Not All Conservatives Thrilled About Romney VP Pick

No it doesn't end Medicare--those under than 55 years old can still opt for Medicare. The only difference is they can make choices as to which health care policy they want.

STOP WITH THE LIES

They will be asked to shop for a private insurance plan and will not get enough money to cover it.

Do you know that seniors pay for premiums out of their SSI and Pensions now?
Medicare does not pay completely for their insurance.

No it doesn't end Medicare--those under than 55 years old can still opt for Medicare. The only difference is they can make choices as to which health care policy they want.

STOP WITH THE LIES

They will be asked to shop for a private insurance plan and will not get enough money to cover it.

Wolfsister is probably objecting to the idea that people will be forced to go out and shop. This will involve actual thought and choice--two things Democrats hate.

Do we all realize that the Ryan Budget plan is NOT the plan that Romney/Ryan will be running on ????????

The Republicans should have some type of plan? To go into a presidential election with only a frozen "see how rich I am" smile may not do it. Wonder if any candidate, Republican, Whig or Democratic was ever elected just based on their wealth? Lincoln, poor as a church mouse, by this time, may be an embarassment to the Republican party?

The same reason Kerry's campaign was a disaster, even though the election was one of the closest in history.

The president is not in a dead heat in most of the polls.

He actually has an electoral college lock at this point.

As for people not liking Ryan as VP; they really do not like the Governor as President if the recent past is any indication:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...governor-doesnt-need-enemies.html#post5795590

Damn, that was quick.

I just voted in my primary a couple hours ago.

So, I don't need to bother walking around my block, to the polling place, in November.

Thanks.

:eusa_shhh:

The president is not in a dead heat in most of the polls.

As for people not liking Ryan as VP; they really do not like the Governor as President if the recent past is any indication:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...governor-doesnt-need-enemies.html#post5795590

Damn, that was quick.

So, I don't need to bother walking around my block, to the polling place, in November.

Thanks.

For President, if you're voting for anyone other than the President, the vote will go as either uncounted if the opposition party doesn't win your state (thanks Electoral College). If the opposition party does win your state, your vote will be counted but the President will win the Electoral College; make no mistake about that.

That having been said, the Presidenial "contest" isn't the only thing to vote for this fall. Get informed and make sure you vote for those down-ticket races as well.

Do we all realize that the Ryan Budget plan is NOT the plan that Romney/Ryan will be running on ????????

For the Governor's political sake, I hope you're right. But if that budget wasn't/isn't the reason for Congressman Ryan to be there; what else is there? Certainly, he didn't think he was ready to be President--he didn't run. A 6 term congressman from Nowheresville, WI certainly hasn't given him the appreciation of the nation as a whole.

It was a poor choice by Romney; given the others that were available to him.

STOP WITH THE LIES

The misinformation continues.

The money for coverage would not go to individuals. They will pick their plan (like NINETY PERCENT OF MEDICARE RECIPIENTS already freakin' pick their freakin' Medicare Advantage or Medicare Supplement plans http://assets.aarp.org/rgcenter/health/fs149_medicare.pdf) and the money will go directly from the government to the plan, PMPM (Per Member Per Month).

Do we all get that? 90% of Medicare recipients already shop for and own either Supplements or Medicare Advantage plans. And most love their coverage.

Some plans will cost more for more coverage, some plans will cost less. Low income people will have subsidies. This just isn't that goddamn complicated.

People need to learn just a freakin' bit about how Medicare works NOW. Maybe THAT would help them understand Ryan's plan.

I don't care much for Ryan's plan. I care even less for Obamacare. But let's at least know what the fuck we're talking about before we spread the bullshit.

Last edited:

Damn, that was quick.

Thanks.

For President, if you're voting for anyone other than the President, the vote will go as either uncounted if the opposition party doesn't win your state (thanks Electoral College). If the opposition party does win your state, your vote will be counted but the President will win the Electoral College; make no mistake about that.

That having been said, the Presidenial "contest" isn't the only thing to vote for this fall. Get informed and make sure you vote for those down-ticket races as well.

Just finished voting for:

My neighbor for State House

My lawyer for Circuit Judge

Ex co-worker for County Commissioner

Old fishing buddy for Supervisor of Elections

Actually voted to replace my all-time favorite Congressman, Rooney. Hoping he loses to the Republican challenger, because I really don't want to wind up voting for the Democrat that'll run against him in November

AND I had the pleasure of voting for who I want to take Bill Nelson's seat away from him

:clap2:

:salute:

The Romney camp wanted the economy to be front and center, but with Ryan on the ticket Medicare and entitlements are now at the forefront. That is a win for the Dems...thanks Mitt...

The Romney camp wanted the economy to be front and center, but with Ryan on the ticket Medicare and entitlements are now at the forefront. That is a win for the Dems...thanks Mitt...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myYEb15AyPk]Barack Obama in 2008:Entitlement Reform in First Term - YouTube[/ame]

STFU

:eusa_hand:

There is no Obama plan beyond the very thing Ryan pointed out in the video.

Is that really what you need to make yourself believe to justify supporting Vouchercare?

ACO? You need to add a whole new bureaucracy? Yeah, that's gotta work! that's the only solution, more and bigger government!

An ACO isn't the government.

Mittens said just yesterday he couldn't think of any differences between his plan and Ryan's. And if wanted to distance himself from Ryan, he sure picked the wrong running mate.

OK. Obamacare is in the forefront. That would be the program that has a disapproval rate over 50%, and only gets worse the more news comes out. It has already cost Obama the Catholic vote.

But the economy is still the issue. And Obama's handling sucks.

Wolfsister is probably objecting to the idea that people will be forced to go out and shop. This will involve actual thought and choice--two things Democrats hate.

No, I object to the cost. If Seniors can't afford to pay for a plan, and they don't get enough money via voucher, they pay out of pocket or don't get coverage.

The reason Medicare was created in the first place was to take care of the elderly and disabled and those with serious conditions like End Stage Renal Disease and Kidney Transplants. Things that would be incredibly expensive with private insurance if they could find a private insurance company to cover them.

And the money you get via voucher isn't guaranteed. It varies with inflation so if the cost of healthcare is higher than inflation-well, figure out a way to pay the extra or go without.

Do I think the ACA is perfect? No, because we need a public option.

I'd prefer Medicare be expanded to cover everyone.

No, I object to the cost. If Seniors can't afford to pay for a plan, and they don't get enough money via voucher, they pay out of pocket or don't get coverage.

The reason Medicare was created in the first place was to take care of the elderly and disabled and those with serious conditions like End Stage Renal Disease and Kidney Transplants. Things that would be incredibly expensive with private insurance if they could find a private insurance company to cover them.

And the money you get via voucher isn't guaranteed. It varies with inflation so if the cost of healthcare is higher than inflation-well, figure out a way to pay the extra or go without.

Do I think the ACA is perfect? No, because we need a public option.

I'd prefer Medicare be expanded to cover everyone.

Don't they have a choice? Medicare or voucher?
I'm assuming that some people will take the voucher and use out of pocket costs to lock down a cadillac policy.
Others will just use the medicare

Medicare is a slow motion train wreck. There's no bottom line accountability and it's in everyone interest to try to jack up cost as much as possible.

Also that Obamaroids are telling us they cut $500 billion and it made the programs better has me scratching my head. How bad a program is it if that's possible?

actually, a pretty awful one because Republicans have spent decades making sure their corporate pals get a slice of the pie.

Take Medicare Part D, where the Medicare Adminstration was FORBIDDEN from buying drugs in bulk to save money so not to cut into big Pharma's profits.

So the original idea- Great. Make sure granny gets her medication rather than the expensive procedures that follow if she doesn't.

But Republicans said, "Hey, there isn't a douchebag getting rich off this deal, and frankly, nothing works in america unless someone gets rich!"

Medicare is a slow motion train wreck. There's no bottom line accountability and it's in everyone interest to try to jack up cost as much as possible.

Also that Obamaroids are telling us they cut $500 billion and it made the programs better has me scratching my head. How bad a program is it if that's possible?

actually, a pretty awful one because Republicans have spent decades making sure their corporate pals get a slice of the pie.

Take Medicare Part D, where the Medicare Adminstration was FORBIDDEN from buying drugs in bulk to save money so not to cut into big Pharma's profits.

So the original idea- Great. Make sure granny gets her medication rather than the expensive procedures that follow if she doesn't.

But Republicans said, "Hey, there isn't a douchebag getting rich off this deal, and frankly, nothing works in america unless someone gets rich!"
You're actually the douchebag here. Even if you are far from rich.
The main reason they prohibited medicare from negotiating is because they didnt want a monopsony on drugs. I realize you'll have to look up the term but it's good for you.

Remind me who the strongest supporters of Obamacare were. Yeah, drug companies, hospitals, and insurance companies.

You're actually the douchebag here. Even if you are far from rich.
The main reason they prohibited medicare from negotiating is because they didnt want a monopsony on drugs. I realize you'll have to look up the term but it's good for you.

Medicare would not create a monopsony on drugs.

Forum List

Back