Norquist Endorses Trumps Tax Plan

Hey.............Jim Bowie..................guess you missed the part about Donald the Chump's plan going over 12 Trillion BECAUSE he cuts so many taxes, and that means the government is going to go broke under his plan.

And you apparently missed the part where I pointed out that bogus nuber was base assumed 1.1% annual growth in the economy, idiot.

Sorry............but many of the economists say their figures are right.

Tell ya what...............let's give it some more time to be looked over, and we'll see who is right, me or you.

I personally think that Chump is pulling the wool over your eyes.

I have lied in real life......and I am an asshole. But....where does the "murderous" come from? The same place where you learned that Obama is a dictator and wants to bring Jihad to America? You whacadoodle, you.
You support baby murder, therefore you are murderous.

That's ridiculous. You freakish imp.
It is plain old moral truth. You support murdering unborn babies.

You can't talk about any subject without bringing up your obsession. You are emotionally broken.

I'm for reducing the number of abortions.......just like we have for the past decade in this country.

You know how? By leaving the religious right and your holier than thou bullshit in the dust. Contraception, dummy. Cheap....effective and easy to get. Combines with family planning and sex Ed........things that PLANNED PARENTHOOD do.....to lower the number of unwanted, unplanned pregnancies.

You imbecile.

Try harder. You are boring me to tears.

Lol, a straw man, now as I have never opposed easily acquired condoms or sex ed. I object to much of how it is done, but no objection to it in its own right.

Your lies are getting tiring and have long been boring.

So why don't you stop posting in response, dude?

You favor contraception? Or just condoms? Let's not be dishonest. Birth control pills, the morning after pill.....all of it?

Sorry............but many of the economists say their figures are right.

No duh, Sir Duh, but which ones don't think their figures are right?

Does a 1.1% annual economic growth rate make any fucking sense to you?

Tell ya what...............let's give it some more time to be looked over, and we'll see who is right, me or you.

Lol, yeah, as if. If Trump gets elected, I guarantee that the US economy will grow at about a 4% or better growth rate.

I personally think that Chump is pulling the wool over your eyes.
I am not a Trump supporter, though my wife is. I prefer Rand Paul and Huckabee or Carson more. But right now Trump is the one getting most of the attention, putting out more detail and getting more aggressive with the more significant problems our country faces.

But I do admit that I end up defending Trump so much I think he ought to pay me for it, lol.

You support baby murder, therefore you are murderous.

That's ridiculous. You freakish imp.
It is plain old moral truth. You support murdering unborn babies.

You can't talk about any subject without bringing up your obsession. You are emotionally broken.

I'm for reducing the number of abortions.......just like we have for the past decade in this country.

You know how? By leaving the religious right and your holier than thou bullshit in the dust. Contraception, dummy. Cheap....effective and easy to get. Combines with family planning and sex Ed........things that PLANNED PARENTHOOD do.....to lower the number of unwanted, unplanned pregnancies.

You imbecile.

Try harder. You are boring me to tears.

Lol, a straw man, now as I have never opposed easily acquired condoms or sex ed. I object to much of how it is done, but no objection to it in its own right.

Your lies are getting tiring and have long been boring.

So why don't you stop posting in response, dude?

You favor contraception? Or just condoms? Let's not be dishonest. Birth control pills, the morning after pill.....all of it?

Some birth control pills are OK for being legal and of course condoms should be. I personally will not use them and have not after I got married.

Early reviews have Trumps plan costing $1 trillion a year in lost revenue

This is the part where Conservatives claim all tax cuts pay for themselves

That's awesome. Norquist endorsed Bush' plan too.

So what? Which Bush?

All Norquist is concerned about is reducing taxers and not raising them. Do that and he basically will endorse your tax plan.

Norquist has never had a job. Why anyone takes him seriously is amazing.

You really have no idea why the Republican Party takes Norquist seriously?

If you are that thick headed, I guess the question ought to be, Why should anyone take YOU seriously?

So what? Which Bush?

All Norquist is concerned about is reducing taxers and not raising them. Do that and he basically will endorse your tax plan.

If you are that thick headed, I guess the question ought to be, Why should anyone take YOU seriously?
They take him seriously because they are afraid of him

Norquists employment before his current position.
"Early in his career, Norquist was executive director of both the National Taxpayers Union and the national College Republicans, holding both positions until 1983. He served as Economist and Chief Speechwriter at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce from 1983 to 1984.[16]

"Norquist traveled to several war zones to help support anti-Soviet guerrilla armies in the second half of the 1980s.[citation needed] He worked with a support network for Oliver North's efforts with the Nicaraguan Contras and other insurgencies, in addition to promoting U.S. support for groups including Mozambique's RENAMO and Jonas Savimbi's UNITA in Angola[13] and helping to organize anti-Soviet forces in Laos. In 1985, he went to a conference in South Africa sponsored by South African businesses called the "Youth for Freedom Conference", which sought to bring American and South African conservatives together to end the anti-apartheid movement.[17] Norquist represented the France-Albert Rene government of The Seychelles as a lobbyist from 1995 until 1999. Norquist's efforts were the subject of Tucker Carlson's 1997 article in The New Republic, "What I sold at the revolution." [18][19]"

Grover Norquist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looks to me like he was a journalist, a writer, an executive director, and a paid lobbyist.

According to the links they based their numbers on the loss of income from the tax cuts alone.

I don't see any mention of the new tax that would reach out and touch global business hedge funds in there. I don't anything about economic growth, potential job increases from the lowered business taxes, nor anything about spending cuts he might be thinking about making (though that's on him for not saying, it's pretty clear he thinks we have a spending problem so I'd imagine there are some in there.)

Are there actual number's written down somewhere or just these reporters paraphrasing a guess? (Sorry I don't trust the media heh)

According to the links they based their numbers on the loss of income from the tax cuts alone.

I don't see any mention of the new tax that would reach out and touch global business hedge funds in there. I don't anything about economic growth, potential job increases from the lowered business taxes, nor anything about spending cuts he might be thinking about making (though that's on him for not saying, it's pretty clear he thinks we have a spending problem so I'd imagine there are some in there.)

Are there actual number's written down somewhere or just these reporters paraphrasing a guess? (Sorry I don't trust the media heh)

Yeah, there are a few reports going around that make ridiculous assumptions, like this one.

Tax Group: Trump Tax Plan Would Cost $12 Trillion

"Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump's tax plan would cost an eye-popping $12 trillion over 10 years, according a new estimate that runs directly counter to the billionaire's pledge not to increase the deficit with the proposal.

"The conservative Tax Foundation, which has been scoring candidates' tax proposals throughout the race, found that Trump's changes to the individual tax code would add $10.2 trillion to the deficit using traditional scoring methods, his corporate tax cuts would add $1.54 trillion and his proposal to eliminate the estate tax would add another $238 billion."

That report is here:

Details and Analysis of Donald Trump’s Tax Plan

"According to the Tax Foundation’s Taxes and Growth Model, the plan would significantly reduce marginal tax rates and the cost of capital, which would lead to an 11 percent higher GDP over the long term provided that the tax cut could be appropriately financed."

Now imagine that Trump was able to get all these tax cuts through Congress, do you think that the resulting economic growth would be a mere $50 billion annually in a nearly $5,000 billion annual economy? Do you think it is reasonable that with these huge tax cuts the economy would grow at a measly 1.1% annually for ten years?

Yeah, these reports bashing Trumps economic plan are basic establishment bullshit all prettied up to look respectable and give ammo to Trump's enemies so they can use it on interviews, 'Mr Trump how do you explain that your tax plan would only yield growth over ten years of around 11%?' This shit is getting stupid as hell, much like the attacks on Trump for not defending Obama's policies to some libtard plant that tried to get Trump to go along with a toxic racist question.

The establishment has their knives out for Trump and they would much rather run against Jebba the Bush.

I'd like to see an "estimated" deficit for what we're doing right now as a comparison model. Maybe I'll look it up after dinner.

So what? Which Bush?

Callous conservatives take him seriously, but they're not very bright and are very selfish (lacking empathy makes being selfish easy). I know why elected officials don't toss him under the bus, he controls the bribes ...er campaign donations.

• Larry Kudlow on Trump's Tax Plan: I Really Like It
    Newsmax ^ | September 29,2015 | Larry Kudlow
    Kudlow, who hosts his own syndicated radio show, has long championed a 15 percent corporate tax rate, but "I never thought I'd see a candidate do it. Special: Not Transferring a Credit Card Balance Is a Big Mistake "It'll give us a gigantic advantage. Bring capital and businesses to the U.S., make us the most hospitable place to invest — and that's what Donald Trump has done." Republicans are currently split over whether to defund Planned Parenthood in the budget talks, even if it could lead to another federal government shutdown. The 16-day partial closing of the government in 2012...

Carl Icahn: Trump can save AmericaWND ^ | Cheryl Chumley

“His ego permits him to – where a lot of these other presidents don’t – surround himself with really good people,” Icahn told Reuters. “Not just me, but others.” Icahn, to Reuters, said one of Trump’s characteristics that sets him apart from the other candidates, and makes him the best man for the White House job, is his willingness and skill to hand pick excellent advisers with reputations as the best of the best. “He needs as many good people as he can get in this environment today,” Icahn said. “We certainly don’t see that in many of these presidents.”...

Obama's plan considers a lot more info of course -- it spit out a deficit of $583 billion, which Obama says is $455 billion due to recent economy recovery, all things considered (numbers are all over the place see last paragraph)

Included in Obama's proposed budget: $3.99 trillion in spending an increase of 6.4% over current, estimates that revenue would total $3.53 trillion. $1 trillion dollars in additional taxes (supposedly paid by the top earners, but I can't find the numbers and he's a bit tricky dick when it comes to who he considers "top earners" - it's noted in one report that he'd raise $320 billion over 10 years specifically to provide low and middle class tax breaks; credit of $500 for two income families, boost in child tax credit up to 3k per child under 5, and "overhauling breaks that help pay for college")

Details I've managed to dig up across like 50 reports (fucking useless media >.<):

New Tax Revenue
  • $1 trillion in additional taxes on "top earners" (see note above)
  • Increases the capital gains rate on couples making more than $500,000 per year; climbs from 23.8% to 28%
  • Requires estates to pay capital gains taxes on securities at the time they are inherited
  • Imposes a 0.07% fee on roughly 100 US financial companies with assets of more than $50 billion
  • $50 billion dollars from a broad new tax on financial firms
    • Note: I'm guessing some reporter fucked up somewhere in the above two, in which direction though who the hell knows cause I can't find a single confirmation of either number on another site.
  • One time 14% tax on companies accumulated foreign earnings
  • 19% min tax on oversea earnings
    • * Note: I found it mentioned elsewhere that $2 trillion dollars is the number the WH is using for the above two
New Tax Breaks/Cuts
  • $500 "second earner" tax credit
  • Expands the Earned Income Tax Credit to "workers without children and non-custodial parents, promoting employment while reducing poverty and hardship for 13.2million low-income workers struggling to make ends meet."
  • "In addition, the Budget continues to propose making permanent improvements to the EITC and Child Tax Credit that augment wages for 16 million families with 29 million children each year but are scheduled to expire at the end of 2017. Allowing these benefits to expire would result in a roughly $1,700 tax increase for a full-time minimum wage worker with two children."
New Spending
  • $612 billion in military spending, a 4.5% increase
  • $12 billion for cybersecurity measures
  • 7% increase in annual appropriations; an additional $74 billion in 2016 divided between the military and domestic spending
  • $1 billion in aid for Central American countries (says it's to help stem the flood of immigrants)
  • $1 billion for research on a new antivirus and other drugs
  • $487 billion for a public works project (highway, bridge and transport upgrades - half of it, according to one report, being financed with the 14% one time tax on foreign earnings left overseas) ** Note the number dyslexia between this (and two other reports) vs the WH numbers below
    • Expanding the National Network of Manufacturing Institutes – To create jobs, continue growth in the industry, and strengthen America’s leadership in advanced manufacturing technology, the Budget provides the resources to launch seven more institutes in 2016, building on the nine institutes already funded through 2015, and calls for the full investment required to complete a national network of 45 manufacturing institutes.
    • Investing in Home Grown Products and Ideas – The Budget launches a public-private investment fund for advanced manufacturing start-ups, known as the American Made Scale-Up Fund, to help ensure that if a technology is invented in the United States, it can be made in the United States. The Scale-Up Fund will help emerging American-made advanced manufacturing technologies reach commercial scale production in the United States, creating manufacturing jobs for the future and helping to ensure that America keeps making things the rest of the world wants to buy.
    • Rebuilding Our Infrastructure with Transition Revenue from Business Tax Reform – To create jobs, spur economic growth and provide States and localities the certainty they need to plan for the future, the Budget includes a $478 billion, six-year surface transportation reauthorization proposal paid for with transition revenue from pro-growth business tax reform. This transition tax would mean that companies have to pay U.S. tax right now on the $2 trillion they already have overseas, rather than being able to delay paying any U.S. tax indefinitely. The proposal would allow us to repair existing roads and bridges and modernize our infrastructure with new investments in highways, freight networks, and bus, subway, rapid transit, light rail, and passenger rail systems in our cities, fast-growing metropolitan areas, small towns and rural communities across the country.
    • Boosting Private Investment through a Rebuild America Partnership – The Budget boosts private investment in infrastructure through a Rebuild America Partnership by establishing an independent National Infrastructure Bank to leverage private and public capital to support infrastructure projects of national and regional significance. The Budget creates America Fast Forward Bonds, which build on the successful Build America Bonds program of taxable bonds. It also creates the new tax-exempt Qualified Public Infrastructure Bonds, which will help states and local communities to attract new sources of capital for infrastructure investment projects.
    • Cutting Red Tape in the Infrastructure Permitting Process The Administration continues to modernize and improve the Federal permitting process for major infrastructure projects, cutting through red tape and getting more timely decisions on Federal permits and reviews while ensuring that projects lead to better outcomes for communities and the environment.
    • Investing in Innovative Research and Development – Our long-term economic competitiveness depends upon continued robust investment in R&D. The Budget provides a 6 percent increase for R&D, including significant investments in basic research and advanced manufacturing technology. The Budget invests in biomedical research—like the BRAIN initiative, which is developing tools and technologies to offer new insight into diseases like Alzheimer’s, and Precision Medicine, which can improve health outcomes and better treat diseases. It also emphasizes agricultural research, looking at climate resilience and sustainability.
    • Investing in Homegrown Clean Energy – In order to secure America's energy future and protect our children from the impacts of climate change, the Budget invests in clean energy, improving energy security, and enhancing preparedness and resilience to climate change. These investments support the President's Climate Action Plan, helping to expand American leadership in the clean energy economy with new businesses, jobs, and opportunities for American workers.
  • $250 million for the Department of Housing and Urban Development's Choice Neighborhoods program
  • $1.5 billion over five years - "Building on Promise Zones, the budget also includes a new initiative, the Upward Mobility Project, that will allow up to ten communities, States or consortia of States and communities to combine funds from four existing block grant programs designed to promote opportunity and economic development and reduce poverty to test and validate promising approaches to help families become more self-sufficient, improve children's outcomes, and revitalize communities so they can provide more opportunities for their residents. Projects must utilize evidence-based strategies, track program performance, and evaluate intervention effectiveness. The funding streams that States and communities can apply to use – including the Department of Health and Human Services' Social Services Block Grant and Community Services Block Grant, and the Department of Housing and Urban Development's Community Development Block Grant, and HOME Investment Partnerships Program – share a common goal of promoting opportunity and reducing poverty. In addition to these funds, participating communities will be eligible to receive a total of $1.5 billion in new funding over five years, to combine with the added flexibility with currently provided resources."
  • $3 billion on STEM education (including $125 million to "redesign Americas high schools")
  • $150 million for the Department of Education's Promise Neighborhoods program.
  • $60 billion program for free community college for an estimated 9 million students
  • Notes on above three (I think anyway):
    • Provides Tuition-Free Community College for Responsible Students. The President's America's College Promise proposal creates new federal-state partnerships to provide two years of free community college to responsible students, while promoting key reforms to improve the quality of community college offerings to ensure that they are a gateway to a career or four-year degree. If all states participate, an estimated 9 million students could benefit from this proposal.
    • Ensures that Pell Grants Keep Pace with Inflation. Pell Grants are central to our efforts to help low and moderate income students afford college. Since 2013, Pell Grants have been adjusted for inflation annually, but unless Congress acts, this will end in 2017 and the value of Pell Grants will start to erode. The Budget continues the President’s commitment to college affordability by ensuring that Pell Grants keep pace with inflation.
    • Keeps Student Loans Manageable. The Administration is helping student borrowers with existing debt manage their obligations through income-driven repayment plans, such as the Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE) plan, which caps student loan payments at 10 percent of monthly discretionary income. The Budget proposes to extend PAYE to all student borrowers and reform the PAYE terms to ensure that the program is well-targeted and to safeguard the program for the future.
    • Simplifies and Expands Education Tax Benefits. While the creation of the American Opportunity Tax Credit (AOTC) in 2009 made college more affordable for millions of students and their families, our system of tax incentives for higher education is complex, and families are sometimes unable to take full advantage of the benefits. Building on bipartisan reform proposals, the Budget would simplify, consolidate, and expand higher education tax credits. It would cut taxes for 8.5 million families and students, simplify taxes for the more than 25 million families and students that claim education tax benefits, and would provide students working toward a college degree with up to $2,500 of assistance each year for five years. Building on recent bipartisan legislation, the Budget also includes a proposal to significantly simplify the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
    • Drives Performance and Innovation in Higher Education. The Budget invests in evidence-based efforts at colleges and universities to dramatically improve educational outcomes for all students through the First in the World Fund, which recognizes that leading the world in education requires higher college graduation rates, not just attendance.
    • Community colleges, like those in Tennessee and Texas, that build strong employer partnerships and offer training in in-demand fields are creating career pathways to the middle class. The Budget requests $200 million for a new American Technical Training Fund to create or expand innovative, evidence-based job training programs in high-demand fields that provide a path to the middle class for hard-working, low-wage Americans. Projects would emphasize strong employer partnerships, work-based learning opportunities, accelerated training, and flexible scheduling for students to accommodate part-time work. Programs could be created within current community colleges, other innovative, non-traditional training providers, or these entities in partnership with secondary programs. This initiative would be housed in the Career and Technical Education Innovation Fund, jointly administered by the Department of Education and the Department of Labor and builds on the Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training Grants (for which 2014 was the final year of funding).

Random spending and stuff with no costs attached:
  • "Expands child care to more that 1.1million additional children under the age of 4 by 2025"
  • "Seeks to implement universal pre-school"
  • "pitch to spend billions more to combat climate change and promote renewable energy tech"
  • "The Budget encourages additional States to develop paid family leave programs by providing funding for the initial set-up and half of the benefit costs for as many as five States through the Paid Leave Partnership Initiative. It also provides support and technical assistance to those States that are still building the infrastructure they need to launch programs in the future through the State Paid Leave Fund."
  • "Millions of working Americans lack access to a retirement savings plan at work. Fewer than 10 percent of those without plans at work save in a retirement account on their own. In 2015, retirement security will be one of the key topics of the White House Conference on Aging. The Budget would make it easy and automatic for workers to save for retirement through their employer – giving 30 million more workers access to a workplace savings opportunity. The Budget also ensures that long-term part-time employees can participate in their employers’ retirement plans and provides tax incentives to offset administrative expenses for small businesses that adopt retirement plans." (Socialized retirement?)

----

Overviews note that the White House says the deficit will decline to $474 billion net year. It's noted later that deficits are projected to rise beginning in 2018, and by 2025 interest payments on the national debt will account for 13.5%% of government spending - up from 6.5% today.

Another site claims that Obama's plan doesn't balance and that it has a projected deficit of $687 billion in 2025.
Another site says $525 billion next year 2016.
One of the major reasons for the lower deficit calculation from the White House is that the CBO marked down it's cost estimate for major federal health programs by 10-15% from it's 2009 projection.

(I've got things to do so I'll try to get back to this when I have time. I've gone through the White Houses statements up to the "military" section so far ~ Fiscal Year 2016 Budget Overview )

His plan is a Good start. on top of that We can gut out a few USELESS government agencies to MAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE. start looking for a damn job. working for government doesn't mean you have a JOB FOR LIFE

Trumps plan is a $1 trillion a year gift to the wealthy

Forum List

Back