Noshville Deli Is Closing

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
A local deli in business about 20 years is closing, thanks to Obamacare. This coming year the mandate affects businesses over 50 employees. Last year it was 100. This effectively caps how big any small business can grow. The penalty in going from 49 employees to 50 employees is enough to bankrupt most small businesses. Watch for unemployment to tick up after this. Thanks, Obama!
A Disgruntled Republican in Nashville: Noshville Deli Is Closing in Part Because of Obamacare

The Affordable Care Act does not require businesses to provide health benefits to their workers, but applicable large employers may face penalties if they don’t make affordable coverage available. The Employer Shared Responsibility Provision of the Affordable Care Act penalizes employers who either do not offer coverage or do not offer coverage which meets minimum value and affordability standards. In 2016, these penalties will apply to firms with 50 or more full-time equivalent employees. This flowchart illustrates how those employer responsibilities work.
Employer Responsibility Under the Affordable Care Act

Is there a reason why he doesn't have his employees work 30 hours like some other small businesses do to avoid buying healthcare for their employees ?
Obviously that wasnt workable. Most people cannot survive on only 30 hrs a week.

Single payer would have kept it open.

Correction:

It was closing anyway for reasons having nothing to do with healthcare.
Wrong. Read the article.

Why don't I just quote the owner?

Noshville Delicatessen Gary, the property has been sold and upcoming healthcare costs forced us to close a few months earlier than anticipated. Green Hills will remain open and we will begin extended hours through dinner beginning January 20th.

A local deli in business about 20 years is closing, thanks to Obamacare. This coming year the mandate affects businesses over 50 employees. Last year it was 100. This effectively caps how big any small business can grow. The penalty in going from 49 employees to 50 employees is enough to bankrupt most small businesses. Watch for unemployment to tick up after this. Thanks, Obama!
A Disgruntled Republican in Nashville: Noshville Deli Is Closing in Part Because of Obamacare

Are you sure this wasn't just God's way of telling the owners that we are a Christian Nation?

Correction:

Wrong. Read the article.

Noshville Delicatessen Gary, the property has been sold and upcoming healthcare costs forced us to close a few months earlier than anticipated. Green Hills will remain open and we will begin extended hours through dinner beginning January 20th.
Thank you for confirming Obamacare mandates caused this restaurant to close.
Now go fuck yourself, dimwit.

Agreed, this is the tactic of the lying scum from the right. Anything to allow the 1% get their way and the lies they will use to get there.

I'm sure that Rabbi really means to say that they're closing due to a lack of access to illegal immigrant labor.
The rabbit is using an edited condensed version...The owner said the building was sold months ago...

Nice try Rabbi....I blame Obama

Noshville could close its doors in Midtown sometime next year if the mixed-use project planned for its location moves forward.
On Wednesday the developer planning that development at the corner of Broadway and 20th Avenue South completed buying the diner's roughly half an acre home for $3.3 million. That was the final tract known to be needed for the project.

Correction:

Wrong. Read the article.

Thank you for confirming Obamacare mandates caused this restaurant to close.
Now go fuck yourself, dimwit.

No need to melt down it's just a messageboard.

My post:

"It was closing anyway for reasons having nothing to do with healthcare."

Rabbi's response, frothy mouthed denial.

My post:

The owner confirms it was closing anyway.

Rabbi's response, a nervous breakdown.

Nice try Rabbi....I blame Obama

Noshville could close its doors in Midtown sometime next year if the mixed-use project planned for its location moves forward.
On Wednesday the developer planning that development at the corner of Broadway and 20th Avenue South completed buying the diner's roughly half an acre home for $3.3 million. That was the final tract known to be needed for the project.
Failure to rad the artilce, failure to read the headline. Lying by omission. Yup, it's another post by Nutwinger.

Forum List

Back