North Carolina

Nemo Securus

Captain Common Sense
Jun 11, 2008
The Old North State
I few pics I took a couple of years ago before I got into photography school. People here take NC for granted, but maybe you guys will appreciate them.

p1000017.jpg

p10002762.jpg

p10001242.jpg

I'll put up more in a bit.

Beautiful.

If I ever finally decide to buy a digital camera I'll show you my area of Maine.

Thanks! Like I say alot of folks around ehre are embarassed of being from the area and I don't know why. They act like there is nothing to do around here but if they would just go outside they would realize how good NC can be. I have always wanted to go to Maine, I hear its a beautiful place. I have never been farther north than NY. I am trying to sell the camera I took these pics with actually. Its a higher end point and shoot camera, I now have a Nikon D80 for school. But if you want to take great pics for a low price the one I used here is great.

Maine has it's moments, to be sure.

Every place I have ever lived had something to offer to be honest.

It all depends on what you like.

There's an ass for every seat.

I've always wanted to visit North Carolina, those are really pretty pictueres.

Beautiful.

If I ever finally decide to buy a digital camera I'll show you my area of Maine.

Maine has it's moments, to be sure.

Every place I have ever lived had something to offer to be honest.

It all depends on what you like.

There's an ass for every seat.

actually, i had almost that same thought
i'll start a thread on Maine

Check out Wiseman's View at Linville Gorge. It is called "The Grand Canyon of the East". And the most people I have seen there at one time could be counted on one hand.

breakstone park wv (i think) also claims that title...wisemans view is now and has been handicapped accessable...but i rarely run into anyone there..and from wisemans view y ou have the best view of the brown mtn lights (google that)

breakstone park wv (i think) also claims that title...wisemans view is now and has been handicapped accessable...but i rarely run into anyone there..and from wisemans view y ou have the best view of the brown mtn lights (google that)
I'm aware of the legend of the brown mountain lights. That's as much of a fallacy as pagan beliefs. :D

Although the small park is handicap accessible the road going to it isn't exactly friendly for the typical city dweller. I'm sure that a significant percentage panic and turn around before they get near the paved entrance.

Have you seen the lights before? When I lived in Roswell NM, me and my mom were traveling between Roswell and Hobbs NM in the 80's and we saw weird lights too, but I think maybe the military could have been testing stuff, who knows. The wisemans view is Spectacular it would be fun to visit North Carolina.

I'm aware of the legend of the brown mountain lights. That's as much of a fallacy as pagan beliefs. :D

Although the small park is handicap accessible the road going to it isn't exactly friendly for the typical city dweller. I'm sure that a significant percentage panic and turn around before they get near the paved entrance.

actually i have never seen the lights....i have been there many times...

why so harsh on pagans? o let me guess you have the one true god...you know the one that says...have no other gods before me...seems that warning would be unnecessary if he was the only true god...imo

most go to the parking lot that allows you to walk down to the upper falls...the trip up the mtn will put people off..it becomes the longest 5 miles they have gone....we use to park about 2/3 of the way up and hike down to the gorge...good times.

actually i have never seen the lights....i have been there many times...

why so harsh on pagans? o let me guess you have the one true god...you know the one that says...have no other gods before me...seems that warning would be unnecessary if he was the only true god...imo

most go to the parking lot that allows you to walk down to the upper falls...the trip up the mtn will put people off..it becomes the longest 5 miles they have gone....we use to park about 2/3 of the way up and hike down to the gorge...good times.

There may be other small g gods but they didn't create the universe or you so to worship them is rather silly.

I've hiked to the northern peninsula twice and backpacked through most of the gorge. It is not well mapped and marked and my son and I got lost at least twice. The Cabin Trail is one of the steepest and strenuous trail that I have done in a long time, approaching the difficulty of the Presidential Range in New Hampshire.

The lights are probably just swarms of fireflies or some other earthly phenomenon.

One time me and my stepdad went Hiking in the Sandia Mountains in Albuquerque NM, and we got off trail and got lost (it was a nightmare) I'll never forget it. But it was nothing near the mountains of North Carolina I can't imagine the challenge of the hike you took on WOW !

Forum List

Back