The Dancing Competition - DWTS and Others - Do You Watch?

Well the finale was all anybody could have expected topping off one of the best Dancing seasons ever in my opinion. WINNERS: MAKS AND MERYL

And ultimately I was thrilled that Maks and Meryl won--more for him than her. Because, at 6'2" he has always been assigned the larger contestants, none of whom were especially proficient dancers, he went 10 seasons on Dancing without ever winnng a Mirabal Trophy even though he was such an amazing dancer himself.

But this year he was assigned Meryl and never, in all my years of watching, have I ever seen chemistry between two people like there was between these two. I will not be at all surprised if they did not really fall in love and will be a forever kind of thing.

This is the Foxtrot they did on Week 3--something you would expect in the finale, not Week 3. And it was here that I knew we were witnessing something very special. And it only got better and better from here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpZ8DJs7lLk]Meryl Davis & Maks "All of Me" ft. Lindsey Stirling | DWTS 18 | LIVE 3-31-14 - YouTube[/ame]

Me too. And even though Meryl really didn't qualify as an amateur--neither did Charlie--her dancing was so beautiful, effortless, and amazing it thrilled me every week. And I really think it isn't out of the question that they will stay together, like forever. :)

The Dancing Competitions need their own thread I think as they do attract quite a large viewing audience.

So whether it is Dancing with the Stars or So You Think You Can Dance? or any of the other occasional dancing competitions, is this your cup of tea?

I'll admit that I will probably be watching.
I love dancing with the stars. Vanilla ice baby! Who was the big busom big ass girl on before him? Baby face won't win. Who did I miss?

I saw last night's show and in my opinion that one guy needs to withdraw from the competition because his being there might only compromise the safety of everyone else who is in the picture.

God bless you and him and everyone else there always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, he should have waited one more year to be a part of the show or anything else that he may get involved in because right now, people are remembering all too well what it is that he is currently known for due to the fact that it only just recently happened.

I saw last night's show and in my opinion that one guy needs to withdraw from the competition because his being there might only compromise the safety of everyone else who is in the picture.

God bless you and him and everyone else there always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, he should have waited one more year to be a part of the show or anything else that he may get involved in because right now, people are remembering all too well what it is that he is currently known for due to the fact that it only just recently happened.

I'm assuming you mean Ryan Lochte and maybe. He fessed up on the show and DWTS was up front about the scandal associated with him and I do believe that though that was a serious idiot situation but not life threatening to anybody and property damage was dealt with, I do think he really REALLY regrets the whole thing. And the only way to live down a scandal like that is to demonstrate that you aren't the scandal that is part of your history. In other words, become more likable and respectable than the scandal would suggest. So maybe for him, and for DWTS, it was a good move. We'll see how it goes.

At first I thought you meant Rick Perry who I did think should have waited a year to participate as he is still technically a presidential candidate whose campaign is only suspended. He turned out to be a better dancer than I thought he would be though. We'll see how he fares with the DWTS voters.

If I was betting today, I would pick Val and Laurie Hernandez to win it--the gymnasts are all amazing dancers and he is an amazing dancer and coach. But I'll have to say I sure liked that Viennese waltz by Jana Kramer and Gleb Savchenko. He makes my heart go pitter pat anyway and she was great. If the sparks fly like that every week they could really be contenders.

The Dancing Competitions need their own thread I think as they do attract quite a large viewing audience.

So whether it is Dancing with the Stars or So You Think You Can Dance? or any of the other occasional dancing competitions, is this your cup of tea?

I'll admit that I will probably be watching.
Not a chance.

Forum List

Back