Nobody on welfare should be allowed to vote

Congress approved every dime. Republicans controlled the senate, the Democrats controlled the House.

Um, the Senate enacts the bills, the House provides funding for bills after they are approved. You need one of those civics lessons.

Point out what I said that was wrong. Congress did approve the funding for SDI and at that time the Democrats controlled the House. Before you try and correct me, be certain that I am wrong.

Without fact-checking your assertion that the Republicans controlled the Senate at the time, then I must assume the Republicans had the votes to get it passed. That's all.

gotta love those 'pro-america parts of the country'.

:cuckoo:

Isn't it cool how no matter how much they'd otherwise like to do so... The Anti-Americans just can muster the courage to engage the argument?

Sweet Fail...

hmmmmm, isn't that what you just did with this post of yours P/I? :D

btw, democrats have engaged in this argument/thread, and the cons have been OWNED! :D :rofl:

I am not laughing at you P/I, just at care4all(moi) for even saying that! :lol:

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

So you don't think the employees of the TARP recipients should be allowed to vote?.. mmmmm??? Interesting.... Walmart employees get as much welfare from every community they leach off of ....I see your point!

Can't speak for the Dude...

But I wil tell you, that TARP was UNCONSTITUTIONAL! There should be NO TARP or any POTENTIAL FOR TARP.

But where one fails to bear their responsibility as a Citizen and needs as a result of their failure to turn to the government for their survival... then they have in fact forfeited the rights which are sustained by those responsibilities... and the right to have a say in who represents their interests in government is not the least of those rights which one forfeits through such a failure.

Last edited:
"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

So you don't think the employees of the TARP recipients should be allowed to vote?.. mmmmm??? Interesting.... Walmart employees get as much welfare from every community they leach off of ....I see your point!

But I wil tell you, that TARP was UNCONSTITUTIONAL! There should be NO TARP or any POTENTIAL FOR TARP.

But where one fails to bear their responsibility as a Citizen and needs as a result of their failure to turn to the government for their survival... then they have in fact forfeited the rights which are sustained by those responsibilities... and the right to have a say in who represents their interests in government is not the least of those rights which one forfeits through such a failure.
Not to mention the oil corps ...they take a huge welfare check ...hundreds of billions a year.

Or is it really just the extremely poor with no one to turn to that you begrudge a stipend?

I suspect it isn't handouts that bother you..it is the opportunity to step on rather than give assistance to someone that is at an extreme disadvantage. No doubt there is a racist component to your motivation. Yup! You are clearly a fine american.

And thanks for playing "What was it that it says on the Statue of Liberty anyway"?

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:
[/QUOTE]

These citizens have NOT forfeited crap and what YOU and the op is proposing is UNCONSTITUTIONAL....

But of COURSE that does not matter to YOU....huh? :eusa_whistle:

Care

You want "names"?? How about just accepting the fact that they find the loopholes, which isn't rocket science.

In other words, you got nothing. Just like the others that I posed this question to.

I'll let you do your own reading:

how the wealthy avoid taxes - Google Search

So simplify the system.. shrink that agency.. spend less on that agency... ensure everyone is at the same rate on every dollar earned.. eliminate loopholes and keep it simple.... problem solved

You cheat those 'evaders' out of equality in a complex system, and they will certainly take advantage of every loophole that is legal....

But since the vast majority on the far left really have no want for equality (only selective equality)... I don't really expect you to support such a thing

These citizens have NOT forfeited crap and what YOU and the op is proposing is UNCONSTITUTIONAL....

But of COURSE that does not matter to YOU....huh? :eusa_whistle:

Care

What's unconstitutional about it Care?

Are you of the mind that a citizen has the right to vote themselves the product of another's labor?

'Cause that's what you're advocating...

You're not entitled a damn thing which you did not EARN! And that you do so through the color of LAW... does not change that.

So explain to the board, your reasoning wherein a person who is intent on expecting to be subsidized through someone else's money, has a right to use their vote to do acquire such, when they've no moral justification to do so otherwise.

And please... BE SPECIFIC!

Not to mention the oil corps ...they take a huge welfare check ...hundreds of billions a year.

Or is it really just the extremely poor with no one to turn to that you begrudge a stipend?

I suspect it isn't handouts that bother you..it is the opportunity to step on rather than give assistance to someone that is at an extreme disadvantage. No doubt there is a racist component to your motivation. Yup! You are clearly a fine american.

And thanks for playing "What was it that it says on the Statue of Liberty anyway"?

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:
[/QUOTE]

OK..I'll try to walk you through some of this nicely but the desire to just call you a batshit crazy asshole is overwelming...I'll do the best I can.

You seem hung up on constitutionality. Bush's Supreme court decision to interfere in the Florida count was clearly unconstitutional which lead to Bushies unconstitutional invasion of Afgahnistan and war on terror which lead to Bushies unconstitutional invasion of Iraq and Bushies unconstitutional actions permitting the destruction of our financial system visa vie his sworn oath to protect our country from all enemies foreign and domestic.

Your grip on the constitution is vauge and sporadic at best. When you rail against TARP you are suggesting that we should have just let the chips fall where they may. The only rational conclusion would have been massive reprocussions of complete failure of the banking, lending, investment and manufacturing sectors of our country. In short you advocate total destruction of our countrys capitalistic system. If that had occured unemployment would probably now be more than 50% and still rising. Let me guess... it would pleasure you to think you could have blamed all of that on Obama. Rather than rebuild the engine in a timely manner you would have prefered that our car break down way out in the desert..catch fire and blow up.

No.. I reject your input as anti american and sociopathic. I would rather learn dating skills from Ted Bundy.

Last edited:
yeah...gotta make sure the rich people who make their money tax exempt start paying.

and let's get rid of that corporate welfare. :thup:

Name those "rich" people whose money is tax exempt.

You want "names"?? How about just accepting the fact that they find the loopholes, which isn't rocket science.

Loopholes?

What in the hell is a "LOOPHOLE"?

Sounds like you're trying to assign a nefarious intent, on people who do not pay taxes for which they are not obligated to pay.

What right do you have to demand that someone else pay taxes which you're not required to pay?

BE SPECIFIC!

How about the recipient of corporate welfare? (Like all the big oil companies) Let's take away the voting rights of all the corporate employees of corporations on welfare.

If the country were being run the way it is supposed to be under the Constitution, we wouldn't have these issues to worry about to begin with, there would be no 'corporate welfare' or any other kind of welfare.

And you'd still be driving a horse and buggy on dirt roads, asking around town which poor house you can stick gramma and grampa in cuz they're too sick to contribute to your household by working in the fields.

So, let me get this straight, you think providing welfare caused this country to excel? :cuckoo:

If the country were being run the way it is supposed to be under the Constitution, we wouldn't have these issues to worry about to begin with, there would be no 'corporate welfare' or any other kind of welfare.

And you'd still be driving a horse and buggy on dirt roads, asking around town which poor house you can stick gramma and grampa in cuz they're too sick to contribute to your household by working in the fields.

So, let me get this straight, you think providing welfare caused this country to excel? :cuckoo:

LOL... That imbecile, Maggie Mae, has absolutely no idea what America is, what she is founded upon, or the immutable principles which establish American exceptionalism.

She is absolutely CLUELESS! And as a result she has no business being found within 10 miles of a voting booth.

My father left my mother while my brother and I were both small children.

My mother was forced to go on welfare and food stamps in order to take care of us properly.

When my brother and I were old enough to take care of ourselves when she wasn't home, she went back to work.

Since that time, she has paid back to the system many times what she received. She, my brother and I have been faithful taxpayers for decades.

The problem with the right-wing philosophy of never wanting to help anyone through difficult situations is that sometimes people need a hand up to be able to succeed, and sometimes that involves welfare.

Of course, radical right-wingers really don't want to hear that, extremists of all shades just want the world to exist in black and white terms, rather than shades of gray.

Last edited:
Um, the Senate enacts the bills, the House provides funding for bills after they are approved. You need one of those civics lessons.

Point out what I said that was wrong. Congress did approve the funding for SDI and at that time the Democrats controlled the House. Before you try and correct me, be certain that I am wrong.

Without fact-checking your assertion that the Republicans controlled the Senate at the time, then I must assume the Republicans had the votes to get it passed. That's all.

Why then would you even make a comment not knowing whether I am wrong or right?

Typical lefty, spouting off shit that they know nothing about!

But it's not hard to fact check the year was 1983. Republicans controlled the Senate, Democrats controlled the House and as you pointed out it's the House that pays the bills. Therefore the Democrats approved funding for SDI.

Good grief, I'm probably what you'd consider a "radical right winger" and my job is to determine eligibility for welfare recipients. I've been on welfare as well, when I had to.

I've worked both sides of the welfare line and come from a single parent household. My mom got foodstamps once, but couldn't bear it. She worked 3 jobs to raise us, and we got to stay home alone for long stretches because of it.

You won't ever hear me attacking welfare recipients en masse. You get more of that from people on the left, generally. Who make fun of them on one hand, while insisting we subsidize them on the other. Who declare them as noble savages one minute, and the next minute accuse them of being sub-human trailer trash. Particularly if they don't toe the party line.

In other words, you got nothing. Just like the others that I posed this question to.

I'll let you do your own reading:

how the wealthy avoid taxes - Google Search

The claim that was made was that the rich were "exempt" from paying taxes, finding loopholes in the tax code isnt the same. But thanks for playing!

Last edited:
I have always believed that Conservatives are eager to erode civil liberties and personal rights. This thread re-enforces that notion. Dis-enfranchise the poor! Capital idea!

Conservatives further would love it if the police did not have to follow so many damn rules! Crack some heads (or shoot some students) and the world will rest comfortably on its axis.

Conservatives think that giving tax breaks to the richest among us is fair. Tax breaks in the form of mortgage deductions, credits for dependant children, home improvements, tuition and the like are enjoyed by the middle class. But the Conservatives say that's not right. Everyone should pay taxes.

Conservatives rail against regulations which protect the environment. Too much government interfering in commerce. They rail against regulations protecting workers in the work place. Again, intrusive government making it impossible to profit.

And here they are wanting to take more rights away from American citizens.

And they call themselves "Patriots"

Why?

They clearly hate Americans.

Forum List

Back