Nobody Reads Anything Before they Start Posting Replies

M
Not sure it's just a "left/right" thing. If a thread is entirely based on a link to some sketchy site or endlessly long article that the OP never bothered to fully explain or paraphrase, you can't bitch about people not flattering your ego by agonizing over every jot and tittle.
Fair enough

So first, they figure out what side you are on. ...

And you should see their gyrations when they can't. Most of them simply won't accept it. It doesn't fit in the partisan brain.

Someone in another thread said "Tell me which side you're on so I can decide whether to agree with you or not". I think they were kidding, but that really is how most people approach these threads.

I guess it's just easier than thinking for yourself.

I have come across this startling phenomena here many times now. I will post a link to an article I find interesting, along with a little commentary or opinion, then people start replying. It is quite obvious from the replies themselves that many people who respond did not read the linked article or my commentary prior to responding. They are responding to the headline. Then it gets even more retarded.

The leftists here will bring up Trump in just about every Politics or Current Event post, even if the linked article and commentary both have absolutely nothing to do with Trump. The leftists/Dems have defined the entire world and all of existence into a binary: you are a Trumper or you are a non-Trumper. Sometimes they will brave the flow and elaborate between Trumpers, Never-Trumper, and anti-Trumper. But the more they stray from the simple, the more stupid they look. So they tend to stay with the binary. Essentially, they are like animal intellectually.

So first, they figure out what side you are on. If they define you as a Trumper, then they immediately call out your Trump allegiance and accuse you of being a Russia sumpathizer ( or a bot). It is a Pavlovian response. At this point they cannot even help themselves. They just do it and don't know why. And they will respond like this regardless of the subject matter. You could post about menstruation and someone is going to bring up Trump. It is absurd and obnoxious.

In the final station of stupidity, the lefties will start hurling insults. I suspect they all have some sort of source from which they get these insults because they all look and sound the same. They are pretty lame too. If you think that having some anonymous nobody on the interest tell me that in snarky fashion that I am stupid, ignorant, gay, a homophobe, a bigot, or whatever, then you have got a long way to go in your endeavor to give me a Don Rickles style beatdown. a LONG way to go. I have stopped replying to that shit to a large degree. You can "own" me with your links to Daily KOS and Mother Jones all you want. I don't care.
Most of the 'net is proliferated with misdirected angst and anger Lord long one

It makes folks feel better, when they can target blame on anything but themselves

It' also easy to control 'us' , as long as 'them' are demonized via said narrative

Sells like hotcakes , which one can read here on a daily basis

~S~

It makes folks feel better, when they can target blame on anything but themselves

It' also easy to control 'us' , as long as 'them' are demonized via said narrative

~S~
Thank you.

~S~
True, but some people really ARE demonized

several elite dumrats come to mind

I've noticed the same thing.

I just skip over the posters who don't seem to have read the info or watched the video (and you can TeLL)

I figure: Why waste my time on people who don't care? and/or can't reason well... would prefer to just jump in and say Whatever... because they are bored or what have you..

I have come across this startling phenomena here many times now. I will post a link to an article I find interesting, along with a little commentary or opinion, then people start replying.
Perhaps you should re-evaluate the sources you copy-n-paste or start posting your own material. Own your part of it.

I have come across this startling phenomena here many times now. I will post a link to an article I find interesting, along with a little commentary or opinion, then people start replying. It is quite obvious from the replies themselves that many people who respond did not read the linked article or my commentary prior to responding. They are responding to the headline. Then it gets even more retarded.

The leftists here will bring up Trump in just about every Politics or Current Event post, even if the linked article and commentary both have absolutely nothing to do with Trump. The leftists/Dems have defined the entire world and all of existence into a binary: you are a Trumper or you are a non-Trumper. Sometimes they will brave the flow and elaborate between Trumpers, Never-Trumper, and anti-Trumper. But the more they stray from the simple, the more stupid they look. So they tend to stay with the binary. Essentially, they are like animal intellectually.

So first, they figure out what side you are on. If they define you as a Trumper, then they immediately call out your Trump allegiance and accuse you of being a Russia sumpathizer ( or a bot). It is a Pavlovian response. At this point they cannot even help themselves. They just do it and don't know why. And they will respond like this regardless of the subject matter. You could post about menstruation and someone is going to bring up Trump. It is absurd and obnoxious.

In the final station of stupidity, the lefties will start hurling insults. I suspect they all have some sort of source from which they get these insults because they all look and sound the same. They are pretty lame too. If you think that having some anonymous nobody on the interest tell me that in snarky fashion that I am stupid, ignorant, gay, a homophobe, a bigot, or whatever, then you have got a long way to go in your endeavor to give me a Don Rickles style beatdown. a LONG way to go. I have stopped replying to that shit to a large degree. You can "own" me with your links to Daily KOS and Mother Jones all you want. I don't care.
All you can is post and excerpt from the OP and ask for comments about it. Sometimes that helps to bypass at least some of the numbnuts, professional trolls, and intentional idiots.

What defines a numbnut, professional troll, intentional idiot etc.?:
1. Just as you said, those who post without reading the OP or any links in it.
2. Those who refuse to answer a direct and reasonable question.
3. Those who go straight to insult of anybody mentioned in your OP or the person posting the OP especially with the intent to start a food fight, derail the thread or whatever.
4. Those who "disagree" with or otherwise disparage every post you make but never offer any reasoned rebuttal to it.
5. Those who think calling somebody a liar or whatever is actual rebuttal to a specific question or request for comment, most especially when they refuse to point out the lie that was told and why in their opinion it is a lie.
6. Those that try to divert the subject, debate solely with 'whataboutisms', or make inane or unhelpful dumb comments thinking they look clever or smart when they do that.
7. Those who descend en masse on an interesting thread to be sure it doesn't gain legs

There's more but I'm actually venting here knowing that you all know this. And when the perception is that numbnuts/trolls/idiots get away with stuff and are tolerated more while others are disadvantaged or punished, it does take a lot of joy out of it for a lot of members.

Forum List

Back