Non Singing Talent Competition - AGT, Project Runway, Dancing Etc. - Do You Watch?

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
This thread is for discussion of all the great non-singing talent competitions including but not limited to:

America's Got Talent
Project Runway
Dancing with the Stars
So You Think You Can Dance
American Ninja Warrior

. . . .and whatever else might fit in this category.

And yes, AGT does include some singers, but most of the talent takes other forms.

Last edited:
Currently the only one running I know of that interests me is Project Runway. I am by no means a designer myself and haven't gotten out the sewing machine in decades, but I am fascinated by the creative designs those people are able to come up with. Thursday nights on A&E.

Whoops Correction. The show running now is an adaptation of Project Runway, but it's called "Under the Gunn" where the infamous Tim Gunn hosts the show pitting three Project Runway winners against each other as mentors of aspiring designers. Otherwise works pretty much as Project Runway with a winner and loser (who is eliminated) in each episode.

Im tempted to include "Biggest Loser" in this category too since it doesn't seem to fit in any others. If this thread generates any interest, is losing weight a talent? For that matter is American Ninja Warrior a talent?

When someone that I like is on Dancing With The Stars show, I most definitely watch! When the new round starts on March 17th, Candace Cameron Bure (D.J. from the Full House TV show) is the reason why I intend to watch the show again. :) :) :)

God bless you and her always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

When someone that I like is on Dancing With The Stars show, I most definitely watch! When the new round starts on March 17th, Candace Cameron Bure (D.J. from the Full House TV show) is the reason why I intend to watch the show again. :) :) :)

God bless you and her always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

I watch DWTS regardless of who is on the cast. I love the costumes, the color, the comraderie, great dancing by the pros and often also by the contestants, and they generally use music scores that I really enjoy. I honestly never care who wins as I don't really watch it for the competition, and of course it is a popularity competition anyway as the fans keep some of the worst dancers on for quite awhile just because they are beloved and fun.

My daughter and I love the Ninja Warrior series. And my wife and I watch the Project Runways. I too am impressed by the creativity the designers exhibit. That, and I really like Tim Gunn!

My daughter and I love the Ninja Warrior series. And my wife and I watch the Project Runways. I too am impressed by the creativity the designers exhibit. That, and I really like Tim Gunn!

Oooh another American Ninja Warriors fan. They just fascinate me because what they do looks so impossible. And you watch Project Runway with your wife? I'm impressed. Hombre and I do enjoy a lot of programs together, but he won't watch that one. :)

Oooh another American Ninja Warriors fan. They just fascinate me because what they do looks so impossible. And you watch Project Runway with your wife? I'm impressed. Hombre and I do enjoy a lot of programs together, but he won't watch that one. :)

I just pretend not to be interested in the show but the wife is a fanatic and its a great demostration of the creative process under pressure. If Westwall can admit it ---- so can I.

:eusa_clap:

I just pretend not to be interested in the show but the wife is a fanatic and its a great demostration of the creative process under pressure. If Westwall can admit it ---- so can I.

:eusa_clap:

Careful there buddy....don't want to let too much out of the closet at one time!:lol::lol::lol:

I was a pretty serious rock climber when I was younger and I like to think about how I would have tackled the various obstacles. Good fun!

Hell's Kitchen
Master Chef
Big Brother

The cooking competition thread (Hell's Kitchen, Master Chef, and a plethora of others) is here:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/tv-forum/343704-the-cooking-competitions-do-you-watch.html

Big Brother, Bachelor, Bachelorette , Bachelor Pad etc. probably deserve their own threads as they are so different from the skill competitions. Big Brother is probably the next one up and will run in the summer, but they don't have a premiere date set up for it yet. If nobody else does, I'll start a thread for that when we know when it will be.

Other threads of interest in the competition reality shows category:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/tv-forum/185188-survivor-are-you-watching.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/tv-forum/313717-the-amazing-race.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/tv-forum/343691-the-singing-competitions-do-you-watch.html

I was a pretty serious rock climber when I was younger and I like to think about how I would have tackled the various obstacles. Good fun!

But we won't be expecting to see you on the next American Ninja Warrior?

Ahhhhh, if I were a younger man you betcha! Now approaching 70, and after open heart surgery, the superstructure just isn't there anymore:(

Ahhhhh, if I were a younger man you betcha! Now approaching 70, and after open heart surgery, the superstructure just isn't there anymore:(

Yeah I hear that. I watch some of these shows and remember what it was like to be young with boundless energy and stamina. Maybe that's their appeal to a lot of us--we can enjoy just imagining for a little while.

America's Got Talent.......YES!
Project Runway.......YES!
Dancing with the Stars...Oh HAYELL no.
So You Think You Can Dance......meh. Sometimes.
American Ninja Warrior......YES!

Hell's Kitchen
Master Chef
Chopped
Cutthroat Kitchen
Big Brother
Survivor
Amazing Race (when returning people aren't competing)
Antiques Roadshow
Snapped

Last edited:

Forum List

Back