.....
:eusa_shifty:

He was, but it wasn't by Obama. It was by the Media and the IL-GOP. The people who sued for his records, ironically, was the right leaning Chicago Tribune.

Obama didn't have any reason to sandbag Ryan. He was leading him by double digits, and Ryan got a spate of bad publicity when a staffer went around following Obama into the men's room at various events, trying to catch him saying something incriminating on tape.

Of the circus that followed with Judy being more interested in killing potential rivals than finding a good candidate was horrigying to watch. Alan Keyes embarrassed everyone.

Incidently, in 2004, I wrote in Jack Ryan as my Senate Candidate. Since then, Jack Ryan has been my go-to write in when I think both candidate suck.

Blago vs. Judy Baar- 2006 "Jack Ryan".

Durbin vs. whoever the GOP put up for Show in 2008- Jack Ryan.

Didn't use Jack in 2010, but in 2012, I put his name in instead of the dead-beat dad Joe Walsh.

I might write him in as President this year with these two jokers.

My poll - Biden's a fucking idiot.

Obama is a miserable failure.

Now you've heard from a real American voter - not some unemployed welfare case called by USA Today.

Go fuck yourself.

Forum List

Back