North Korea Attacks!

North Korea seen readying for fourth nuclear test: report
By Ju-min Park and Jack Kim

Reuters

7:56 p.m. CDT, April 7, 2013
SEOUL (Reuters) - Activity in North Korea appears to show it is preparing for a fourth nuclear test, with movement at its atomic test site similar to events preceding earlier blasts, a newspaper reported on Monday, quoting a senior South Korean government official.

North Korea has intensified warnings in recent weeks, declaring it had entered a state of war with Seoul, threatening to strike U.S. targets and blocking access to a border factory complex jointly run with the South.

U.S. commander in South Korea cancels Washington trip over tensions
"There are recent active movements of manpower and vehicles at the southern tunnel at Punggye-ri," South Korea's JoongAng Ilbo newspaper quoted an unidentified government official as saying. The official was referring to North Korea's nuclear test site.

"We are monitoring because the situation is similar to behavior seen prior to the third nuclear test," the official was quoted as saying. It was unclear, the official told the newspaper, whether the activities were intended to mislead U.S. surveillance.

North Korea seen readying for fourth nuclear test: report - chicagotribune.com

Concerning your signature, on your best day you've never been intelligent enough to kill anyone's thread.

How does it feel being a lonely communist in this nation?

The invasion force is at sea! We're DOOMED!

The North Koreans had to plan to bomb Seattle, but it was spoiled when they found out that UPS does not pick up packages for deliery from North korea.

I was reading the Times today and it was saying that even China is getting sick of North Korea's shit. Apparently there's just been a regime change with a new President being put into place in China who's been a lot easier to work with than the previous one. Also China hasn't raised public or private objections to the joint US/South Korea military exercises in the area in response to the threats. Kim Jung-Un better relax or he's going to lose the support of his masters.

China's leaders issued thinly veiled rebukes to North Korea for raising regional tensions, with the president saying no country should throw the world into chaos and the foreign minister warning that Beijing would not allow mischief on its doorstep.
China rebukes North Korea, says no state should sow chaos | Reuters

China has warned North Korea to knock it the fuck off.

No contest...

North-Korea-v-South-Korea-008.jpg

North Korea is dangerous. Very dangerous. Not because of the sophistication or lethality of their weapon systems, but because they have a large number of them and are really stupid enough to use them.

We know that North Korea has approximately 10,000 artillery pieces close enough to lob about 500,000 rounds of high explosive onto Seoul in the first hour. The results would be a conflaguration that would consume Seoul. Imagine the dead. It would be impossible to get relief in there.

We know that they have around 4,000 tanks and armored vehicles that would try a massive 'rush' to the south should they decide to cross the DMV. The 'cutting edge' North Korean tank is on par with Iraqs version of the T-72, although they have a version of the T-82 coming on line. Remember that most of their tanks come from the Chinese, although they have licensed to build a number of them.

As for aircraft, they have around 1,000 fighters that they could put into the sky. These are not even remotely on par with the F-35, F-22, the F-15, F-16, or the F/A-18. We're talking mid 70's - 80's Chinese technology. But as I said, there are a lot of them. They have a newer version of a Chinese fighter/bomber that they build on license, but once again, not enough numbers to talk about.

The biggest threat that the North Koreans pose is in the number of bodies that they can put into the field. 1 Million man army. 6 Million if they call up the reserves.

Where North Korea gets its leathality is in its complete and utter disregard for conventional thought. Everyone is their enemy. Everyone. They don't even like the Chinese really, ESPECIALLY since they have such close ties with the US. They feel that the Chinese has sold them out completely. They are convinced that they are alone fighting for their survival. Couple that with a psychotic leader and ruling council and you have a very volatile mix.

I am a conservative and a member/supporter of the Tea Party. But, I pray that God grants our President and his advisors wisdom. I hope and pray that they see that the military MUST be prepared to deal with such maniacs. 30,000 American military members have their lives at stake.

Last edited:
As un civilized as this sounds WAR is always about gaining something.
It could be land resources or any other asset a nation has...We are the only nation thats fights defensive wars...this will bankrupt us sooner or later. The spoiles of war is not a joke when we waste American lives we need to make the countries we fight ours---Oh my god he is talking about conquest DAM right I'am. Wake up

Your either very ignorant or naïve.

In 2010, the North Koreans sank a South Korean warship, killing 46, and launched an artillery barrage on an island that killed two of its civilians and two South Korean marines.
North Korean forces are arrayed along the demilitarized zone with 10,000 artillery pieces capable of reaching Seoul, said Bruce Klingner, a former CIA analyst now at the Heritage Foundation.

That proximity would let them cause a lot of casualties and damage in the initial stages of an attack. The North Koreans have about 1.1 million troops in their armed forces. Three-quarters of them are staged within 60 miles of the DMZ, Klingner said.

They also have long-range missiles capable of reaching targets in Japan and U.S. bases in Guam, Okinawa and the Japanese mainland.

Any conventional attack from the North would likely begin with an artillery barrage, which could include chemical weapons. The North Koreans have 5,000 tons of chemical warheads.

"They would try to overwhelm U.S. and Korean forces with volume," he said.

The artillery barrage would probably be followed by a blitzkrieg of tanks. The North has at least 4,000 tanks, though most of them are older Soviet-era models. Mechanized forces and infantry could also pour across the border. The North's special forces could infiltrate south in advance of an assault.

U.S. warplanes would attempt to destroy the artillery and tanks quickly in precision airstrikes, said Michael O'Hanlon, a military analyst at the Brookings Institution. The worst case: a nuclear missile or aircraft carrying such a weapon could slip through the South's defenses.

Any initial assault would face about 28,500 U.S. troops and about 600,000 troops in the South Korean armed forces.

North Korean forces are arrayed along the demilitarized zone with 10,000 artillery pieces capable of reaching Seoul, said Bruce Klingner, a former CIA analyst now at the Heritage Foundation.

That proximity would let them cause a lot of casualties and damage in the initial stages of an attack. The North Koreans have about 1.1 million troops in their armed forces. Three-quarters of them are staged within 60 miles of the DMZ, Klingner said.

They also have long-range missiles capable of reaching targets in Japan and U.S. bases in Guam, Okinawa and the Japanese mainland.

Any conventional attack from the North would likely begin with an artillery barrage, which could include chemical weapons. The North Koreans have 5,000 tons of chemical warheads, Klingner said.

"They would try to overwhelm U.S. and Korean forces with volume," he said.

The artillery barrage would probably be followed by a blitzkrieg of tanks. The North has at least 4,000 tanks, though most of them are older Soviet-era models. Mechanized forces and infantry could also pour across the border. The North's special forces could infiltrate south in advance of an assault.

U.S. warplanes would attempt to destroy the artillery and tanks quickly in precision airstrikes, said Michael O'Hanlon, a military analyst at the Brookings Institution. The worst case: a nuclear missile or aircraft carrying such a weapon could slip through the South's defenses.

Any initial assault would face about 28,500 U.S. troops and about 600,000 troops in the South Korean armed forces.

"In the war game simulations eventually we prevail, but it's World War I (levels of) casualties," Klingner said.
I agree South Korea would be hit hard. With Seoul being only about 60 miles from the boarder, it would be toast in a full attack. However, I don't think the South Korean military would be overrun with over 500,000 troops, 30,000 US personnel, 5,000 tanks, and God knows how many missile batteries. The South is far better trained and equipped.

The South Korean strategy is to respond to any attack in kind. If the North launched and all out attack, Pyongyang along with all high valued targets would be leveled in a matter of days. However, when it's all over, there wouldn't be much left of Seoul or Pyongyang which should be enough to keep both sides in check.

I really hope North Korea doesn't collapse before I'm able to visit there. That culture is an obsolete artifact of the darkest days of the 20th century. I find an archaic Orwellian society so heavy on brain washing and bullshit utterly fascinating.

And North Korea isn't scary because of North Korea. North Korea is scary because they're a puppet of China and any trigger in that area could start a World War scenario.

Won’t happen.

An attack by NK is unlikely anyway no matter how much chest thumping they do as those in power have to understand it all but ensures they will die. The leader is one thing – he can be crazy but the generals are another. They have to know that their lives would be forfeit in such an encounter of nations.

Also, the idea that China is going to get involved is simply off base. If WE attacked NK, that is a clar possibility but if NK is the aggressor it is another story altogether. China is not going to put their entire country in danger, go to war with their best customers and risk destruction on a global scale because of an errant and idiotic dictator of a small neighboring country. It is not in their interests to go to war with us anymore than it is in ours to go to war with China. An attack by NK will kill thousands of our troops. We are not going to fail to respond to that.
If there is any military action, I think the most likely will either be:

• NK attacks and takes one of the Korean islands in dispute. Supreme Leader could then claim a victory and pursue a truce. This would give Kim Jong-un just what he wants.

• Another real possibility is a mistake on either side of the DMZ. With over a million troops, thousands of tanks, artillery pieces, and missile batteries on high alert, little more than a pack of firecrackers could start a war. Unless Kim Jon-un has taken leave of his senses, he's not going to order a full blown attack across the DMZ which he knows would prove to be suicidal once the US unleashed it's air power.

If the North attacks, Pyongyang should--within the hour--vanish in a nuclear fireball. Time to tell Junior that we are DONE fucking around with him.

Sorry bout that,

1. Never happen, nothing will happen, maybe Obama will throw the *little dictator* a couple hundred million, that's about it.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

North Korea has already forced the US to back off. To them, they are winning and have no reason to believe that they won't continue to win.

U.S. Dials Back on Korean Show of Force - WSJ.com

WASHINGTON—After a high-visibility display of military power aimed at deterring North Korean provocations, the White House is dialing back the aggressive posture amid fears that it could inadvertently trigger an even deeper crisis, according to U.S. officials.

The U.S. is putting a pause to what several officials described as a step-by-step plan the Obama administration approved earlier this year, dubbed "the playbook

What an utter fool obama is. What a complete and utter blithering idiot. He is going to excite North Korea into a full scale attack and we will deserve every bit of it for having put this fool in office.

It's be wasteful to keep forces there any longer than necessary. The message has been delivered and any invasion from the north would be met by overwhelming air power, which would turn their armor into scrap before they ever got to Seoul. They can't expect a repeat of 1950. The SKs are ready, we're there to back them up and China knows all a war would do is ruin their economic boom.

It isnt as easy to predict the outcome of a war as you might think.
This one would be pretty easy.

The North Koreans had to plan to bomb Seattle, but it was spoiled when they found out that UPS does not pick up packages for deliery from North korea.
Which reminds me....
Missiles are not the only vehicle that can delivery nuclear devices to US cities. With over 12,000 miles of coast line and millions of containers arriving in US ports, there is plenty of opportunity to delivery a nuclear payload into the US a lot more reliably than a 6 or 7 thousand mile missile shot.

North Korea is dangerous. Very dangerous. Not because of the sophistication or lethality of their weapon systems, but because they have a large number of them and are really stupid enough to use them.

We know that North Korea has approximately 10,000 artillery pieces close enough to lob about 500,000 rounds of high explosive onto Seoul in the first hour. The results would be a conflaguration that would consume Seoul. Imagine the dead. It would be impossible to get relief in there.

We know that they have around 4,000 tanks and armored vehicles that would try a massive 'rush' to the south should they decide to cross the DMV. The 'cutting edge' North Korean tank is on par with Iraqs version of the T-72, although they have a version of the T-82 coming on line. Remember that most of their tanks come from the Chinese, although they have licensed to build a number of them.

As for aircraft, they have around 1,000 fighters that they could put into the sky. These are not even remotely on par with the F-35, F-22, the F-15, F-16, or the F/A-18. We're talking mid 70's - 80's Chinese technology. But as I said, there are a lot of them. They have a newer version of a Chinese fighter/bomber that they build on license, but once again, not enough numbers to talk about.

The biggest threat that the North Koreans pose is in the number of bodies that they can put into the field. 1 Million man army. 6 Million if they call up the reserves.

Where North Korea gets its leathality is in its complete and utter disregard for conventional thought. Everyone is their enemy. Everyone. They don't even like the Chinese really, ESPECIALLY since they have such close ties with the US. They feel that the Chinese has sold them out completely. They are convinced that they are alone fighting for their survival. Couple that with a psychotic leader and ruling council and you have a very volatile mix.

I am a conservative and a member/supporter of the Tea Party. But, I pray that God grants our President and his advisors wisdom. I hope and pray that they see that the military MUST be prepared to deal with such maniacs. 30,000 American military members have their lives at stake.
I think we are very well prepared to deal them, just not on their terms.

Which reminds me....
Missiles are not the only vehicle that can delivery nuclear devices to US cities. With over 12,000 miles of coast line and millions of containers arriving in US ports, there is plenty of opportunity to delivery a nuclear payload into the US a lot more reliably than a 6 or 7 thousand mile missile shot.

Especially if one is in a COSCO trailer. In case you don't know COSCO (China Ocean Shipping Company) is one of the largest manufacturers and shippers of container trailers in the world. It's a multifaceted company based in Beijing and is a joint government/public company, as all large businesses are in China. More importantly, its controlling government entity is the Chinese Ministry of Security, their equivalent of our CIA.

Even more troubling is that COSCO trailers shipped from some foreign ports, including Hong Kong and Shanghai (I believe) have agreements with our customs department to pre-clear and seal trailers bound for the United States. Those agreements were made during the elder Bush and Clinton years, I think. In any case, our customs inspectors accept Chinese guarantees that nothing illegal is onboard those trailers, subject to periodic, random inspections. Those agreements are reciprocal, but we're not likely to sneak anything into China, are we?

In other words, they could theoretically load a remote detonated nuclear weapon onto a COSCO trailer, certify the cargo as whatever, seal the doors and the only real likelihood of being caught would be if our customs department decided to scan it for radiation when it leaves the port area. Which, incidentally, is not likely at the Port of Los Angeles/San Pedro since the Clinton administration gave the old Long Beach Navy Base to COSCO.

Bombs could theoretically be delivered by American truckers unaware of the real cargo to any point in the USA.

Just something to keep you awake at night. :D

What would happens if modern China with its giant economy jumps on North Korea's side?

What do you mean "jumps on North Korea's side?" Who do you think has been propping up that regime for the past 60 years or so?

Forum List

Back