Non Cliquity Clack Club

I lost my fluff. I need to find it again.

Just get some new fluff......:D

I like my suggestion better. :rofl:

Oh yeah.....well I like my suggestion better....

Here, Gracie.....pick as much as you want....:D

FLUFF:
th

Catch everyone later....going to go wake up with a cup of coffee!

Morning, peoples!

I have 3 potential new roomies coming today to look at the room that will be available in Sept. I am looking early so folks have time to make arrangements to move in, and on my end, one goes out a new one comes in and no waiting. All three sound good. One is 58 and is a gatekeeper at the forest trail owned by PG&E, another one is 48 and lives with her son and wants out of there and also has a little dog, the last one just moved here and is on disability and told me she was boring and quiet and just wants to read in the front yard and is age 55. All three calls came in the same day I placed the ad! Wow. That's rare.

So...around 5pm they will be arriving to meet us, look at the room and check out the house. And we will be doing the same with them. ;)

I know! First thought when he told me that was...some guy in armor with a spear watching the gate and saying HALT! lol

Personally...where he is located as gatekeeper....I think that hiking trail goes very close to Diablo...our nuclear plant. So of course they would need a guard there. The public IS allowed to hike that trail...but only so far before they have to turn back due to extreme fencing and whatnot.

Yes...on the other side of them thar mountains is where I be. :)

4 blocks to the beach. I listen to the roar of the surf. And the fog horn. I have two owls that live one street over..behind my house...that hoot every time the foghorn does late at night. :lol:

Lancaster was cleaner than Bakersfield. I hated Bakes. Hot, muggy, smoggy, nasty. THAT is the armpit of the whole USA when it comes to filthy air. But this year, Fresno beat them for the first time as Nasty Air.

Yes...on the other side of them thar mountains is where I be. :)

4 blocks to the beach. I listen to the roar of the surf. And the fog horn. I have two owls that live one street over..behind my house...that hoot every time the foghorn does late at night. :lol:

Lancaster was cleaner than Bakersfield. I hated Bakes. Hot, muggy, smoggy, nasty. THAT is the armpit of the whole USA when it comes to filthy air. But this year, Fresno beat them for the first time as Nasty Air.

Yeah, Lancaster may have been cleaner.....I only passed through Bakersfield several times on the way to San Francisco.....but Lancaster had all these cookie-cutter house all in a row. It was also very hot....not muggy, hell we were in the middle of the Mojave desert.

Yeah..I know. Desert. I used to go there for groceries when I lived in Tehachapi. I hated Bakes...so went the opposite direction when it was time for the monthly stock-up run for food supplies.

6746.PGE_5F00_Diablo_5F00_Canyon.jpg

On the other side of them thar mountains is the hiking trail.

Are you that close to the ocean, Gracie? Sure looks like a neat place......I loved the Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo area when we lived in Lancaster (the armpit of California)..:)

Isn't that the nuclear power station that is sitting on top of a fault line?

Well...the room showing is over for now. One cancelled, two showed up. The one guy....um. No. He was weird. The gal with her little chihuahua? I liked her. She wanted the room too. Wanted to pay the deposit. But...my property management mentality kicked in although I am now retired and I learned long ago they might SEEM normal, but might not be. I gotta check references before I take her money and let her have the room. If it was just an apartment or condo...then no sweat. Whole different ballgame when they are under the same ROOF. So...I gave her an app, told her to fill it out and mail it to me, then once I got everything checked out and it looked good, then she can send me a money order. But for now, she needs to think about it, discuss it with her son and daughter in law, then we can talk on the phone. Hubby LOVED her little dog. What a cutey!

Well...the room showing is over for now. One cancelled, two showed up. The one guy....um. No. He was weird. The gal with her little chihuahua? I liked her. She wanted the room too. Wanted to pay the deposit. But...my property management mentality kicked in although I am now retired and I learned long ago they might SEEM normal, but might not be. I gotta check references before I take her money and let her have the room. If it was just an apartment or condo...then no sweat. Whole different ballgame when they are under the same ROOF. So...I gave her an app, told her to fill it out and mail it to me, then once I got everything checked out and it looked good, then she can send me a money order. But for now, she needs to think about it, discuss it with her son and daughter in law, then we can talk on the phone. Hubby LOVED her little dog. What a cutey!

Hope it works out....that's a tough one, having a complete stranger come and live under your roof....make sure they are not weird whatever you do....:)

Forum List

Back