I am buying a new Digital Camera

MasTequila

Jul 27, 2008
Illinois
I currently have a Cannon Rebel XTI and take pictures of sporting events - Football, Wrestling and Baseball. The camera works great for everyday type of use, excellent for day games but sucks when the lighting isn't perfect.

I have been looking at the 20D - finally affordable, but what can I do to take better pictures when the lighting is not perfect? Is it a lense thing or is a shutter speed thing?

I am tied to the Cannon series because of the heavy investment into lenses.

Yea definitely shutter and exposure problem. Just mess around with it. Try a number of different settings and write each one down. Then when you go to review your pictures, match your settings and pictures and find out which setup worked best and take note.

I currently have a Cannon Rebel XTI and take pictures of sporting events - Football, Wrestling and Baseball. The camera works great for everyday type of use, excellent for day games but sucks when the lighting isn't perfect.

I have been looking at the 20D - finally affordable, but what can I do to take better pictures when the lighting is not perfect? Is it a lense thing or is a shutter speed thing?

I am tied to the Cannon series because of the heavy investment into lenses.
have you looked at the Sony DSLR's?

350 (14.2 megapixels) | Sony | SonyStyle US

might want to take a look at that one

Forum List

Back